This author's response time can be up to 1 business day.
If you have any support questions, we kindly ask you to use our dedicated support system here:
where all the Pexeto items support is handled – registration takes less than a minute. Thank you
Hi, I have some questions before I buy.
I recognized you updated the theme and optimized the grid slider. Unfortunately for me it’s still very slow. To load one slider I have to wait 10-15 seconds for just 5-7 pictures. I’ll checked customers pages and have loading times from 1 min or longer. Ok, I have a slow connection, but also for people with slow connections it should work fine. Since I load heavier pages more faster. And other galleries (similar slider ones, too). I really love your theme and would like to buy it, but I’m afraid of the loading times. Since I want to put more than 5 pictures in a slider. So now my questions.
1. Are there improvements planned or is this already the best you can provide? Did you out very large files in that gallery? I would like to put 800 px minimum.
2. I can’t extend the page size (downwards)? because on small monitors like a netbook the picture size is very small. same with the fullscreen gallery, but there I can hide the menu, which helps a bit.
2.2. I can’t hide the menu in grid slider, isn’t it? Will this be added in future? would help on small monitors
3. Can I sort the Grid gallery or are the entries shown as added? like newest first?
4. the filter button in grid gallery can be shown fully by default (like all categories instead of have to push the filter button first)
5. is it not possible to put titles to each picture in the fullscreen gallery as a layover? in similar galleries it’s possible. would be great.
6. could you also think about some navigation buttons for the fullscreen gallery in your next update? would be also helpfull for smartphones
7. would also appreciate if you can make the theme fully responsive. can’t navigate on a sony xperia (android). fonts are too small to read or touch in the submenus and within the galleries it’s really hard. there are no back buttons and the slider grid doesn’t run smoothly and the pictures are mostly not fitting the screen (too big).
8. can I erase in the fullscreen gallery these points from the background?
9. I can show different content in slider galleries than in the fullscreen gallery= it’s a different portfolio page, isn’t it?
10. can I show in the menu the categories as a submenu to each gallery? like menupoint Photos -> [category] sport -> [slider] football, [slider] basketball
or/and menupoint Portfolio -> 1. landscape, 2. sport, 3. portrait, ...
11. could you think about the possibilty of a widget footer? would be great for an about and contact-field.
ok, these were a lot of questions, sorry. it’s not that I don’t like the theme, I do, it could just be a bit more perfect . so great that you are constantly working on the theme. I hope you can implement my suggestions!
thanks in advance!
1. Regarding the new partial loading functionality we implemented in the last update – we haven’t implemented this functionality on the demo yet, as we have been very busy, but will do it soon. At this point it is mostly optimized – the only loading is the AJAX request (no page reloading) and the images – nothing else, so it only depends on your connection speed.
3. Yes, you can
4. We have written a tutorial about how to accomplish this
8. Yes, there is an option to disable the overlay pattern
9. Yes, you can
10. Yes, you can
Regarding the other requests/suggestions – generally there are lots of requests from all the users, so it is impossible to implement all of them – we try to implement the most requested features, so if any of these are very requested, we will consider implementing them.
I like your theme very much. Does it support flash/swf?
My portfolio should show images, videos and flash/swfs.
Thanks in advance
Thanks, I’m glad you like the theme
The gallery supports playing video in a lightbox – you can see an example in the Mixed Grid Gallery page, just click on the “Another Flash Video” item.
I noticed that when I hightly text or images on my site and right-click the copyright window pops-up as it should. But if I hit control+C I can still copy the text and images. Is it possible to also disable the control+C function so that views don’t copy my images?
We have launched a dedicated support system where all the Pexeto items support is handled, so we kindly ask you to use this system to post your support questions:
thanks for you quick answer!
Just some additional questions:
1. do you know websites where the new update is implemented and I can see how fast it could be? would be great if you can implement it in the demo soon. as I said, it should also work on slow internet connections without waiting times of 15 seconds for 5 pictures. I visit pages that are with lot’s more and bigger pictures and heavy stuff and they load way faster, so I find it really strange that a very simple page like photolux loads so slowly. also the galleries with the lightboxes and the fullscreen gallery load pretty slow. Other gallery themes with similar galleries load way faster, so it must be something in the code.
to 10: so I can fully show all the deeplinks in the menu as a submenupoint, right? I’m just wondering because I haven’t seen it for the grid slider anywhere, also not in your demo.
for the other stuff: ok, so I can just hope then . thanks for the good support!
I have some site links from the support we do, but I can’t really provide the links of the users without having the permission to, however I hope we will get some free time soon to implement the new preloading functionality on the demo.
Regarding the other question – I may not have understood you correctly, generally you can have different grid gallery pages with different categories in them – for example you can have a page “Sport” with categories football and basketball and another page called “Portfolio” where you have categories “Landscape” and “Portrait”.
I launched a new photo project today, which uses this theme. You can see it here: http://scenesfromapublicmarket.com
All the feedback I have gotten so far has been stellar. No problems with the theme and the latest upgrade has boosted performance significantly. The author provides excellent support and I’m very happy with this purchase. Will be looking to this author for future themes. Thank you!
Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to provide your feedback! I’m very happy to hear that you are satisfied with the theme and the support provided
I am very interested in your theme. Are there any options to add a pause button or and mp3 song while the slideshows play. I would like to learn how to do this before I purchase this.
