This author's response time can be up to 1 business day.
Great theme! Possible to set up the home page with a full-width slideshow instead of the masonry layout?
Thanks, I’m glad you like it
Yes, you can make your home page to be a full-width slideshow.
If you have any support questions, we kindly ask you to use our dedicated support system here:
where all the Pexeto items support is handled – registration takes less than a minute. Thank you
A pre-purchase question…
Is it possible to have a Masonry layout(like in Grid Gallery) in the ‘Quick Gallery” (Full Width Quick Gallery) ?
And from the demo site, i hope it is possible to make multiple Grid Galleries…
The Quick Gallery comes with a standard grid layout only, as you can see it in the demo.
Regarding the second question – yes, you can create multiple galleries.
P.S. Sorry for the late reply – I must have accidentally marked your comment as read.
Hi, your Photolux theme is gorgeous! Will it be responsive?
We have already started working on a responsive update, but as the theme was not initially designed for this kind of layout, there were some complications with this. Also, because of the latest WordPress release and the changes it included, we had to work a lot on updates of our Photolux and Expression themes, which put us a lot behind schedule, so at this point I can’t really say anything for sure. However, I would also suggest taking a look at our Expression Photography Theme which is responsive.
1) Is it possible to put text on the homepage of the photolux theme?
2) Is it possible to have text on the various gallery pages?
3) On the demo theme site, if I put my mouse over the word Galleries in the top navbar, a drop down menu with NINE different options drops down. Is that what a visitor to my site would see???
4) I will probably only have three or four different galleries on my site. Can I link to them directly from the top navbar instead of in a dropdown menu?
5) Aside from the gallery and blog pages, I would like to have the typical informational pages (i.e., About Us, Contact, Pricing) pages. So my questions are:
A) Can I create those pages with the photolux theme, and,
Can I link to them DIRECTLY from the top navbar?
6) Aside from the demo site, is there an actual working site that you can link to? I would really like to see what it looks like from a visitors point of view?
Thanks in advance.
1) and 2) By default the galleries don’t display text but displaying the content of the gallery page on top requires only one line of code change.
3) These links are custom for the demo and they won’t be displayed on your site. Whatever links you add to your menu, they will be displayed.
4) Yes, you are the one that decides how to organize the menu and what links to insert in there.
5) A. Yes, you can – this is a standard theme that styles your content and it works with all the pages you create from WordPress
5) B. Yes, you can.
6) At this point we don’t have a showcase page and I can’t provide our theme users site links without having the permission to.
Also, your support forum requires a purchase code to register, so is this still the best place for PRE-purchase questions???
Yes, you can either post your pre-purchase questions here or you can also contact us privately by using our profile contact form.
Bug: If you are in the slider gallery, the browser back button does not work.
Once again, I would like to kindly ask you to use our support site for the theme related questions, as this is the only place our themes support is handled. Here in the comments section we reply to pre-purchase questions only. Thank you!
Hi, does this theme extract exif/iptc data from a photo and display it?
I can see that you have double posted this comment – you can read my reply to your previous comment above.
I just purchased photolux. I cannot figure out where to customize the contact heading.
Also how do I add my logo?
We have a dedicated support system where all the Pexeto items support is handled, so we kindly ask you to use our support system here:
Presales questions: 1) Can you remove the text box/captions and the overlay on the (mouseover) pictures in the masonry grid – making it look more like your Expression theme, which is fabulous, but the slider on this one is SO much better than just the plain lightbox for my purposes. Otherwise, I’d stick with the look of Expression, but the left-to-right slider really showcases the images and I’m a photog. Is the lightbox vs. slider the only real difference between Expression and Photolux?
2) Could one remove the black box and title from the beginning of the (horizontal) preview slider for the albums?
3) Can I make any of the pictures in the slider clickable to either a larger version of that photo or a post or something? If not, is there an interest in doing that in the future releases.
4) How easy is it to change the skin to a custom solid color or patterned background, like she did on this Photolux site here: http://jenniferlangdonphotography.com/
Thanks! It looks like a super versatile theme and the simplicity is what nails it!
1) By default there isn’t such kind of styling option included, but if Expression has the design you prefer and you want the images to be displayed in lightbox – it provides a lightbox preview option, you can see an example here
2) Yes, there is an option to hide it
3) I already have a code snippet that makes the images open in lightbox, so I can provide it on our support site if you decide to get the theme.
4) There are styling options included that allow you do this – the site from the link you have provided uses only the default theme options.
Thanks for the reply. I can’t use Expression because the main reason I’m buying your theme is for the side-scroll gallery slider. It’s stunning. Otherwise I’d get expression, but I do not like the lightbox vs. the horizontal gallery slider. So I think the easiest way to get what I want is to purchase Photolux and modify css or something to remove the black boxes so that it looks like the “Smaller Images Gallery”, or to use the Smaller Images Gallery, but make the thumbnails larger. Do you understand what I’m trying to say. Sorry if I wasn’t clearer before.
Re 4) That is AWESOME that it’s just standard styling options. Even the full-width blog pages here: http://jenniferlangdonphotography.com/news/ – I went back to your demo site and saw no such option for wide blog pages with no sidebar. Is it just somewhere in an option menu – I watched the videos, but they were only about making grid galleries. Thanks for the answers. I’m really trying to make my decision and purchase by the end of the day and all answers are greatly appreciated.
I think you might not be impressed enough with your own work on this theme – you seem to prefer Expression, but dude, this theme is FANTASTIC! Another one I looked at had all these special effects and really, at the end of the day, they didn’t help present the material. This theme is so elegant in it’s simplicity that it really does a stellar job of presenting photos!
Thank you for your kind words
Regarding the full-width blog on that site – there is an option to set this – the blog supports left sidebar, right sidebar and full-width layouts.
