Newspaper is a WordPress theme that lets you write articles and blog posts with ease. We offer great support and friendly help!
Create a great news website with our newspaper template. This bestseller theme is perfect for blogging and excellent for a news, newspaper, magazine, publishing or review site. It supports videos from YouTube. AMP and mobile ready. GDPR compliant, the theme is fast, simple, and easy to use for a cryptocurrency, fashion, food, lifestyle, modern, personal, travel, luxury, viral, minimal, minimalist projects and more.
Integrated with Instagram, bbPress Forum, BuddyPress and WooCommerce, it uses the best clean SEO practices. Newspaper supports responsive Google Ads and AdSense.
The full list of features:
- Homepage – We have a lot of homepages in the main menu of the demo
- Search – unique SEO optimized search template
- Blog index
- Author – post count, comments count and author widget
- Category – breadcrumbs, subcategories and category description.
- Tag – easy tagcloud navigation via widget
- 404 template – with latest posts
- Archives page
- All the blocks – please select your block from the top. You can mix and match them. All of the content blocks support ajax pagination and subcategories (including slides)
- Live search with Ajax and up down keys
- One click demo install – NO MORE .XML files, with just one click you have the demo data installed
- WPML support
- Woocommerce support
- Custom bbpress styling + custom login system – you can now build a community with ease.
- Custom auto scaling content blocks – a block changes its structure to work perfectly (in sidebar, full width or pages with sidebar)
- Responsive Google AdSense support via our custom admin panel – the script loads a different google adsense spot for each screen size. Once it’s loaded it doesn’t modify it in order to be 100% compliant with Google adSense TOS.
- Responsive ads support – for ad networks that allow multiple ad spots on the same div or if you want to show your own ads on different devices. This option will change the ad spot on the fly, for example when a tablet is changed from landscape to portrait. (the header banner from the demo site is using this system)
- Inline Google AdSense or other ads after a predefined number of paragraphs
- Auto YouTube, Dailymotion and Vimeo thumb downloader – just paste a YouTube url and the site will automatically download the largest image available from the clip and it will set it as a featured image. Very easy to add videos to articles.
- Built in review system (stars, percents, points)
- SEO: Schema with rich snippet microdata for articles and reviews
- Built in translation support from our admin panel. No more .po .mo files, you just get a form with all the strings from the theme and the corresponding translations.
- Google fonts – change the fonts easily from the Theme panel
- Sticky navigation menu – with option to enable, disable or enable only on big screens (not on phones)
- Each category has:
- 8 category templates styles
- 12 category top posts styles – each with 7 unique grid styles
- 19 custom module style (loop style)
- custom colors
- custom background image
- custom sidebar + position(left, full, right)
- Unlimited sidebars – each post, page, category can have its own sidebar. Also, all the author, search, tag, blog index templates have custom sidebars
- Built in related posts based on tags, author or category
- Easy Google Analytics support (just paste the code in our admin)
- 14 footer layouts
- Custom pagebuilder elements
- Custom widgets
- Popular category widget – show the most popular category
- Author box widget – show authors sorted by number of posts, or by name
- Social counter widget – a social counter that shows numbers of likes, followers or subscribers
- Ad box – allows you to select an ad zone (you define the responsive ad zones in our panel)
- 25 Blocks
- Instagram widget
- Weather widget
- Exchange widget
- Text with title
We personally respond to all the request that we receive and we are trying to help everyone.
Please visit our support forum.
Thanks for your interest in our theme!
