Clean and Modern NewsPaper Magazine theme with customizer, page builder and 6 months free support
Qalam encompasses clean and modern design, backed with host of customization options using Elementor Page Builder and Kirki Customizer. Built with semantic markup and organized code, the theme is optimized for SEO and Schema Microdata. Qalam supports advertisement spots in important locations of a web page to improve revenue from ads on your site.
The theme includes WP Post Modules plugin worth $29 for free. This multi tool posts plugin makes it easy to present posts in desired style and at any location of a page, including widget areas. Browse the features of this theme below and don’t forget to check out the demos.
Boxed / Stretched Layout
Showcase your site content in either boxed or stretched layout. This option is useful in making a compact blogging site as well as wide Tech Magazine.
Multi Column Sidebars
Organize your content in multiple sidebars with vertical ads and post lists. Qalam supports two sidebars along with the main content, creating around 7 layout combinations.
Multiple Header Styles
Not just limited to the latest trending header. Qalam supports 4 header styles ranging from classic to modern look, all to be chosen from Customizer.
Dynamic Layout Width
Besides boxed and stretched layout, you can customize the width of entire site as per choice. Sidebars can be assigned custom width ratio along with custom gutter values.
Customize colors of your website without touching the CSS file. You can color header, navigation, links, footer, sidebar headings, post titles, etc. as per your branding and choice.
Unlimited Google Fonts
Manage your website’s typography with a huge library of Google fonts. You can customize body text, headings, site title, etc. as per choice.
Multiple Archive Styles
Archives are the information bank of any Magazine site. Showcase it with list, grid, full content, card or mixed content style.
Qalam supports widget areas at all important locations which can be used for monetization and ads placement. With 10 widget areas at different locations, you can organize your ads in an efficient manner.
Qalam comes with off canvas sticky elements like navigation bar, off canvas mobile menu, next/previous post navigation on single posts, and sticky social sharing button on single posts.
Showcase your latest posts with this handy News Ticker tool in unlimited style. Ticker can be placed on any page and at any location with customizable colors, title text, typography and animation delays.
Elementor Page Builder
Create unlimited post modules on any page using WP Post Modules Plugin. The plugin is an addon for Elementor Page Builder and comes FREE with this theme. You save $29.
Using WP Post Modules addon, create custom archive pages in any style and convert them into ajax loading or ajax navigation posts.
No matter where you are from. Qalam supports all languages, including languages with right-to-left orientation. The theme is fully translation ready and comes with sample POT file.
Want to sell physical or digital products on your Magazine site? You can do so efficiently using WooCommerce plugin. Qalam has built in style support for the plugin.
Social sharing has became the fuel of the fire called ‘Traffic’. More sharing means more traffic and exposure. Qalam supports sharing of your posts on more than 17 social platforms.
Besides clean and semantic code, Qalam comes with an option to enable Schema markup for your site (via customizer). Schema enabled markup can improve your website’s visibility in search engine results.
With related posts on each single post, the internal linking and SEO is improved for your website. It also helps visitor find a post relevant to their interest.
Image resize on-the-fly
Resize and crop images for post modules, archives and single posts. Qalam supports BFI thumb as well as native thumbs with sourceset attribute.
Full feature list
- 100% Responsive, optimized for Retina display
- WordPress 5.3.x ready
- Boxed / Stretched layout
- Dynamic layout width
- Theme options via WordPress Customizer using Kirki Customizer
- Multiple Sidebars layout (1 sidebar, 2 sidebars or full width)
- Unlimted Google Fonts for body text, headings, navigation, etc.
- Customizable colors for header area, navogation, widget area headings, secondary area background, footer area, etc.
