Hi again themex, 2 things that i would like to see in future updates,
1. Enable user to change email address in settings page
2. Allow user to delete his account or deactivate
Hi, thanks for suggestions, will consider adding these features.
Request for a future update: Allow infinite scrolling on category pages.
Hi, thanks for suggestion, will consider adding this.
1. I would like to disable the chat function and message!
2. I would like to activate function for public images
1. Will be possible in the next version.
2. Can’t quite understand, public user photos are possible already.
Purchased and installed Woo Subscriptions and get error below on profile page.
Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/singlep6/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-subscriptions/classes/class-wc-subscriptions-product.php on line 283
Hi, will check compatibility with this extension before relesing the next theme version. It seems that it adds new product type that is not handled by the membership checkout.
U da bomb man!!!!
is there a support Forum for this theme so we can all share problems and the solutions?
Hi, sure http://themextemplates.com/support
So we can have different level of membership, say one free one and one paid, what kind of differences is there between the two memberships? Can you give me some examples? I have been wanting to do a dating site for ages so I am very tempted… And i have to woo subscription extension so I need to be sure this will work too.
1. Membership limits the number of messages, gifts and photos. You can set default limits (as a free trial), and if user needs more gifts for example he will need to pay a membership fee.
2. Will test this extension with LoveStory before releasing the next version.
Any idea when the next update will come?
Hi, on this weekend, but themes are not being reviewed on weekends so i guess you will get it on Monday.
Ok, great! Will u have the Custom fields addon in That update?
Sure, this feature is planned for the next version.
When I click on the profile and I click on the image it Appears the message “Sign in to view full size photos”.I would like to activate function for public images. Sorry man my english is a shit.
Hi, sure i will help you to enable viewing photos for not registered users, there’s a simple code fix.
The Woocommerce subscriptions extension is pretty pricey, is this going to be the only option for incorporating recurring payments ito the theme, or will you be building something into the theme?
Hi, if you mean PayPal recurring billing then currently this extension is the only solution, but wht do you need recurring billing – membership is purchased in 3 clicks, and if user needs more messages or gifts he will renew membership if it expires. I will consider implementing recurring billing in the theme.
demo is not working
Hi, please check it again – maybe there was some temporary issue with my server.
Purchased, and installed theme. am testing it now and a few bugs, when i activate the captcha, on the registration page, it gives the error “Verification code is empty” even when its correct. Also the email activation, there is no email sent to the user for activation.
1.If possible send me temporary WP access in PM and i’ll check, can’t get the same issue.
2. I suggest installing some SMTP plugin http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-smtp/ because the most of emails without SMTP data are filtered as spam.
Owk, give me your PM address
You can send me email through the contact form on my profile page.
Coul dyou please tell me:
1. How I add the story snippet that appears on the homepage? When I add a story, the entire story appears on the homepage. I tried adding the “More” divider, but that didn’t work.
2. I have enabled permalinks. Is there an easy way I can change where the stories appear from /story/ to something else?
1. I suggest importing demo content – you will get the same layout as you see on the live preview, here’s a video http://www.screenr.com/b1xH Use [stories] shortcode to show the latest stories, and add excerpt (short content) for each story.
2. Yes, try using translation files http://themextemplates.com/support/categories/topic/translating-themes/ change “story” word, don’t rename en_US.po file.
Thanks for getting back to me.
I did import the demo via the xml, which worked great. I also watched the video, which didn’t answer my problem.
When I edit the demo story “Science of Love” for example, and save it, the entire story appears on the homepage, not the original snippet of the story that ends with “vehicula a mauris mauris.”
It makes no difference what is in the excerpt box.
The shortcode doesn’t seem to have anyhting to do with this problem.
Please see this image for a better explanation
Regarding renaming the /story/ address. I installed poedit and opened en_US.po, but “story” doesn’t appear to be in there.
Thanks Mr M
Hi, thanks, will fix this thing in the next theme version – it should show the first paragraph but for some reason paragraphs dissapear after saving, you can set sections parameter for shortcode as 0: [stories number=”2” sections=”0”] and excerpt will be shown instead of the first paragraph.
Still no sign of the word story in the latest version of the en_US.po file
Just checked, for some reason PO file hasn’t any strings from lovestory/framework/config.php file, i guess this is PO file generator issue, you can zip the theme archive and regenerate this file.
Hi I really love this template however I am not wanting it for dating I am wanting to change it to an employee profile page. So I have a few questions sorry if you have already answered them before to others.
1. On the home page where it says “I am a …man/woman… looking for a …man/woman… aged … to …”
can this be changed? for example change woman to employee OR change the age part to I am qualified in …hospitality/trade/computers…
2. is it possible for a user to give someones profile a rating and or review?