Marius, Alin, Nicu, Radu, Emil, Alina S., Alina G., Lucian, Bogdan, Catalin, Cristi, John, Simion, Alexandra, Calin and Vlad from tagDiv
For the latest update news please follow our blog on http://tagDiv.com/blog
Version 9.8 – July 30th, 2019
- new: 12 New one-click installable PRO Demos created with the tagDiv Cloud Library: Life News, Video News, Influencer, La mode, Animals Magazine, Art Magazine, L’histoire, Travel Memories, Fitness Blog, Tech News, Podcasts and Romania News. More than a full-website design, the Pro Demo are the perfect combination of lightweight architecture, enhanced performance, and stunning flexibility. You can modify all the templates like the single post, author page, category, and so on, using the frontend drag and drop functionality. Update you theme and enjoy the new demos for free:
- new: Life News – PRO Demo
- new: Video News – PRO Demo
- new: Influencer – PRO Demo
- new: La mode – PRO Demo
- new: Animals Magazine – PRO Demo
- new: Art Magazine – PRO Demo
- new: L’histoire – PRO Demo
- new: Travel Memories – PRO Demo
- new: Fitness Blog – PRO Demo
- new: Tech News – PRO Demo
- new: Podcast – PRO Demo
- new: Romania News – PRO Demo
- misc: Font and color options added for the Social Counter shortcode;
- misc: We updated the WPBakery Page Builder plugin to the latest version;
- misc: We updated the Revolution Slider plugin to the latest version;
- fix: Template files from the root can be overwritten using the Child Theme;
- fix: Ajax Search loading on the theme’s responsive version when the Mobile Theme plugin is set to load just for AMP.
Version 9.7.4 – July 17th, 2019
- new: New options added for Mobile Theme. Now you have additional settings to customize the Grids, the Latest Articles, and the Theme Fonts. This is an important enhancement as now you can add more style to the way your website is displayed on mobile devices;
- new: Option to Enable/Disable the Mobile Theme for individual posts and pages. Now you have the power to control which post or page is shown to your mobile visitors;
- new: Audio Post support;
- new: Added the Fixed Position option on the Single Background Featured Image element;
- new: Megamenu option – Easily order your subcategories by Name or ID;
- misc: Improved Child Theme support;
- misc: The Block Title Tag option was added on the Flex Block elements;
- misc: Header Live Search – We’ve added more options to customize it;
- misc: The Video Playlists Shortcodes are now updated to give your visitors a better experience;
- misc: Added the option to disable H1 on logo for the Header Logo element;
- misc: Better search;
- misc: We updated the WPBakery Page Builder plugin to the latest version;
- misc: We updated the Revolution Slider plugin to the latest version;
- fix: vc_column_text and td_block_text_with_title can now have self enclosed shortcodes;
- fix: Sign-in/join now appears in the Mobile Menu;
- fix: General Modal now applies properly;
- fix: The Canonical URL on Homepage Loop Template while using the Loop shortcode;
- fix: The appearance of the Header Login shortcode on mobile;
- fix: The Loop Pagination when used with the offset on the page;
- fix: Minor Category siblings fixes;
- fix: The Import/Export theme panel settings;
- fix: Logo Text;
- fix: Various CSS fixes.
Version 9.7.3 – May 28th, 2019
This update brings changes that adapt the Newspaper Theme files to comply with the new quality standards of the Envato Market for WordPress. Find all the info about what you need to know and do regarding this update in the dedicated article on our blog.
- misc: We updated the WPBakery Page Builder plugin to the latest version.
- fix: Single Image.
- fix: Sibling categories.
- fix: Various css fixes.
Version 9.7.2 – April 25th, 2019
- fix: Footer instagram id.
- fix: Warning on Buddypress templates.
- fix: Warning when accessing wp-admin page.
- fix: po/mo files are now loaded properly.
- fix: AMP works properly when using child theme.
- fix: XSS Security issue.
Version 9.7.1 – April 19th, 2019
- fix: Social share on default Single template.
- fix: Related Posts on default Single template.
- fix: Click issue on multi-purpose buttons.
- fix: Fonts for multi-purpose elements.
- fix: Mobile Theme plugin update in Welcome Theme plugins setup.
Version 9.7 – April 17th, 2019
!IMPORTANT UPDATE NOTICE
Newspaper Theme is now compliant with the Envato current WordPress Standards – WordPress Requirements. This update is different as it makes changes to the theme’ code structure. It doesn’t influence the functionality and features.
However, the update interferes with the child theme customizations. If you’ve made changes only in the functions.php and style.css files, your modifications are safe. In case you’ve altered other files, before updating your theme, please create a test environment and check out the changes there, not on your live website.
Find all the details you need to know and do regarding this update in the dedicated article on our blog.
- new: Added New tracking functions for Google Analytics and Facebook on the Submit button in the Newsletter plugin.
- new: Sticky Column options now also work for the Inner Columns.
- fix: Logo structure for W3 Markup Validation.
- fix: Other various style fixes.
