This author's response time can be up to 1 business day.
It is possible that in home page was kenburns slidshow or movie that start automatically?
And also can i ad a plugin with music?
You can use one of the fullscreen slideshow page template on the front page, however they are standard image sliders – they don’t support a kenburns effect and videos. Regarding using a plugin with a music – generally the theme is built according to the best plugin compatibility practices, so it should be okay to use the plugins you like.
I’ve just bought Photolux theme. I’m using portfolio with slider and I want to know if it’s possible to modify it and add a 5 pixels transparent gap between two images in the slider. ???
Thanks a lot for your answer
We have a dedicated support system where all the Pexeto items support is handled, so can you please use our support system here:
P.S. We have created a tutorial with instructions about how to accomplish this, you can check it here
HI. I would like first to let you know that your theme is awsome. I also bought it and it looks good. The only one thing is I want to know if possible how to have my menu bar fixed at the top and dont allow it to scrol with the entiere page. I checked out the support site but I didnt find help about that. Your help will be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Thank you very much, I’m glad you like the theme
By default the theme doesn’t include a sticky header option and implementing this functionality would require some code modifications – I’m not really sure if that’s something that can be easily accomplished, but if you have some web development experience to customise the theme and need some guidance about the theme’s code and files structure,
you can register and open a ticket on our support site where our support team can provide this info for you.
is it safe to update to wordpress 3.9? Its listed on the side panel its compatible but there’s no update available?
Yes, we have tested the theme with WP 3.9 and it was working well, at this point there aren’t any known issues between WP 3.9 and the latest version of the theme.
can i use the woo commerce plugin on this theme
Yes, in the last update we have included some improvements about the design and layout of the theme with WooCommerce – it’s not a dedicated WooCommerce theme but it looks and works well with the plugin.
For the Photolux theme is it possible to have the page auto load more images if the user scrolls down instead of having to click on “load more” ?
At this point using the “Load More” button is the main way to load more items and there isn’t an option for automatic loading on scroll.
I bought this theme yesterday.
after the institution of the footer I have noticed that I have to scroll to see this.now my question would be, where and how can define the height of the web page that can be seen on a VIEW of the content of the footer as well?
thanks for your help.
tom (from germany)
P.S. I’m not sure if I understand your question correctly, but if you are asking about how you can control the height of the gallery page – you may consider changing the number of items that are displayed before the Load More button in the “Number of portfolio items to show per load/page” field of the gallery page.
hello, the problem is fixed now!
That’s good to hear
Hi, I have some question hope you can help me. My English is not so good and I have problems to ask this question in the support part… Hope you can help me and understand my question too.
1. Is there any possibility to give an order to the script that I can choose with category will be open when I use the lightbox portfolio? I have different categories in one lightbox, but if I use the site link of one category (in the main menu), I want that will show this category directly and not the “All” category with all the picture in the lightbox.
2. Full-size Gallery: Can I chance this in a Gallery with a fix width? Because I have panorama picture and that don’t work with this gallery: Pictures with the same width size (but different heights) will show completely different and also some will only show half. Oh, on information you need too: I can’t use the full-height gallery for this, because this is very nice for the other photographers who have different format picture.
3. I like to have social media like and sharing button under the big picture in the lightbox portfolio. Have you any solution for this? After the button will be a text.
4. Gridgallery: Why wouldn’t it center correctly? When I use a IPad it will be center, on my notebook it don’t center the picture and when I make the window (like internet explorer, firefox, so on) smaller then it doesn’t center too. I try the center solution from the support, but it doesn’t work correctly. Because I have two picture with 800px in one line, so when I use a big screen it will be fine, but on a notebook I only see the half of the picture…I think it depend on the with size in the Additional CSS styles. So this solution is no possibility for me.
5. Gridgallery: Is there any option that I can show a filter category, but not this picture in the category on “All”?
Well, that is the problem. How you see I write it in the begin of my comment. I dont understand your support system to log in there.Why is it so complicated? I can`t log in with my password so on.
All you have to do is register on our support site – it takes less than a minute. Our support site is a separate system, we don’t have access to your ThemeForest password and that’s why you need to create a new account on our support site. In order to register just use the registration form here and enter your email address, purchase code (instructions about how to get it here) and password. Once you register, you can open a support ticket(s) with your question(s), so that our dedicated support team can assist you.
Please continue to update this theme.. its awesome.
Thank you very much! the theme will continue to be updated – we always keep our themes compatible with the latest version of WordPress and release bug fixes and improvements when needed.
I saw that you use prettyphoto to display pictures. Prettyphoto have several options for displaying pictures. Where can I modify it ?
I didn’t find anything on my wordpress…
Hi, I have a very simple pre purchase question. Do I need to sign up to Wordpress before I buy? I currently don’t have one. Thanks
You don’t need a WordPress account, but you need a WordPress installation running on your server – you can download WordPress from here without having a WordPress.org account.