3. can i block or delete users?
4. can a user block anther user?
5. is this just supported for computer or is it mobile website aswell?
1. Currently it’s possible only with changing the source code, i mean if you have some WordPress developer for freelance work.
2. No, there’s no rating system.
4. Currently it’s impossible.
5. This theme is responsive and it has mobile layout.
I’m thinking about purchasing this theme but I’d really like to see profile questions to create better matches.
Geo Location to show matches nearby.
Hi, thanks, what do you mean about profile questions? You will be able to add any profile fields, for example Eyes Color in the next theme version, it will be released on Monday.
Hello, the description says that the theme comes with a profile editor, but when I check the theme, it is not present. I notice in a past comment, you said it would be coming soon. Is it in the theme already? If so, where?
When logged in, the button at the top says “Sing out” not “Sign out”.
When I click on view profile, it takes me to the front page.
None of the content would import no matter what I set the max execution time to, so I have no dummy content. Its hard to follow your videos as they are silent and there is no text in the documentation, so I can not ctrl F to locate data. Do you have any other material to explain how to do this?
Thanks so much. It looks fantastic.
Hi, thanks, glad you like it. I meant that user can edit his profile through the site instead of usign WordPress profile, but custom profile fields editor will be added to the next theme version (will be released on Monday). Typo with Sing/Sign will be fixed also, sorry for this.
There are screencasts about all theme features, just follow them step by step, here’s a video about importing demo content http://www.screenr.com/b1xH Importing is not the theme feature, it’s default WordPress functionality and if it’s not working then there’s something with your server settings or my server is temporary unavailable.
Nice. No problem.
I can not figure out how to edit my profile. I created an account to test.
I tried importing many times, but nothing worked. I have my own server rented and it has min 99% free resources. I even increased the max execution time, but that doesnt really matter so long as we can get everything setup.
Just to give you more data. The link for my profile is http://meetingpinoy.com/profile/5uperman/ but that takes me to the website frontpage.
Hi, do you get blank page after importing? Maybe there’re too many images, try disabling “Import Attachments” option and check, if import will be successfull then there’s something with the server settings – i mean server forbids loading files from other domain.
Its an issue with the plugin. A lot of people are having major issues with it. I just need to get the pages setup.
Do you know why I cant edit or even view my account profile?
Im installing the new theme so I can see what it does and what it fixes. You said monday and here it is. What a star. Thank you!
Do you have any guides for the profile such as adding fields etc? I also need documentation on the registration procedure as nothing seems to work. User registers and is sent an email. By default this doesnt include a click-able link and your documentation does not say that this needs to be done.
I have now registered two users, only one was sent an email, but no link was included. Neither have been able to select a membership plan and neither have been able to view their profile. This is a pretty vital part of the theme. Without it, it is not a dating theme. Please help as we are completely stuck trying to get the theme to work as it should.
Hi, i will add screencasts about these new features as soon as possible.
1. Navigate to Appearance/Theme Options/Profiles. There’s an empty field by default, you can set it’s name, choose it’s type, if it’s select field then add comma separated options. Check “Searchable” option if you want this field to appear in the search form.
2. You can change registration email in Appearance/Theme Options/Registration tab, use username , password and link keywords to show them in the email text. I suggest installing SMTP plugin because emails without SMTP data may be filtered as spam http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/
Hello and thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, everything is still broken and the site is very very far from being usable.
1) Can you explain this a bit more please? We all need documentation for this so we know what it does and how it works. Please do not create another silent video where its all about guessing what you are doing, why and how.
2) Again, this was not contained in your documentation and so it failed. Why would we want to pay this much for a theme that we then need to reverse engineer to figure out how it works? Come on…
Thank you for the information. I was planning on using that plugin, so we can steam ahead with that as soon as the site is ready to go live.
3) No profiles display. Profile link (when logged in as a user) takes you to the front page.
I honestly expected more for $55 and I hope that you can show us that this theme is worth the price and that it does indeed work as we can not see anything working at the moment. Nor do we have weeks of time and a team of staff to back-engineer your theme and figure out how each item works.
Hi, if possible write me in PM or create new ticket at the support forum – it’s a bit hard to check support threads everywhere.
1. My english is not so good so i’m sorry for the silent screencasts, just follow the same steps to get the same result. Navigate to Appearance/Theme Options/Profiles and click “plus” button near the first empty profile field, you will see that new field is added. Set it’s name, type (for example choose Select if you need some dropdown list) and it will appear on the user profile page.
2. Haven’t you found this option in Appearance/Theme Options/Registration tab? Just set any registration email you want, to replace the default one. Then install this plugin http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/ it is not required but it’s really good because if you set SMTP details of your host (check your host panel, there should be your domain email credentials) emails sent by your site will not be filtered as spam.