Version 9.6.1 – March 19th, 2019
- improvement: New options added to the Mobile theme for more flexibility. You can now choose the way you display content on small screen devices using Mobile theme and AMP.
Version 9.6 – March 6th, 2019
Notice: The tagDiv AMP plugin was discontinued as we are introducing an easier, more elegant way to display your content on mobile devices using the official AMP plugin and the Mobile theme. When updating your theme to Newspaper version 9.6, tagDiv AMP plugin will be automatically disabled. Read More
- new: Introducing the Mobile theme with AMP Support. We’ve redesigned the Mobile Theme plugin to integrate seamlessly with the official AMP plugin for WordPress.Together, they come as a neat solution to quickly give you the best results. Increase your page loading speed on mobile up to five times faster.
- new: We’ve added Single Post Modified Date shortcode.
- new: Added Modified Date Option on blocks and modules.
- new: Added Modified Date Sort Order (filter).
- new: Introducing Unlimited Ads for your website. Place your ad code directly in the Ad Box shortcode; there’s no need to use an existing spot area. We’ve also added image ad support to give you unlimited possibilities to monetize your website.
- new: Added the Page Scroll with Percent Option for the Infinite Load on Post feature. Give your users the opportunity to enjoy more of your content with a new smooth experience.
- new: Added the New Block Header 18
- new: Added Icons for the Header Logo shortcode
- misc: New options to style the pagination on blocks
- misc: We updated the Revolution Slider plugin to the latest version
- fix: Page mega-menu
- fix: H tag issue on the multipurpose elements
- fix: You can use a header template from a demo, and also load the header template you like from the tagDiv Cloud Library
- fix: Load on the font Header templates
- fix: Various CSS fixes
Version 9.5 – February 6th, 2019
- new: 3 New installable demos created with the tagDiv Cloud Library: Nomad, Racing, and Home Decor Demo. You can modify all the templates using the frontend drag and drop functionality:
- new: Fully customizable Racing Demo
- new: Fully customizable Home Decor Demo
- new: Fully customizable Nomad
- new: Introducing the Header Builder. Now you have the power to create completely different headers for various pages, sticky headers on desktop and mobile, but also special headers for small screen devices.
- new: The Header Manager. This feature allows you to have a different header on templates (think of it as your Headers Assign System :p)
- new: 35+ Header Templates. Fully editable, the header templates are easy to import and modify to fit your website perfectly. Almost all of them come with editable logos.
- new: 10 New header shortcodes – Drag and drop them into a new header and customize them with tagDiv Composer.
- new: Auto Loading feature for articles – When visitors reach the end of the post, another article is loaded. You can easily choose which one is displayed next.
- new: We’ve added a beautiful set of icons in Newspaper Theme font. They are very useful for crafting your logos.
- new: Shadow Controller for tagDiv Composer.
- misc: We’ve added 2 beautiful Styles for the multipurpose ‘Button’ Element.
- misc: Full compatibility with Gutenberg blocks.
- fix: Social share buttons.
- fix: Page settings in Gutenberg editor.
- fix: Flex blocks.
- fix: Display mobile grid (on Mobile Theme) only if ‘Featured’ category exists.
- fix: Some fixes for demos install.
Version 9.2.2 – December 17th, 2018
- fix: thumbs appear properly for related articles using tagDiv AMP plugin.
- fix: XSS Security issue.
Version 9.2.1 – December 12th, 2018
- new: option to hide row on pagination, useful for Posts Loop shortcodes.
- fix: LazyLoad on slow network connections. Please clear all your caches, including browser cache.
- fix: better support for WordPress 5.0.
- fix: various css fixes for flex blocks.
- fix: encoding issue when importing a section/template.
Version 9.2 – December 6th, 2018
- new: Food Blog demo
- new: Lazy Load Effect – now images are loaded only when they are in the viewport
- new: 60 new Pre-Designed Templates in tagDiv Cloud Library
- new: Analytics Events and Facebook pixel events support for multipurpose blocks that use buttons. You can easily configure an event on any button that will be tracked
- new: Fixed count option in the Social Counter plugin
- new: Categories/Tags list and Search Form shortcodes
- misc: Full compatibility with Guttenberg and WordPress 5. We tested the theme with WordPress 5.0 Release Candidate to make sure that any problems are fixed on time for the next WordPress version.
