Easy Digital Downloads WordPress Theme for Digital Stores & Marketplaces
Olam is the ultimate theme to build an online store or marketplace using Easy Digital Downloads. With Olam, you can sell digital products like stock photos, plugins, software, audio files and more. With the help of detailed documentation and Unyson page builder it only takes a few minutes to start selling your digital goods online. Olam is feature rich and is made compatible with the most popular EDD extensions allowing you to build something more than just a store.
View documentation here – Olam Documentation
Things you can build with Olam EDD theme
Our Easy Digital Downloads theme can be used for a variety of purposes including, but not limited to, the following ;
- Sell audio files
- Sell video files
- Sell stock images
- Sell icons and fonts
- Sell software
- Build a ThemeForest like digital marketplace
- Build a marketplace to sell pre-packaged services – http://themes.layero.com/olamwp3/
- Allow single person bookings – http://themes.layero.com/olamwp4
Unique features of Olam marketplace theme
Olam is superior to other EDD themes in many aspects. It has tons of features that our competitors do not have, which include ;
- Unyson page builder
- Mega Menu
- 2 header layouts
- Dark theme version
- Three product listing styles that give each website you build a different look
- Option to hide price and download icons in product listing pages – useful when using the theme for EDD Bookings extension
- Option to change number of columns in product listing pages
- Option to add custom preview images for products in listing pages.
- Feature products in a list or a slider
- Display latest products as thumbnails on a slider, list or with custom preview images
- Custom built vendor store pages
- Multiple preview images
- Unyson rating system
- Sticky Header option
- Custom sidebar widgets
- Custom built product search
- Option to change preloader gif
- Added an option to add any class in ‘Unyson Section Shortcode’
- Video previews
- Audio previews
- Custom related downloads plugin to show related products in product pages without using any third party plugins
- Option to add alternate heading for pages, blog posts and downloads
- Option to hide page titles
- 100% responsive design
- Widget ready
- 20 shortcodes
- Theme options panel
- Custom colors
- Rating for each digital product
- Downloads/Shop page
- Digital product search functionality
- Font awesome icons
- Google Fonts
- Team members
- Woocommerce compatibility
OLAM IS COMPATIBLE WITH ALL POPULAR EDD EXTENSIONS
As Easy Digital Downloads is the first choice for anyone building a digital store using WordPress, they have built a number of extensions to integrate many useful additional features. We have tried and tested Olam with all important EDD extensions to make sure our buyers can integrate any of them with our theme without any glitches.
- EDD Frond End Submission – help make your website a marketplace
- Easy Digital Downloads Wishlists – allows users to add downloads to wishlists
- EDD Commissions – Allow a commission for vendors for each sale
- EDD Reviews – to rate and review products and authors
- EDD Points & Rewards – to reward customers for purchases
- EDD Social Login – allows users to signup with their social media accounts
- Easy Digital Downloads Recommended Products – Displays product recommendations on product pages and on checkout
- EDD Acquisition Surveys – to conduct quick surveys
- EDD Recurring Payments – to allow subscriptions/Monthly payments for a product
- EDD Bookings – To book appointments (Useful for lawyers, doctors etc )
- EDD Free Downloads – Easy checkout for free downloads
- Downloads As Services – When you offer a service instead of a downloadable product
- EDD External Products – Useful for affiliate marketers
- EDD Auto register – Automatically register buyers on checkout with their email id
- EDD Software Licensing – generate license keys and restrict the use of items
- EDD Content Restriction
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)How to create a marketplace with Olam?
By default Olam is a single vendor digital store. To make it a marketplace ie, allow other vendors to list their products you need to install EDD Front End Submission extension. You can see more details of the EDD FES extension here. Once you install that extension and complete the basic setups your website becomes a marketplace, just like that!I don’t want other vendors, can I use Olam to build a single vendor store?
Definitely, Olam comes as a single vendor theme, just install it and import the demo content, you get a single vendor store.What plugins are bundled with the theme?
- Easy Digital Downloads
- MailChimp for WordPress Lite
- Olam Multiple Images
- Olam EDD Meta Fields (optional)
- Layero Related Downloads
- EDD Front End Submissions (For the main demo)
- EDD Downloads as services (demo 3)
- EDD Bookings (demo 4)
Yes, if you do not add any widgets to that sidebar it won’t be displayed.How do you offer theme support?
We offer support via ThemeForest comment system and our support platform webnesters.ticksy.com.How do I upgrade to the latest version of Olam EDD theme?
You will have to redownload the files from your ThemeForest account and overwrite the files as per our changelog, or install the new file as it is. Be assured that you won’t lose any data when switching the themes.Is it really necessary to upgrade my theme every time there is an update?
