Photolux is a powerful and elegant Portfolio and Photography WordPress Theme which is best suited for photographers and creatives who use portfolios to showcase their work. Photolux theme is powered by the advanced Pexeto Panel, which provides tons of options to manage and modify any aspect of the theme – it is well suited for both beginners with no coding knowledge and developers. The theme comes with three base skin choices: Dark, Light and Transparent, as well as numerous of backend options for eazy customization and bulding your skin.
Unique Dynamic AJAX Gallery
Photolux includes a flexible and unique AJAX gallery with awesome jQuery animations and effects, which comes with lots of options available for its items. For each gallery item you have the options to:
- dynamically open an image slider with a nice jQuery animation, containing lots of additional images attached to the item (lots of images can be uploaded at once)
- open an image lightbox as image gallery attached to the item (lots of images can be uploaded at once)
- play video in lightbox
- open item content in a new page
- open a custom link in a new page
Also there are lots of options that can be set to the gallery pages, for example:- different image sizes – the default image size can be changed on each gallery page
- unlimited gallery pages – you can create as many galleries as you need with different image sets
- “Black & White” – for each gallery page you can set an automatic “Black & White” image effect – the effect is generated automatically by the theme, so you don’t have to create separate images for this effect
- dynamic AJAX category filter (can be enabled/disabled per page)
The theme is responsive, so that it fits and looks great on different devices – desktop, mobile phones and tablets. Also, the main gallery slider supports finger gestures, so it is very easy to navigate between the images on touch devices.
The theme comes with 3 base skins – Dark, Light and Dark Transparent. After you choose your skin, you have options to change the colors and background used in the theme. We have also included a color picker to make color choice even easier. Additionally, the theme comes with 34 different background patterns that you can choose from and if you would like to use your own custom background, the theme also provides an option to upload your own background pattern image or full width background image.
Note:The skin switching functionality from the drop-down menu on the demo site is for demonstration purposes only (so you can preview the different skins) and is not part of the theme – by default the theme skin can be selected from the options panel of the WordPress admin.
There is an amazing fullscreen image slideshow included with the theme – it provides an option to completely hide the navigation sections and display the images in the full size of the window.
The theme provides a friendly user interface to implement Cufon Font replacement and Google API Fonts. For the Cufon font replacement you can either use one of the fonts that the theme comes with or upload your own custom font. For the Google Fonts we have created a section where you can enable as many fonts as you like just by adding the URL the API provides. You can check out the font management section here
Advanced Styling Buttons
The theme includes an unique set of buttons that allow you to directly insert the styled content into your editor area. In this way, you can easily organize your content while creating it without having to save and preview your page with every change you do.
Adobe Lightroom Integration
The WP/LR Sync service can be used to publish / export your photos and collections from Lightroom to WordPress and to keep them synchronized. Jordy Meow, the creator of WP/LR Sync has recently released a Pexeto Theme extension that adds support for our themes to the WP/LR Sync service – with this extension enabled, the portfolio items (and their categories) in Photolux will be synchronized with your Lightroom (photos, collections, and collection sets). Please note that the WP/LR Sync service does not come with the theme and has to be purchased separately.
The theme comes with a detailed documentation, which includes examples, screenshots and all the main instructions you will need to customize your site. Additionally, we have included a “Beginners” section which includes some helpful links about working with WordPress and instructions about what steps to follow when setting the theme.
This theme supports the WordPress classic editor only and a major part of its elements rely on the classic editor. This requires installing the Classic Editor plugin.
Other Key Features
- Unlimited Sidebars – dynamic sidebar generation functionality
- SEO section included, allowing you to add key words, change title structure, exclude pages from indexation, etc.
- Easy page layout changing – for each page you can choose between left sidebar, right sidebar and full width layout
- Nivo slider included
- Option to disable right click
- Full width background image option – you can set one globally to the whole theme, or you can set different ones to the different pages
- Easy theme translation – all the custom words used within the theme can be very easily changed from the admin panel. We have also included a .po file if additional languages will be used.