- misc: We updated the WPBakery Page Builder plugin to the latest version
- misc: Exclude post or pages IDs for Loop shortcode. Useful when you want to exclude specific posts or pages on any template, for example to hide a page on the search template.
- fix: Inline ad
- fix: Category individual template now work as expected
- fix: Removed the open box animation in theme panel
- fix: Smartlist end h tags
- fix: Render shortcode on Column Text
- fix: Various CSS fixes
Version 9.1 – October 15th, 2018
- new: 7 New installable demos created with the tagDiv Cloud Library: Entertainment, Living Mag, Fast News, Gossip, Journal, Gaming, and Lifestyle Blog. You can modify all the templates like the single post, author page, category, and so on, using the frontend drag and drop functionality:
- new: Fully customizable Entertainment Demo;
- new: Fully customizable Living Mag Demo;
- new: Fully customizable Fast News Demo;
- new: Fully customizable Gossip Demo;
- new: Fully customizable Journal Demo;
- new: Fully customizable Gaming Demo;
- New: Fully customizable Lifestyle Blog.
- new: We’re introducing the intuitive Right-Click option in the tagDiv Composer page builder to bring you new features and a natural way to design your website:
- new: Copy and Paste options available from the Right-Click menu for elements, columns, and rows available; This functionality also works between pages, not only on the same page;
- new: Copy and Paste Style option. Now you can copy the customized style of an element and apply it to all the similar ones. The feature is available from the Right-Click menu for elements, columns, and rows. You can also use it between pages, not only on the same page;
- new: Reset Style option. Now you have the option to revert an element style to the default design settings. The feature is available from the Right-Click menu;
- new: Save as Element option. From the Right-Click menu, you can save elements and rows as predefined ones, and use them later from the ‘Add Element’ button in the tagDiv Composer
- new: Delete option. Now it’s easy to remove the unwanted items from your page, straight from the Right-Click menu;
- new: Duplicate option – available from the Right-Click menu
- new: Clear option available from the right-click menu. Now you can quickly remove all the elements from a column or row.
- new: 10 beautiful Big Grid Flex elements
- new: Style Presets for Big Grids Flex and Category Grids
- new: option to choose the H tag format for the Title element
- new: option to Duplicate a Cloud template
- new: “Used on” Column in Cloud Templates section. Now you can easily see which template is assigned and used on your website.
- new: Post Loop 2 element: Use this new element to display posts loop using other designs
- new: option to quickly change the Page or Template Name directly from the tagDiv Composer page builder editor
- new: Recent Comments element with new Extra Style settings
- new: the list of Used Colors for pickers is now available in tagDiv Composer in the Recent Colors section
- new: the list of Used Fonts is available in the tagDiv Composer under the Load Font Settings menu
- new: We’ve tested and updated the WPBakery Page Builder plugin to the latest version
- misc: new alert message box in tagDiv Composer
- misc: settings updated for the Single Review Overall and Summary Post elements
- misc: the List Menu element: added a new font option for the header title section
- misc: Flex block 1: added color option for the review stars
- misc: new options for Slide element. Now you can choose a specific height responsive
- misc: update for tagDiv Newsletter plugin: added MailChimp GDPR checkboxes
- misc: update for tagDiv Cloud Library plugin: new enumeration system for duplicated templates and other UX improvements
- fix: the tagDiv Composer panel’s appearance when the scroll is hidden in your browser
- fix: style for comment edit link
- fix: Column Text encoding issues
- fix: bug when deleting an assigned Single Cloud template
- fix: Single Post review – the Google Structured Data error
- fix: Flex Grids blocks – the horizontal align
- fix: smartlist missing paragraph
- fix: minor fixes for the tagDiv Newsletter plugin for the MailerLite
- fix: various fixes for the WooCommerce CSS
- fix: the Comments form issues
- fix: the Category Grids and Flex Grids blocks – the title hover color
- fix: Facebook ‘Like’ button issue on the Mobile Theme plugin
- fix: other minor fixes
Version 9.0.1 – August 10th, 2018
- fix: block with title, column text and raw html elements crashed on specific circumstances
Version 9.0 – August 9th, 2018
- new: tagDiv Composer now supports undo and redo actions.
