This author's response time can be up to 1 business day.
The responsive menu icon only shows up when the iPad is portrait mode – in landscape it’s the non responsive – is there way to change this?
iPad landscape has the same resolution of desktop 1024×768px so there is no need to your mobile icon. Just use desktop version layout.
1. I have a Kenburn gallery set up as my homepage (ketanuva.com). When I go to the site, the gallery info flashes to the left and then disappears. I don’t want the gallery info to flash first. I would like to have it hidden by default and only appear when user clicks on Display gallery info. How can I accomplish this?
2. From Q1, is it possible to get rid of the Gallery info for Kenburn altogether? If so, how?
3. On the Kenburn images on my homepage, I want to add text/title (without adding the text on the image itself). How can I do that?
4. Because of the fullscreen images on homepage, the menu is hard to read sometimes. How can I add a border/ box etc. to make the menu more distinguishable?
1. I checked your site and gallery info is hidden by default already?
2. Open template-gallery-kenburns.php remove line 50 to 87
3. Sorry, it needs a custom modification. This type of customization is a bit more complex and is not covered under normal theme support.
If you’re interested in hiring a developer for building out this custom page template for you, we highly recommend to check out: Tweaky
4. It couldn’t be done using theme admin. However you can edit theme CSS file to change that
Did you know about Firebug a Firefox plugin?
The main CSS file is /css/screen.css
Sorry Also I can’t get the custom twitter widget to work – Keep saying Bad Authentication data.
Open /manual/index.html find “Using Twitter Widget”
could you please tell me how to “delete” the long description that appears when I post a link towards a photo on Facebook ? “Vous pouvez utiliser ces balises et attributs HTML : <?a href=”” title=””> <?abbr title=””> <?acronym title=””> <?b> <?blockquote cite=””> <?cite> <?code> <?del datetime=””> <?em> <?i> <?q cite=””> <?strike> <?strong>”
I went to Wordpress Dashboard > Media and selected the image. Then I entered its title and description but the problem persists (I sent you 2 screenshots to illustrate the problem)
thank you for your answer !
What is the proper way to update this theme? I do not want to lose all my settings in the “theme setting” panel that you created. I’ve literally changed something on everyone of those tabs.
If you didn’t edit any theme code.
Download from Themeforest > your account > downloads and replace all theme’s files and folders using FTP account with the new version.
All of your settings and contents remain the same.
I really like the demo version – is it possible to get this as a template and set up on mine domain useing my pictures, text etc.?
Yes sure. Demo content file is also included in theme package.
Theme documentation’s located in your downloaded file from Themeforest
Please follow the theme’s instructions in /manual/index.html it will help you get through all theme features.
Hi, love the theme!
I’d like to have the sample slider you have in the preview. Could you please tell me where to find it?
Contact me using my profile form mail please.
I bought your theme and I have issues with adding the google font shortcode to the text on my contact page. I tried to search an answer on all the comments but I didn’t find any that could help. I tried to enter the code via the texte view, adding a closing tag and some other ways to solve the mystery.My page is mmdmphoto.com. Could you help me please? Thank you!
The shortcode is still not working but I managed to change the font in CSS mode
Provide URL of page which has issue please.
Hi again Peerapong!
Is there a possibility to exclude some of the galleries from the gallery of galleries page? I want to separate my portfolio galleries from the ones my clients could use to view their sessions and create some kind of customer section with only the password-protected galleries.
Currently It doesn’t support that. I will consider to add it into the future if there are many requests from customers.
Is there a way of adjusting the spacing between photos on the masonry gallery? I mean how spaced are they between each other.
For example this page http://alejandromcb.com/environment/ make the spacing wider so it looks more like this: http://www.stocksy.com/AlejandroMCB (more separation between photos)
Also, any chance there is a way of updating the theme without losing the changes made to the code on a previous version?
Sorry, it needs a custom modification. This type of customization is a bit more complex and is not covered under normal theme support.
You can also use child theme for custom changes.
Purchased and love this theme. However on the home page I cannot get a background image behind the portfolio as per the demo.
I have set an image as 1600px x 450px but it is not visible
Help would be appreciated.
Did you add portfolio to homepage using content builder module?
Also provide URL of your site please.
How do I choose which galleries show up on the “Gallery of Galleries” page you describe in the setup instructions?
Love the theme – thanks!
OK thanks. Just curious… how many requests is “many requests”? I’ve seen a lot of other theme purchasers asking the same question as me. Thanks again for great theme!
Like me, many other purchaser of your template were asking – since months – for a filter or an exclude/hide function in the ”gallery of galleries” page.
Unfortunately until now you “just” wrote all the time “I will consider to add it into the future if there are many requests from customers”.
Now I would like to ask
- when the time has come (when is the future)?
- what are many requests (how many is many)?
Here are just a few of your customers who are asking for this feature:
Moose408, danielusz, majdi91, conormcglone, smartnetmedia, oppositeimages, Alindgren, JayGoldz, MMDM, exstyle, DomenicoCifaldi, ulablocksage, discobonzi, conormcglone, mike4zen, tusharmahule, foonji, barrettsbuzzin, MDInterim, conormcglone, Sparky2711, mike4zen, yaun, ...
Please do not misunderstand me, but this is a very important feature for a photography template and we need it!
But until now we (your customer/purchaser) are asking and waiting for this necessary feature …
It would be very nice, if you could implement this function in the NEAR future (next weeks maybe).
PS: Keep up the good work …
My website is up and running with your Mercury theme, and everything is working fine so far.
