Envato Tuts+ Courses
- Video courses taught by expert instructors.
- Learn new skills from start to finish.
- Downloadable Source Files also available on GitHub.
The Cordova platform is a cross-platform framework for building apps. Instead of building an app with native languages like Java or Objective C, you can build it with familiar web technologies and bundle it in a native container for your target platform. Cordova allows you to build apps for Android and iOS, as well as Amazon Fire, BlackBerry, Firefox, and Ubuntu.
Once you build an app, you will want to package it and make it available on your platform’s app store!
In this course, Envato Tuts+ instructor Reggie Dawson will teach you how to package and publish an app with Cordova. You’ll learn how to configure your app for publication on multiple platforms and how to package it. You’ll see how to build the app locally and also how to use Adobe PhoneGap for cross-platform building and digital signature. Along the way, Reggie will demonstrate by preparing a simple app for publication.
What You’ll Learn
- How to prepare and build an app for publication to the Apple and Android app stores.
- Different options for building and packaging your app.
- Setting the right preferences for Android and iOS in config.xml.
- What PhoneGap Build is and how it can make your life easier.
About the Instructor
Reginald Dawson is a longtime network admin who has finally moved over to coding. Skilled in web development and obsessed with frameworks (Angular, Meteor and Ionic to name a few), he is using his past experience as an instructor to help others learn to use technology.