- new: Classy demo. The first demo that is fully customizable with the drag and drop functionality. All the templates (like the author, category, single post, etc.) can be modified with tagDiv Composer.
- new: tagDiv image style: center full width – available in the image details panel while editing a post. This option centers the image and leaves it full width. This image style is very useful and enables creative designs with full images when the article has no sidebars.
- new: flex block 3, 4, and 5. The new flex block elements enable unique layouts with a lot of flexibility.
- new: option to hide the caption on featured images that are used on custom single templates.
- new: reviews are now fully supported on custom single templates.
- new: ajax pagination (load more, next prev, and autoloading) on the loop shortcode. This shortcode is used to create the archive templates, category templates, author templates, and others using the Cloud Library
- new: now you can load and select custom templates from the Cloud Library and customize them with tagDiv Composer: 404, archive, attachments, search and tag templates. Each author and category page can have a custom template.
- new: Pinterest on the Social Counter plugin
- new: 140+ customizable sections
- new: 39+ contact and about pages
- new: 15+ category templates
- new: 24 editable footers
- misc: the breadcrumbs now support custom links so you can easily override the ones provided by WordPress on custom templates like the author, single page, categories, and many more.
- misc: the breadcrumbs on custom templates now produce JSON-LD for SEO.
- misc: the local templates on tagDiv Cloud Library now can be filtered by type (single, category, author, etc.).
- misc: two new custom fonts spots. Now the theme can load up to 5 custom fonts.
- fix: the column text and block with title text is now encoded, so this should prevent problems when the page is manually edited.
- fix: various multi-purpose elements like recent comments and text with image.
- fix: live CSS button was not working on the Firefox browser.
- fix: various permissions checks in tagDiv Composer for the editors and authors. Now an editor can use the plugin but cannot change the header of the site or other sitewide settings.
- fix: WPBakery Page Builder 5.5+ interferes with tagDiv Composer functionality.
- fix: border-radius setting on buttons.
- fix: icon box description font was not working as expected.
- fix: CSS issues when speed booster is active.
- fix: while editing a custom single template, the comments now look just as they display on the front end
- fix: tagDiv Amp plugin now sanitizes the footer text as expected.
- fix: smart list 6 CSS fixes.
- fix: when using custom templates from tagDiv Cloud Library, the theme now displays the “no posts text” as expected.
- fix: offset support on loops that are used in custom templates now works as expected.
- fix: weather widget now allows a city id.
- fix: various fixes to the footer page.
- fix: various Firefox specific fixes regarding the shadow.
- fix: WPML support on author templates.
Version 8.8.2 – June 28th, 2018
- new: added support for multiple sticky sidebars. The setting is available when you select a column in the tagDiv Composer page builder
- new: custom URL option for RSS in tagDiv Social Counter plugin
- misc: better UI while customizing the flex block elements
- misc: tagDiv Cloud Library now loads faster as we’ve improved the servers speed and the way it loads data
- misc: on every theme update, if any of our plugins are not compatible with the new version, there will be displayed a warning message
- misc: the playlist shortcode now allows you to add custom classes
- misc: flex blocks now support author photos
- misc: support for footer shortcuts in the AMP theme version
- fix: row divider background color
- fix: the footer site link color now takes the global site color
- fix: block 5 title font was not working correctly and it was fixed to perform well
- fix: WPML flag in post content
- fix: the conflict between tagDiv Cloud Library and Jetpack plugin. Our Vue router was loaded on “wp-admin,” and it was conflicting with the Jetpack’s React router
- fix: templates loaded from tagDiv Cloud Library for author, search, 404, etc. were loaded on the mobile theme
- fix: if the footer is disabled, from now on, it will be hidden on the AMP theme version too
- fix: various typos in the Theme Options panel
- fix: Pinterest block API issues. It also has better error messages
- fix: Slider 2 element problems
- misc: better error messages when tagDiv Composer encounters a problem
Version 8.8.1 – June 9th, 2018
- fix: page settings removed from tagDiv Cloud templates
- fix: tagDiv Social counter issue while editing with tagDiv Composer
- fix: display errors on the theme Welcome page
- fix: general issues with tagDiv Cloud Library
Version 8.8 – June 5th, 2018
- new: We are introducing the tagDiv Cloud Library plugin with over 140 pre-made sections, page templates, and dynamic layouts. Read More
- new: This version brings you a brand new template building system that lets you create dynamic templates with tagDiv Composer and use them on author pages, single, category, etc.