Hi Guys, great theme. We love using it for the full rich desktop experience but we are also interested in getting a mobile site up and running as a lot of potential clients may see our site on their phones. Is anything in the works regarding this? I notice some other themes just automatically rearrange sites to allow this.
I’m glad you like the theme
Photolux is a responsive theme and it looks and works well on mobile devices. Photolux has been responsive since version 2.0.0 (released in May 2013), so if you are using an older version just update your theme to the latest version to get the responsive layout applied. You can download the update for free from the Downloads section of your ThemeForest profile and read about how to install it in the Updates section of the documentation.
If you have any further questions, can you please use our dedicated support system here:
as this is where all the Pexeto items support is handled. Thank you!
I have a pre-purchase question. I’m seriously considering purchasing this theme for a website I’m developing for a photographer. He is very interested in the Full Width slider option that you offer. However, he has some concerns.
1) In the past he has used full width page sliders only to have the top or bottom of his photographs chopped off. He wanted me to find out if there is a specific dimension he can set his photographs to so they take up the full width and height of the screen (across all screen sizes) so the the bottom or top will never be cut off?
2) Is this theme 100% with mac computers
Thank you in advance for your response!!!
Here are my answers:
1) If you need to always show the top and bottom parts of the image, you can use the full-height slideshow page – with this slideshow the image is displayed in its full height and the top and bottom sections are always visible. However, as all the screens have different sizes, it’s impossible to fit an image to both full width and full height without any cropping, so if you need the top and bottom parts to be always visible, there could be some space around the image in some cases depending on the current window size and image ratio.
2) The theme supports all the major browsers (you can check the theme details section for more info) on both Mac and PC.
One last question: If I want to use the fullwidth slider, could you please let me know what the suggested dimensions should be for each image that would prevent the least amount of cropping??
That would still depend on the screen size, for the majority of desktop screens you would have to use a landscape image layout but it would be still different on each screen.
i´ve some questions to this template.
1) it is possible to change the background color in the HEADER separately?
if yes, where I can do this?
2) is it possible to sort by name in the grid gallery?
thanks for your help.
As I already mentioned in my reply to your previous comment, we have a dedicated support system where all the Pexeto items support is handled, so can you please use our support system here:
Sorry, I´ve done now!
I am getting this error when I try to make any changes to the Photolux settings.
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /wp-admin/admin.php could not be found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
The error log on go daddy is:
Fri May 02 07:22:03.410540 2014 pid 31034:tid 140202420909824 AH01276: Cannot serve directory /home/amyserafin/public_html/wp-content/themes/photolux/images/icons/: No matching DirectoryIndex (index.html.var,index.htm,index.html,index.xhtml,index.wml,index.perl,index.pl,index.plx,index.ppl,index.cgi,index.jsp,index.js,index.jp,index.php4,index.php3,index.php,index.phtml,index.shtml,default.htm,default.html,home.htm,index.php5,Default.html,Default.htm,home.html,welcome.html) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive, referer: http://www.artofhairbyamy.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=pexeto_options
I saw this: A “406 Not Acceptable” error occurs when saving the option in the Photolux Options page
This error may occur on some servers, because of some security settings and it is related with the jquery.cookie.js script which is used for saving the last edited tab within the options page. In this case, apart of changing the server settings, the easiest way to fix this would be to disable this functionality. You can do this by opening the lib/functions/general.php file and change line 101.
But unfortunately it doesnt look like that snippet of code lives on the general.php file. At least not on mine.
i found it and changed it in this file:
but still no luck
P.S. This must be related with some server settings, the part of the logs saying “and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive” is most likely what is causing the problem (indexes settings), so meanwhile can you please also contact your hosting support and ask them what server settings are causing this error and if possible to remove/change them? Thank you
Hi i love this theme im currently using it on a client my question is if i’m wanting to add a different social icon the icon option does not have the icon that i want. Can you tell me which php page i could edit to add a new icon. Thank you
First of all – I’m glad you like the theme!
Hi I would like to remove the slider and put Layerslider so how can I do this ?
I use Photolux, it is very good
For cons, I have a problem when I deploy my site on the remote server, the grid-galery does not work,
You can see the probeme at: www.gm-invest.ma/rachida-princesse
Thank you for helping me to solve this problem
for the first, this is the best theme of all! but I have a little question. There’s a way to add at the Portfolio slider more photos? I can add max 25 pic
Thank you, I’m glad you like the theme!
P.S. There is no limit to the number of images in the slider, so when posting on our support site please also provide a link to your site so we can have a look? Thanks
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $18.50
Power Elite Author
Unlimited graphic downloads & digital courses. Only $29/month
22,000+ templates & 1,000+ courses
Learn almost anything with
Envato Tuts+ for free
9000 free tutorials, 3000 paid courses
Designers matched perfectly to
you on Envato Studio
2000 artists ready to undertake your work