- Easy logo replacement
- Separate portfolio section
- WordPress 3.0 Custom Menu Support
- jQuery Tabs
- AJAX contact form
- Sociable Icons section in footer
- Comments with reply functionality (multiple levels depth)
- Multi level drop-down menu
- Lost of styled elements included
- PSD Files included
- A bonus widget included – Portfolio Posts Loader displaying the latest items in the sidebar with lightbox preview
- Works and looks similar in all major browsers: Internet Exlorer, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Google Chrome
- Version 2.3.9:
- Preparation for WordPress 5.0: Make the Classic Editor plugin required by default. The theme supports the classic editor only and a major part of its elements rely on the classic editor. You can learn more in this article.
- Load the gallery YouTube and Vimeo lightbox video players over https
- Version 2.3.8:
- Add support for the WordPress 4.9.6 comment form cookie checkbox
- Version 2.3.7:
- Updated the contact form reCAPTCHA widget to version 2, since version 1 of the reCAPTCHA API is now deprecated and will be shut down in March 2018. This Requires generating new API keys. Please refer to the Contact Form Page section of the documentation for more details.
- General code improvements and minor bug fixes
- Version 2.3.6:
- Removed the Envato Toolkit Library that handles automatic updates due to the retirement of the old Envato API (that Envato Toolkit uses). Implemented a script to install the Envato Market Plugin, which is the new tool to install automatic updates from the dashboard. For more information please refer to the Updates section of the documentation.
- Version 2.3.5:
- Fixed: Hovering last menu item on Safari makes it blink
- Fixed: Image URLs displayed in red in the Nivo slider management section with WP 4.6
- Version 2.3.4:
- Fixed: issue with tabs and accordion elements with WordPress 4.5
- Code improvements
- Version 2.3.3:
- Fixed: Issue with the grid gallery slider on the latest version of Firefox (41.0.1)
- Version 2.3.2:
- Updated the PrettyPhoto lightbox plugin to version 3.1.6
- Version 2.3.1:
- Fixed: Security fix: escaped the URLs every time the add_query_arg() function is used to fix the recently found XSS vulnerability of the add_query_arg() function
- Fixed: editor buttons lightbox dialog – media window displayed behind the dialog on Chrome
- Fixed: the navigation button display of the Simple Google Map widget
- Version 2.3.0:
- Added: Social sharing icons for the pages, blog posts and portfolio posts
- Improved: Pexeto Panel redesigned – Pexeto Panel now comes with a fresh new design
- Improved: Replaced the Timthumb image resizing script with the Aqua Resizer script
- Improved: Replaced the image upload functionality with a Media Library image select
- Improved: Updated the Envato WordPress Toolkit library to the latest version
- Improved: Contact form – added a sender email option to avoid messages failing to be sent due to the Yahoo DMARC reject policy
- Improved: Print the custom CSS styles applied from the options panel into the head of the document instead of loading them as a separate file
- Fixed: Some compatibility issues with the upcoming WordPress 4.1 (dialogs in the admin panel)
- Other general improvements and minor bug fixes
- Version 2.2.0:
- Implemented a CAPTCHA option for the contact form – for more information please refer to the Contact Form Page section
- Implemented a Custom Order functionality to the Portfolio section ( Portfolio » Custom Order section) that allows reordering the portfolio items by dragging and dropping them
- Fixed: recent posts widget date mispositioned when the “Display post date” option is enabled
- Fixed: page editor buttons -> Add Button dialog -> color picker displayed behind the dialog
- Other improvements and minor bug fixes
- Version 2.1.0:
-Implemented social network sharing buttons in the gallery slider – you can activate them in the Photolux Options -> General -> Social Icons -> “Gallery slider sharing icons” section
-WooCommerce improvements – added a custom woocommerce template for some layout and style improvements
-General code improvements and minor bug fixes
- Version 2.0.1:
- WordPress 3.7 Update: in this update WordPress removed the titles added to the WordPress Gallery (or as we call it Quick Gallery) items and therefore the titles are not displayed in the lightbox preview. We have applied some filters to the generated markup so that the titles are displayed in the lightbox.