- new: Over 50 new blocks that pull data on the dynamic templates. For example, a single dynamic template made with drag and drop can display all your posts.
- new: update button for included plugins. The theme automatically keeps the tagDiv Composer and the Social Counter plugin up to date. If you want to do it manually, now you have a dedicated button.
- misc: when the mb_string extension is missing, the theme now displays a warning instead of a white screen.
- misc: added checks in the status panel for mod_substitute, gd library and other required extensions.
Version 8.7.5 – May 23rd, 2018
- new: we added support for the private policy WordPress page on the login/register modal window.
- new: setting to disable google fonts in theme panel – fonts – google fonts settings. You can load local font files and use them instead of external fonts.
- misc: the tagDiv Multi-Purpose plugin is included in the tagDiv Composer plugin. There is no need to install the Multi-Purpose plugin now, as all the functionality was moved in tagDiv Composer.
- misc: the plugin update system was completely rewritten from scratch. It tries to update the plugin using multiple ways and if it fails, it will show an admin notice with information about what plugin failed and why.
- misc: all plugins now have a built date on them besides the version.
- misc: the theme is GDPR compliant now.
- new: shortcuts to use in the footer text – date, sitelink, privacy_policy and more. The list of shortcuts is available in the theme panel next to the setting.
Version 8.7.4 – May 4th, 2018
- fix: flickering problem on the latest version of chrome
- fix: facebook social counter now only requieres the profile page and no api key. This provides a simpler setup
- fix: art creek and sound radar demos
- fix: wrong urls in wp-admin that pointed to the documentation
- fix: header 8 when used with the boxed setting
- fix: Text Block with Title remove default text from frontend
- fix: various fixes to flex block 1
- misc: added text logo and tagline to font settings
- fix: block 24 thumb on mobile
- fix: mobile theme path problems on some hosts/servers
- fix: removed author vcard when author box is disabled
- misc: category description allows paragraphs
- misc: html5 shim for older ie is now loaded from cloudflare
Version 8.7.3 – April 18th, 2018
- new: font settins can now be saved as a preset and apply on all the blocks from tagDiv Composer easly
- fix: pinteres board url
- fix: facebook videos support now works again
- fix: we updated to the latest instagram api, this should fix all the problems
- fix: updated multipurpose plugin with fixes for: boarders, image settings, newsletter and font settings
- fix: Big grid slider with no posts
- fix: Various css fixes
- fix: header ad when block template 17 is used
- fix: gallery slider now works in pages as expected
- fix: background click ad on template 8
- fix: amp points and percents are working as expected now
- fix: css fixes for trending now block
Version 8.7.2 – February 27th, 2018
- improvement: improved tagDiv composer selection mask. New colors and better ui, now the controls are outside of the selection mask, this allows better selection for small items.
- improvement: wp-admin performance issue. We optimized the composer to load only what’s needed and where is needed. Wp-admin speed should greatly improve.
- improvement: huge speed improvemnts in tagDiv composer editor. We did a full memory consumption audit for tagDiv Composer and we fixed a few memory leaks.
- improvement: we removed unneded confirmations from tagDiv composer. For example when the content of the page was not changed and a user wanted to close the composer.
- improvement: when closing tagDiv Composer you will be redirected to the previeous page instead of the default edit page. We found that this provides a better user experience
- improvement: tagDiv composer now has a new color picker script that is a lot faster then the old one. The same color picker is used on the widgets.