3. If possible send me temporary WPaccess in PM and i’ll check this issue.
Please don’t worry, there are no bugs (and i will help you anyway), i just thought that this is intuitive user interface.
Hello and thank you for your reply.
1) Sorry I still dont follow. I need to know all the options and what each of them means. This theme claims to be “well documented” and silent videos really doesnt fit it.
I know that we can just follow what you do in the video, but that just shows us how to do something, it fails completely to explain what it is, what it does and what ways there are to do it. You could have used default settings so that users wouldnt have to do it all manually.
Can you please provide proper documentation that explains the theme. We really can not use silent videos as they do not explain anything and dont allow us to understand anything.
2) Yes, but as the documentation is so poor, I had to diagnose it to find out how it worked and then apply the settings I wanted. I shouldnt need to back-engineer a theme that claims to be “well documented”.
If the link is needed in this email, then why on earth is it not in there by default? I left it as default as I assumed you would have added what was needed. Again, this is an issue with the documentation.
3) check your email, I will send it in a few moments.
4) when a user registers no payment options are presented. I assume this is due to settings etc. Please provide documentation.
This is a brand new site and I have setup thousands of themes, so there shouldnt be any issues. I think the main issue is the poor documentation. Its not just about adding the settings, we users need to understand them so we know what they do etc otherwise it will be almost impossible to troubleshoot any issues. The four issues above being a prime example.
Hi, just replied via email, profile redirect issue was caused by some of the plugins, try disabling them one by one and check what plugin causes this issue.
I am looking forward to the next version, and will be purchasing.
I would really like to see a “Send Wink,” would be more useful than fake “Gifts.”
Very good job though!
Hi, thanks! It will be released tomorrow, i’ll consider adding the winks feature to this theme.
Or how about a way to send a notice to both members who mutually “favorite” each other?
Hi, currently there’re only virtual gifts to allow users showing some attention to each other, favorites list is just a tool for bookmarking profiles.
Ok, I just think the virtual gifts are kind of useless, especially with adults.
A way to send a “wink” or “flirt” would be nice. Or perhaps I can just customize the current gifts, change the image and title to them and make it a “wink” smiley, “kiss” smiley, etc?
Sure, you can rename gifts to winks and add any images, so there will be Winks widget on each profile page.
Is it possible, with a slight modification to show how many of a specific “gift” someones received rather than who it was from? Or just make it so that your “gifts” are only visible to you and not anyone can see them?
It’s possible, there’re privacy settings where you can set who sees your favorites, photos and gifts.
I seen you said gift and email notifications are planned for the next release… do you have a time-frame for that? That is also very important to have, so I’ll be waiting til then to purchase.
Hi, i will update it as soon as possible – in 2-3 days.
Pre-sales question. I want to see what the “Take Course” function does so I can understand what a user see’s when they take one of your example courses.
This requires login which I have tried with your demo account but this doesn’t seem to work.
I click login, it re-directs me to the homepage, I try to take course but it doesn’t recognise the fact I am logged in on your demo account.
Could you help?
Hi, what theme do you mean, Academy? Try to login with demo/demo credentials (they are typed already), just click Login. Then try taking some course, if you take some premium course you will be redirected to the checkout page, i suggest taking some of the free courses so you will see the lessons and other things that are available after taking the course, for example this course http://themextemplates.com/demo/academy/course/home-fitness-training
Hey, how do i get my chat to work. And thanx for the update. I love it already.
Hi, do you get some issues with the chat? It should work by default, you can hide it in Appearance/Theme Options/Privacy tab.
Its not working at all. Yeah, i have hidden it for the time being. I also managed to fix the captcha issue i had before. The problem was with my host. Now, if sm1 sends a message, one has to refresh the page to get the notification. Is it possible to add a notification system like that on facebook?
Try to open some chat, login each user in different browser and check if chat messages are being sent, just checked it on my test site and everything seems to work. There’re live notifications, request is sent each 60 second, surf the site for a while and you will get notification.
I hope the next version is buddypress ready. Or is there another way to add groups? If it is, I may buy it.
Hi, currently i’m not planning integration with BuddyPress.
This might be a stretch, but is there any way for visitors to add video and/or audio as a profile field?
Hi, do you mean embedding videos to the profile page? Currently there’re only text/select/number fields available but i’ll consider adding self-hosted video player.
yeah..self hosted videos/audio would be great, but even a way to embed youtube/vimeo vids would be good.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $23.50
Deliver better projects faster. Photos, templates & courses
Unlimited downloads. Only $29/month
Learn almost anything with
Envato Tuts+ for free
25,000+ tutorials and 1,000+ courses
Designers matched perfectly to
you on Envato Studio
2000 artists ready to undertake your work