Thank you for the interest
By default the slideshow doesn’t come with mp3 play functionality, but you should be able to accomplish this with a plugin – there are lots of mp3 player plugins available which provide a shortcode to insert, so you can insert the player into the content of the item and it will be displayed in the description section.
Alright that sounds good I will look into those. Any option for a pause button on a slideshow? Also instead of having the thumbnails over the picture can they be moved down so there not on top of the images?
First of all, I wanted to say that when you asked me above about the mp3 player, I thought you were asking about the grid gallery slider and now I realize that it is about the fullscreen slideshow. Generally the fullscreen slideshow doesn’t have a content area, so if you would like to use an mp3 player, you would have to embed the player code into the page template (usually most of the plugins provide a public function that you can call to display the widget). Regarding the other two questions – the fullscreen slideshow doesn’t provide such kind of options, so both of them would require some code modifications.
this is great theme!
I would like to ask you if there’s a way to add a description box under the images using the slider for showing them..
I mean.. if is possible to do that already from this theme. (maybe using the photo description field in the WP uploader/ media manager)
If I’ve to edit the code, it’s not a problem.. I can do it easily.
I need that description box, ‘cause I must write under the pics the Make-up Artist name and the model name. I know that I can do it using the lightbox system, but I like the slider version.
Generally this can be easily accomplished with a small code modification – I already have the code snippet, so if you decide to get the theme, I will provide you the instructions on our support site.
I have just purchased the theme and am finding it great to work with – nice job!
I was wondering if there is any way to set a page directly to a slider grid gallery…. what I mean is when you click on the menu item that it directly opens to a slider grid, without first having to go to a grid gallery….
also, could you let me know what I have to do to put a play/stop button on the full height slideshow gallery.
Hi, I have a few pre-sale questions:
1. For the mixed gallery – would it be possible to add a few social sharing icons to display under each image? (i.e. could I use ‘ShareThis’ or another plugin to allow users to share on Pinterest,Facebook Like, Google Plusone, etc)? (see example here: http://iheartinspiration.com/)
2. Is there a widget that will display the portfolio categories, or can this only be accomplished with a custom menu widget?
3. I see the categories displayed above the title on each grid item – can these be permalinks to the categories?
4. If using the mixed grid gallery, will the layout support a right sidebar or does it have to be full width only? The reason I ask is because if I use the gallery as my home page, I’d like to have a search function on it.
Thanks in advance for answering my questions!!
Here are my answers:
1. The thumbnail images in the gallery by default contain title and category list only and don’t provide an option to add custom functionality to them, so some code modifications will be required for this.
2. If you are asking about the portfolio category filter that is displayed on the top of the gallery, it is built into the gallery template and is generated automatically – it is not added by a widget.
3. By default there isn’t such an option included, so it would require some additional coding.
4. The grid gallery is in full-width layout only.
PRE SALE question !!!
hash id at portfolio items
how to edit that hash id and be able to use a custom id?
“word-2nd-3rd” should be editable within each portfolio item…
By default the gallery slider ID is generated with the ID of the item, however including a slug URL option is already in my update list, so we will be considering implementing it in one of the next updates of the theme.
Hi, How can I add the “contact us” widget you have in the demo sidebar? That widget isn’t available in the download packet.
P.S. It is the [contactform] shortcode – you can read about it in the “Styled elements and shortcodes” section of the documentation.
I have a Facebook Timeline Covers website and im trying to change it up its like a pinterest clone right
I’m not sure whether I understand your question correctly.
I would like to use it for my website.
Just a couple of questions:
1. Is there any free trial version? So I can upload the theme and be sure that everything is in place before buying.
2. Is it possible to integrate the theme with facebook (likes, comments, etc…)
Keep up the good work.
I’m glad you like the theme Here are my answers:
1. Here on ThemeForest themes don’t provide trial versions and generally it is very hard to provide such an option as themes are open source
2. It depends on what exactly you are trying to accomplish – generally there are plugins that add this functionality to the theme and if you use them on standard static pages of the theme, everything should be working fine.
I was thinking about purchasing the design template and was wondering if its possible to edit the layout of the portfolio view… to minimize the photo size so more text displays and also if I could add multi tab to display more text (somewhat like register cards)
also can I change the background colors?
If you are asking about whether you can increase the description section of the grid gallery slider – this can be accomplished with two small modifications (we can provide the instructions on our support site).
Regarding the background colors – it depends on which background exactly you would like to modify. If you are referring to the main background of the page – yes, there is an option to change it.
does the theme display in a responsive way on iPhone and iPad ??
The theme includes some improvements and optimizations for mobile devices and also looks and works well on iPhone and iPad, however we will consider releasing a fully responsive version in one of the next updates.
hi is it possible to have some screen shots about how the theme looks on iPhone and iPad??
also would you do some customization work on demand?? I think this would be great since you did create the theme and you know it best so I would be very happy to hire you for this work of course at an additional cost. I am not very keen to get somebody else to do it since I dont want the theme to be messed up.
I have posted my replies to the tickets you have opened on our support site – you can check them there
Is there any way that you can make a button link to a lightbox YouTube video? F
Possibly for a video testimonial, or something along those lines?
Thank you very much… Your work rocks!
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $18.50
Power Elite Author
Deliver better projects faster. Photos, templates & courses
Unlimited downloads. Only $29/month
Learn almost anything with
Envato Tuts+ for free
9000 free tutorials, 3000 paid courses
Designers matched perfectly to
you on Envato Studio
2000 artists ready to undertake your work