- improvement: we added a couple of new social icons that are available on the top bar and footer of the site
Version 8.7 – February 14th, 2018
- new: tagDiv AMP plugin – tagDiv’s solution for implementing Google AMP in WordPress
- new: tagDiv Newsletter plugin – newsletter form beautifully designed with over 8 styles
- new: tagDiv Multi-purposer version 2
- new: 8 new installable demos
- new: Crypto News installable demo – view demo
- new: Nature love installable demo – view demo
- new: Raw & Wild installable demo – view demo
- new: Ink Parlor installable demo – view demo
- new: City News installable demo – view demo
- new: Wine Aroma installable demo – view demo
- new: News Week installable demo – view demo
- new: Coffee Blog installable demo – view demo
- new: responsive options for shortcodes in tagDiv Multi-purpose plugin
- new: responsive font options for shortcodes in tagDiv Multi-purpose plugin
- new: responsive options for theme shortcodes
- new: responsive font options for theme shortcodes
- new: content length option for blocks and big grids
- new: 1 new content block – flex block
- fix: allow underscore and space to the sidebar name
- fix: php 7.2 compatibility
- fix: save row and inner-row option in tagDiv Composer
- fix: caption alignment in WordPress 4.9
Version 8.6 – January 4th, 2018
- new: social sharing networks, the theme now supports Linkedin, Tumblr, Email sharing, Telegram, Digg, Reddit, StumbleUpon, VK, LINE and Viber
- new: ability to reorder the social icons with drag and drop from the theme panel
- new: 20 social icons styles for social sharing
- new: if the icons do not fit on screen the theme will automatically hide them
- fix: google maps embedded in Raw HTML composer element
- fix: better printing style for posts
- fix: CSS adjustments for block 16 on mobile
Version 8.5.1 – December 6th, 2017
- fix: the new update broke the child theme support and it’s now fixed
- fix: color picker on widgets
- fix: next/prev on post templates
- fix: the live CSS was injected before some of the panel CSS and it didn’t overwrite it without using !important
- fix: single image page builder element disappeared from the page when no image was present
- fix: category template 2 and 5 CSS issues
- fix: retro demo typos
- fix: search icon problems – also please try to hit save in the theme panel to regenerate the CSS cache of the theme
- fix: speed booster is now compatible with our multi-purpose plugin
- fix: icons used for templates in our page builder where missing
Version 8.5 – November 28, 2017
- new: tagDiv Multi-Purpose plugin with 21 content elements for tagDiv Composer
- new: empty page template for landing pages
- new: page template with overlay menu for landing pages
- new: 8 multi-purpose demos
- new: Law Firm multi-purpose installable demo – view demo
- new: Smart APP multi-purpose installable demo – view demo
- new: Dental Studio multi-purpose installable demo – view demo
- new: Spa Heaven multi-purpose installable demo – view demo
- new: Construction multi-purpose installable demo – view demo
- new: Showcase multi-purpose installable demo – view demo
- new: Technology multi-purpose installable demo – view demo
- new: Restro multi-purpose installable demo – view demo
- new: different width layout sizes – for wider websites
- new: video background with parallax
- new: image background with parallax
- new: option to save gradients as presets
- new: option to save sections (shortcodes, rows) as templates, to use them on other pages
- new: pre-made style presets shortcodes from demos
- new: full height row
- new: content vertical alignment in a row
- new: custom columns gap size
- new: multiple new layout columns options for rows/inner-rows
- new: responsive custom width columns size
- new: multiple responsive options (spacing, borders, shadows, overlay colors, backgrounds)
- new: 3 new header templates for the multi-purpose plugin
- new: Theme Panel option to enable social icons in Main Menu
- new: Theme Panel option to add a background image for header
- new: option to replace the footer with a page content (to build more complex footers using tagDiv Composer)
- new: 1 new sub-footer template for the multi-purpose plugin
- new: button shortcode
- new: call-to-action shortcode
- new: client shortcode
- new: column content shortcode
- new: column title shortcode
- new: fancy text with image shortcode
- new: food menu product shortcode
- new: hero shortcode
- new: icon shortcode
- new: icon box shortcode
- new: image info box shortcode
- new: inline single image shortcode
- new: inline text shortcode
- new: list shortcode
- new: numbered counter shortcode
- new: pricing table shortcode
- new: progress bar shortcode
- new: social icons shortcode
- new: team member shortcode
- new: testimonial shortcode
- new: text with image shortcode
- new: title over image shortcode
- new: gradient color picker
- new: responsive width option for rows, columns, shortcodes
- new: responsive horizontal alignment for rows, columns, shortcodes
- new: responsive z-index option for rows, columns, shortcodes
- new: responsive display option for rows, columns, shortcodes
- new: Theme Panel options for multi-purpose plugin
- new: Theme Panel option to add buttons in main menu
- new: Theme Panel option to add extra information on the top menu or sub-footer like phone number or email address
- new: Theme Panel option to make a bordered website like in this demo
- new: 5 new styles for active/hover menu items for Main Menu
- new: option to set a global style for buttons
- new: Main Menu sticky colors from the Theme Panel
- fix: mobile smart list 3 title fix
- fix: spacing issue when hide meta info on post template 12/13 and mx8 module
- fix: background color on Text with title block
- fix: no comments displayed on the BuddyPress template
Version 8.2 – November 17, 2017
- improvement: Updated WPBakery Page Builder to the latest version
- improvement: Compatibility with WordPress 4.9
- fix:Weather forecast
Version 8.1.2 – October 31, 2017
- fix: Weather Widget
Version 8.1.1 – October 18, 2017
- improvement: we updated the WPBakery Page Builder to the latest version
- improvement: Updated Revolution Slider to the latest version
- fix: XSS Security issue
Version 8.1 – August 2nd, 2017
- new: We updated the WPBakery Page Builder to the latest version. If you are still using this pagebuilder, please update it.