However, when I upload an image there are 17 copies made of the image in various sizes (ie I upload fred.jpg, it creates fred-100×100.jpg, fred-109×109.jpg, fred150×150.jpg ..) so I am rapidly running up against my hosting disk space limit.
Is the creation of all these copies of images a feature of the theme or of Wordpress.
Both Wordpress and theme in order to use the right image size on each page templates.
I want to create two different Portfolios in the menu principal, every one with his sidebar, but i can´t do it, is imposible. In the template I´ have put “portfolio with Sidebar” but nothing, appears without sidebar.
Another thing, I tried in Content Builder put Portfolio and select one “set”, but appears all the sets of the portfolio.
Please i need help.
my email es : firstname.lastname@example.org
thanks for all.
1. When you create a page. Did you select sidebar for it?
2. Provide URL of page which has issue please.
First of all I want to thank you your quick reply. I love Mercury as a theme, it would be a pity if it didn’t work for me, but right now it doesn’t work quite well. I have some issues:
- Whenever I try to create a Portfolio with a sidebar in the page attribute menu, the sidebar won’t show up.
- I’ve tried to create two different Sets in the portfolio for a new page, but whenever I select only one of them in the Content Builder, the two of them show up. I don’t understand why.
- Another question I have is: does the portfolio have a pagination tool? Because I have so many photos to include and I won’t like it to have 100 per page.
I don’t have the Mercury theme active just yet, I’d like to resolve these points first, but if you want to I can send you the access details for my wordpress in a private message so you can check what I’m talking about, It’s fine by me, I trust you as a designer.
Thanks a lot for your help.
Could you send your Wordpress account and FTP detail please. I will have a look.
ok, send me your email and I send you all, and thanks for your implication.
Send it using my profile form mail please.
Is already sent.
I like the theme very much but how do i get the fullwidth layerslider as in the example? At this moment i always have a ‘gap’ between 2 image sliders.
I saw someone else asking for the demoslider, maybe that could be the solution for me too.
Could you contact me using my profile form mail please. I will sent sample slider to you.
My problem is solved, something stupid but it went clear when I saw your samples! Thanks for the fast reply!
I bought themeforest Mercury (6207813) yesterday and there no way to install it
I have the message
Installation de l’extension à partir du fichier : themeforest-6207813-mercury-responsive-portfolio-photography-theme.zip
Décompression de l’archive de l’extension…
Installation de l’extension…
L’archive n’a pas pu être installée. Aucune extension valide trouvée.
L’installation de l’extension a échoué.
Retourner sur la page des extensions
- installation of the theme
- could not be installed : no archive found
- install fails
- return to extension page.
I have a WordPress 3.8.1
I think you theme file is broken. please Download from Themeforest > your account > downloads again.
Also please see http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/269/0/my-wordpress-theme-isnt-working-what-should-i-do
Hi Thanks for the answers.
Actually, it changes anything :
i signed off then in.
I downloaded again the two versions
- all files (12 Mo)
- only WP installable (1,5 Mo)
Both give the same way : do not work.
Second way with the link you gave :
you said :
1/ download the file … : wich file are you talking about ? The one that is 1,5 Mo or the other which is 12 Mo
3/ ... final folder : what is it a “final folder” ?
at which address, you send me an email from a no reply address…
Hi, I recently purchased the Mercury theme, and would like to build my home page pretty much like the one on the demo site. Is this created with a blog page, custom code and development, or can I create it with the theme options provided? If so, is it possible to get a written explanation like the manual provides for creating other pages on the theme? Thanks
Thank you for purchasing. You can do both custom code or using theme content builder.
Thanks, is it possible to get a video showing you create the demo home page, like you’ve provided for creating galleries/ portfolios etc in the manual?? I need step by step instruction. Thanks
1. How can I get rid of the gallery info that first flashes to the left and then disappears on an opening gallery. I don’t want the gallery info to flash first. I would like to have it hidden by default and only appear when user clicks on Display gallery info. How can I accomplish this?
2. How can I get rid of the date on the Display Gallery Info.
3. How can I create a full width image that scales as an opening page, like the demo site shows. I’ve tried every gallery page, blog page options etc. and cannot figure it out.
Is there a way I can change the thumbnail crop on the Galllery of Gallery Pages so my images are not arbitrarily cropped. I have Post Thumbnail Editor plugin installed, but cannot seem to modify anything on that page with this, only the featured image thumbnail for the page
A have a couple of questions: http://poppletonbakery.com/test/
1. How can I stop this template from automatically trying to load a mobile version? I can view it on a mobile/tablet device ONLY if I click to view desktop view?
2. When I try adding multiple galleries to my Home page I can only view the first gallery?
3. How do I disable the first Menu category from having a link. I ONLY what the submenus to link up? For ex: I click on MENU and it takes me to a page. I want people to hoover over MENU then only be able to click on the menu items in the dropdown box.
I replied your questions to your email.
I am having the same problem as kunststoffat was…search function is not working at all. I can’t figure out if it is supposed to be indexing the titles, descriptions, filenames? Doesn’t work.
Search is general Wordpress function so it doesn’t then it might be issue with your Wordpress installation.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $13.50
Power Elite Author
Deliver better projects faster. Photos, templates & courses
Unlimited downloads. Only $29/month
Learn almost anything with
Envato Tuts+ for free
25,000+ tutorials and 1,000+ courses
Designers matched perfectly to
you on Envato Studio
2000 artists ready to undertake your work