I would like to share my first experience with this theme after a week of working on it. The theme itself seems pretty feature-rich and clearly a lot of work has been put to it.
+ Support replies fast enough which is nice.
+ Most colors are configurable by the backend which is very easy and useful. It has a nice way to input static blocks in a few areas in custom column sizes.
+ It runs at decent speeds
+ There are very nice modules integrated
+ There were very few bugs during installation that were answered immediately.Nothing major
- The megamenu has no wysiwyg option and is very hard to work with. You can add widgets but you can't edit them without manually editing their properties. So each time you have to delete and recreate them. You have to write plain HTML and that's a recipe for disaster for non-developers. Final customers won't be able to use it effectively even with the provided templates.
- There is a very nice module to handle GDPR compliance as far as cookies are concerned and also for forms. However it does not cover the right to access your data or the right to be forgotten. A 3rd party module is still required for this.
- A lot of image hover styles have serious bugs
- About demo importing. While the theme provides a quickstart there are two many layouts and store views that you'd have to clear up in order to use it. If you're starting with the clean version the demo import feature is not doing a good job of rendering a layout like in the demo. This means that basically you have to recreate a lot of stuff in order to get the view you desire by having the quickstart in another installation and copying settings. This is very time consuming and tedious and increases development time.
- As far as frontend development is concerned, grunt doesn't seem to work well with this theme so you'll be stuck with plain server-side-compilation or client-side.
Thank you for your effort put in this theme.