- new: Added custom style and support for WordPress 4.8 widgets
- misc: The theme now loads the BBpress style only when the plugin is active
- misc: The List menu block now works with submenues
- misc: Instagram IDs now work with or without @
- fix: Photography demo style fixes
- fix: Post gallery shadow on image popup
- fix: Art Creek demo transitions on module thumbs
- fix: Art Creek demo installer issues
- fix: tagDiv Gallery styling issues and thumbnails display
- fix: Lifestyle demo import issues
- fix: Fitness Blog import links
- fix: Column Text Block title
- fix: margin and padding on tagDiv Composer with a value of 0
- fix: Imagebox Block bugs
- fix: Gadgets and Sound Radar demos popup bug
- fix: Tech demo preview image
- fix: ImageBox Block now works with images that don’t have a destination URL
- fix: Adspots load wrong spotID in tagDiv Composer
- fix: Various typos in our theme panel
- fix: Small issue with the full width headers with logos
- fix: Big Grid Slider Block parameters
- fix: Wedding demo fonts issue
- fix: Business demo better text aligment
- fix: Various CSS and HTML structure fixes on different parts of the theme. We finely tuned all the demos to look and feel perfect.
Version 8.0 – May 24rd, 2017
- new: The first pagebuilder ever created for blogs, news and magazine websites is now ready to transform your website. In Newspaper 8 we’ve added tagDiv Composer to give you a lighter, faster and more efficient way to build your site: right on the frontend, easier than ever, seeing every change instantly. Watch the video
- new: Live frontend LESS and CSS editor. This allows you to quickly add CSS or LESS to any page of your site
- new: Lifestyle Magazine Demo
- new: Gadgets Demo
- new: Craft Ideas Demo
- new: Business Magazine Demo
- new: Book Club Demo
- new: Architecture Blog Demo
- new: Retro Wave Demo
- new: Fitness Blog Demo
- new: Voice Report Demo
- new: Art Creek Demo
- new: Sound Radar Demo
- new: Church Mag Demo
- new: Old Fashioned Demo
- new: Photo Folio Demo
- new: All of the post Grids now support full width
- misc: We revised all the block headers and we added multiple new options for them
- misc: We redesigned all the older demos and gave them a modern look, improving every aspect of the demos
- misc: Full PHP 7.1 support
- fix: Background ad click issues
- fix: Password field on mobile phones alignment issues
- fix: WooCommerce issues
More info about Newspaper
- Built for newspaper sites, article sites and review sites
- Custom colors, selectable for each category
- Fast loading newspaper section
- Responsive design
- Simple to use – basically all the newspaper sections are customizable from the admin. You can have different layouts for each newspaper category.
- Ideal for article sites, review sites, news, newspaper and more
Newspaper is fast
The theme is blazing fast. It’s really incredible how fast the pages built with Newspaper are loading! As you know, speed is very important when building a site so we’ve spent a huge amount of time optimizing this theme so that Newspaper loads extremely fast.
Long time support and development
We can easily send updates to ThemeForest each time we make an improvement so with each purchase you will fund the further development of the Newspaper theme.
Small number of external scripts
Good coding practice and naming conventions
All the html used is HTML 5 valid and it’s incredibly easy to work with.