- Mobile menu functionality improvements
- Other code improvements and minor bug fixes
- Version 2.0.0:
- Photolux is now responsive
- General code, design and functionality improvements – as this is a major update, implementing the responsive layout required many modifications to the default theme code and design
- Updated Nivo slider, Mousewheel and PrettyPhoto to the latest versions
- Prepared the theme’s code and some of the back-end functionality for the upcoming WordPress 3.6
- Added Instagram and 500px icons to the default footer icons set
- Version 1.4.1:
- Changed the way the lightbox items description is retrieved in the gallery – now both “Alt text” and “Caption” fields can be used to add a description to the image
- Made the Portfolio Posts Loader widget retrieve the preview image URL when a gallery is inserted into the content of the item and there is no Preview Image set
- Version 1.4.0:
- Added support for the new WordPress 3.5 gallery management functionality to the grid gallery portfolio items
- In the grid gallery added an option to generate the thumbnail image from the first image of the image set added to the item, when a preview image is not set
- Updated Timthumb to the latest version
- Updated the instructions in the documentation for the new WordPress 3.5
- Small code improvements
- Version 1.3.1:
- Fixed a pagination issue in the blog that was raised with the new WordPress 3.4
- Fixed a small positioning issue of the fullscreen slider images on iPhone
- Version 1.3.0:
- Implemented an image partial loading functionality for the horizontal slider in the Grid Gallery. With this functionality, the slider can be displayed before all the images are loaded and the rest of the images get loaded dynamically while you can browse the already loaded ones.
- Implemented an Automatic Theme Update functionality
- Updated Timthumb to the latest version
- Added a Pinterest button to the sociable icons set
- Fixed an issue about positioning the fullscreen background image
- Added some other small improvements
- Version 1.2.0:
- Implemented a Full-height fullscreen slideshow template which is suitable for both portrait and landscape oriented images. You can see an example here.
- Included an option to link directly to an item in a slider in the Grid Gallery – you can see an example here
- Included an option to add descriptions in lightbox to the additional images in the Grid Gallery
- iPhone/iPad improvements
- Updated Timthumb to the latest version available
- Added some other small improvements and fixed some small issues
- Version 1.1.2:
- Improved even more the fullscreen slideshow functionality and the fullscreen background image for the different window sizes
- Added an option to append a “Back to gallery” button in the end of the gallery slider
- Added an option to disable the overlay pattern on the fullwidth images
- Updated Timthumb to the latest version available
- Fixed an issue about footer not sticking to the bottom of the page on larger screens
- Added some other small improvements
- Version 1.1.1:
- Improved the fullscreen slideshow functionality for the different window sizes
- Added an option to set a different full width background image for the different pages
- Added an option to disable right click
- Improved the contact widget functionality regarding the default input texts
- Added some other small coding/styling improvements
- Version 1.1.0:
- implemented a fullscreen slideshow, you can check it out here
Thanks for the great resources to:
- Social Media Icons http://icondock.com/free/vector-social-media-icons
- Pixel patterns http://naomiatkinsonproducts.com/
- Repeatable Pixel Patterns http://www.premiumpixels.com/20-repeatable-pixel-patterns/
- Tango icons: http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Desktop_Project
- Vector Patterns http://speckyboy.com/2010/04/08/6-free-vector-seamless-backgrounds-source-files/
- Seamless Patterns http://www.premiumpixels.com/20-seamless-photoshop-grid-patterns/
Note: The images used on the demo site are for demonstration purposes only and are not included in the download file.