We update the theme usually to add more features and for bug fixes. While it is not mandatory it is recommended to upgrade your theme to the latest version.I have edited some of the theme files. Can I upgrade to your latest theme version?
You will have to keep a log of those changes made and apply them in the files of the new version.Can I create a themeforest like website with Olam
Sure, you can create a ThemeForest like marketplace using EDD Front End Submission extension.Can I display variable pricings with your EDD WordPress theme?
Sure, here is how it will be displayed – http://themes.layero.com/olamwp/downloads/green-theme/Can I upload my audio/video preview as a separate file?
All audio/video previews are uploaded as separate file.Can I upload a custom image for preview in product listing pages and another preview in the product page?
Yes, some of our customers wanted to use a square preview image in the shop and other product listing pages. So we added an option to choose a custom image for that purpose.Can I upload multiple images for preview? Can I do the same if I am using EDD Front End Submission (FES)?
You can upload multiple preview images like here – http://themes.layero.com/olamwp/downloads/hot/, if you are operating a single vendor store. But if you are using EDD FES the same cannot be done.How does the contact/support window in the bottom RHS work?
It is basically a quick contact form. Any contacts will be sent to the email address associated with your WordPress site (which you can find in Dashboard->Settings->general)Is Olam compatible with RTL languages?
No, Olam is not compatible with RTL languages.Can I create a WooCommerce store with Olam?
Yes, we made Olam compatible with WooCommerce based on customer requests, but it is primarily a EDD theme. If you want to use WooCommerce alone I recommend this theme – https://themeforest.net/item/muta-woocommerce-wordpress-theme/17990458Do you offer theme customization?
No. We are a very small team and do not have the resources to do customization.Is there a limit to the number of products I can add?
No, you can add any number of products using Olam.
- Updated on 17/03/2016 – Updated functions.php to improve a function to check whether the page is using WordPress default editor
- Updated on 05/04/2016 – Made the theme compatible with EDD Front End Submission plugin.
- Updated on 08/04/2016 – Updated style.css and scripts.js to rectify a slight error in the design of the menu on mobile devices.
- Updated on 26/05/2016 – Made the theme compatible with WooCommerce plugin. You can now contact vendors via vendor contact forms. Option to add multiple images for a download is added.
- Updated on 15/06/2016 – Made the theme compatible with all plugins in EDD marketplace bundle and EDD recurring payments. Solved IE11 compatibility issue for menu drop down.
- Updated on 27/09/2016 – The theme now allows unlimited number of sub menu levels. We also added an instagram button to the social profiles which display on footer area.
- Updated on 30/09/2016 – Version 3.0 – Released a dark skin for the theme. Also made the thumb nail images round instead of square. The files changed are; css/style.css css/dark-style.css, functions.php, admin/functions/functions.options.php, css/woocommerce-style.css,
- Updated on 06/12/2016 – Version 3.1 – Released a 2 more demos and lots of features which are detailed in the documentation attached above. The change log of files too are added in the documentation.
- Updated on 13/12/2016 – Version 3.1.1 – Updated body typography issue in theme options, Updated problem with gallery images in download page. Changelog;
includes/author-downloads.php, archive-dowload.php, single-download.php, functions.php, css/color.css.php, css/style.css
- Updated on 15/02/2017 – Version 3.2
1. Added option to add video previews Updated files; 1. includes/author-downloads.php 2. archive-dowload.php 3. single-download.php 4. functions.php 5. css/color.css.php 6. css/style.css 7. /framework-customizations/extensions/shortcodes/shortcodes/table/includes/fwoption-type-table/class-fw-option-type-table.php
- Updated on 21/06/2017, version 3.3
Added features include:
1. Added option to add a custom preview image for downloads. This is to be displayed in pages like shop, categories, tags and archives. 2. Created a custom related downloads plugin. 3. Updated all woocommerce files and made them compatible with the latest WooCommerce version 4. Added a shortcode to display recent posts from blog. 5. Option to add alternate heading for pages, blog posts and downloads 6. Loading sign for registration form when clicking submit button 7. Fixed EDD reviews compatibility issue 8. Made it more mobile friendly
Changelog not available, the log file accidently got deleted.
Updated on 23/06/2017, version 3.3.1
Fixed error in functions.php
Changelog: css/style.css, css/color.css.php, css/dark-style.css, css/woocommerce-style.css, css/woocommerce.css, js/olam-main.js, functions.php, edd_templates/edd.css
- UPdated on 28/06/2017
Solved button not displaying problem on registration page