So it is possible to style the mixed images gallery to look like the Smaller Images Gallery in terms of no captions and black bar through some small CSS change? PS – I bought the theme – don’t know why my name doesn’t yet say PURCHASED next to it.
P.S. Yes, you can do this, it is always the same page template but with different display settings – you can see the settings below the main content editor of the page.
Is there a way to allow users to create an account themselves and begin posting photos?
By default there isn’t such kind of option included, but you should be able to accomplish this with a plugin – it really depends on what you exactly want to accomplish.
/////******VIRUS INFENCTION IN YOUR FILES********////
After your last update I got a troyan virus in several files of my site and now I can’t access anymore… please check these files, waiting for a solution:
I can assure you that there aren’t any viruses in the theme – even most of the files that you have listed are standard WordPress files, not theme files. There may be lots of reasons for this problem, but it is highly unlikely to be related with the theme. Also you are the only person to report this problem.
A quick question re: the logo area at the very top of the page. Can I change the color in this area?
Thanks so much,
I love your theme. Can you make this responsive? I purchased another responsive theme and was very unhappy and received a refund. I would very much like to continue with this theme but cannot if it’s not mobile friendly.
I’m glad you like the theme
The theme is mobile friendly – it looks and works well on mobile devices, it is just not responsive.
We have already started working on a responsive update, but as the theme was not initially designed for this kind of layout, there were some complications with this. Also, because of the latest WordPress release and the changes it included, we had to work a lot on updates of our Photolux and Expression themes, which put us a lot behind schedule, so at this point I can’t really say anything for sure.
P.S. If you still have any other support questions, I would like to ask you to use our dedicated support system here:
as this is where all the Pexeto items support is handled. Thank you!
Weird, I tried the theme out on my android phone. Swiping the horizontal slide galleries didn’t work. Tried it on my android tablet and it did. Had other friends on FB try with iphone and ipad and the iphone worked for certain galleries (same gallery type, same website) and not others. One person reported that the Ipad worked on a certain gallery in landscape mode, but another Ipad user couldn’t get swipe to work. I can’t figure out what’s the common thing. It’s technically not responsive, but it works just fine on my tablet. Hmm?
See my later reply – it works really well on those mobile devices! I did a more scientific approach to testing and it’s great. I won’t lose any prospective clients who use mobile devices rather than computers to look at my site, which is important.
Discovered today that it works on my android phone, but it needs to be at a certain zoom level and then it sometimes swipes and other times shows the left and right arrows to get to more content. So it pretty much works on every single device I’ve tried it on, which to date is 5 different types of devices!
Thank you very much for providing this info, I’m happy to hear this
Anybody scared of the theme being non-responsive, go try it for yourself. I don’t know what is non-responsive about this template. I tried it on an android phone and android tablet, an Ipad and an iphone and only had 1 minor problem on the android phone. I just spent the last hour in the Apple Store, testing it on ipads and iphones and the problem I mentioned in an earlier post was a malfunction of that person’s site, not the theme itself. I tried 5 different Photolux-themed websites and it totally scaled perfectly and worked perfectly. I just bought the theme today and so far I’m thrilled and excited about building my site on it, and feel good knowing that it looks good on most devices, or at least the ones most important to me.
Thanks so much for your kind words! I’m really happy to hear that you like the way it works on mobile devices indeed the fact that it is not responsive doesn’t mean that it doesn’t look and work well.
Hi, I would like to know if this theme is suitable and works good on ipad and iPhone.
Yes, the theme works well on iPhone and iPad – if you want you can also check digitalretouch’s comment above about the mobile devices.
Hi, can link from say a ‘smaller images gallery’ image on the home page through to a ‘slider gallery’.
In other words can I mix and match the gallery types?
Hope this makes sense!
Yes, you can – all of the grid galleries that you can see on the demo page are actually one gallery page template, just each of them have different settings applied. So, all the different options you can see in there can be applied within one same gallery page (for example you can have a smaller images gallery with black and white effect enabled).
Not to worry, I think Ive answered my own question…..it seems to be a yes!
Hi Pexeto and the support team
I love your Dandelion Themes and have used it for several beautiful sites with great success.
Now I have a need for another theme so here are a couple of pre-purchase questions about Photolux (Hope that’s okay!)
1. Showcase Gallery – can the thumbnail-type Nav for this kind of gallery be placed on the right?
2. Showcase Gallery – would it be possible to have the large image be a slider?
3. Main Navigation on Footer too – possible to have a duplicate main menu on the footer? (I can do it in footer.php if necessary, but just wanted to know if there are any settings in the admin panel to do this)
4. Full Width Slideshow on home page – what is the recommended image size for this slider? And does it scale up properly from the default image size? (Seems to on the demo, but just wanted to check)
5. Full Width Slideshow on home page – I would need the main top menu to stay put and display during the slide show – I think you’ve already answered this question, but also, just wanted to check.
thanks so much!
Thank you for the interest Here are my answers:
1. and 2. The showcase page template doesn’t support such kind of options, do if you want to accomplish this, you would have to apply some code modifications
3. Yes, the links that you can see in the footer (after the sociable icons) represent a custom menu that you can select, so you can select any menu that you have created.
4. We would recommend around 1000 pixels in size (that’s the size we use on the demo). And yes, the image will scale.
5. I’m not sure if I understand this question correctly, can you explain it in another way?
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $18.50
Power Elite Author
Unlimited graphic downloads & digital courses. Only $29/month
22,000+ templates & 1,000+ courses
Learn almost anything with
Envato Tuts+ for free
9000 free tutorials, 3000 paid courses
Designers matched perfectly to
you on Envato Studio
2000 artists ready to undertake your work