- Drag and drop page builder support via Elementor Page Builder plugin
- 12 prebuilt Home page layouts included as Elementor JSON files and WordPress XML files
- 2 custom templates for full width and blank canvas page
- 4 header layout styles
- Sticky navigation bar
- Site title and logo image via Customizer
- Off canvas Mobile Menu
- Multi-level WordPress menu
- 2 search panel styles – Full Screen Overlay and Inline
- Social sharing links in header
- WooCommerce cart count with products list dropdown
- 5 global archive styles (gird, list, classic, full post and Material card)
- Image resize on-the-fly using BFI Thumb via customizer
- Create any style archive page using WP Post Modules Plugin (Included for Free)
- AJAX supported on archive posts created usingWP Post Modules
Post Module Features
- Multiple Display styles
– 4 sub styles
– Unlimited multiple columns
– Custom Gutters
– Custom split ratio for thumbnail + content
– Create any sized list from small to large thumbnails
– Circular images for list thumbnails
– Content can be separated as full border, half border or no border
– Multi Column lists
– Multiple columns
– Custom gutters
– Overlay Content with custom background color and gradients
– Custom overlay content margin/padding
– Show overlay as always, on-hover or never
– Image zoom and rotate effect on hover
– Custom ticker title length
– Custom ticker animation duration
– Custom ticker label text
– Custom ticker label background and foreground with color picker
– Plain list with bullets
– Bullet size and color options
– List spacing options
- Responsive controls for typography, columns, grid sizes, gutters, etc.
- Advanced Typography options with complete Google Fonts library
– Set font size, line height, font weight, letter spacing, etc.
– Responsive controls for typography
– Custom colors for titles, excerpt, category links, post meta, etc.
- Custom WP Query builder
– Show posts from categories, tags, custom post types, taxonomies, post IDs, author IDs, etc.
– Supports offset and post exclusion to prevent redundancy of posts
– Order and Orderby parameters supported
- jQuery Owl Slider
– Supported for Grid, List and Tile display styles and their sub styles
– Change number of slides per view
– Toggle animation loop
– Toggle auto play
– Set autoplay timeout
– Set animation speed and animation types (slide, zoom and fade)
– Toggle auto height
– Toggle previous/next navigation
– Toggle dots navigation
– Stagepadding support
- Image resize on-the-fly using BFI Thumb
– Custom width, height and hard crop feature
– Set image quality from 1 to 100 (Optimization Option)
– Auto convert images to grayscale
– Auto colorize image from color picker
– Native Thumbnails with sourceset attributes supported
- Text content options
– Choose heading tag from h1 to h6 and p (SEO factor)
– Choose main title font size and font weight
– Set paragraph tag and font size
– Auto trimming of post excerpt at desired word length
– Toggle readmore link with custom readmore text
– Show/hide post meta items like category, author, date, excerpt and comments
– Auto conversion of category links into expandable dropdown if category links are more than a specifid number
– Show author avatar in post meta
– Built in style and function support for WP Review and Post Views Counter plugin
- Social sharing per post module. (Twitter, Facebook, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, GooglePlus, Pinterest, VK, Reddit, Email)
- Valid Schema microdata on generated post content
– Schema properties can be changed from widget settings
- AJAX next/previous navigation and loadmore feature for grid, list and tile display styles
Translation ready with RTL Support
- Sample POT file included for translation
- Supports languages with rtl orientation
- Compatible with translation plugins like Loco Translate and qTranslate X
- Multi Sidebar layouts for posts
- 3 Single post styles – Full width, Full Header and Inline Header
- Automated featured images per post (can be disabled from customizer)
- Video post format
- Social sharing buttons (15+) with floating share button on single post
- Inline advertisement areas per post (before and after main content)
- Related posts based on category or tags
- Author bio with avatar and description
- Social follow buttons in author bio
- Floating Next/Previous posts navigation with thumbnail and title
- Multi level nested comments with gravatar support
- 1 top widget area
- 1 header widget area (for logo + banner style layout)
- 2 global widget areas before and after main content
- 2 inline widget areas before and after single post content
- 2 sidebar widget areas
- 1 secondary widget area with 8 columns support (columns can be set via customizer)
- 1 footer widget area with 8 columns support (columns can be set via customizer)
- Optimized for SEO and schema microdata
- Semantic and heirarchical markup
- Internal links on single posts via related posts
- Supports Yoast SEO plugin
- WooCommerce 3.6.x ready with built in style support and integration
- Fontawesome 5.9.0 icon library included
- Google fonts via Customizer
- WordPress Custom background supported
- WordPress site icon (favicon) supported
- Valid HTML5 markup on theme generated data
- Supported on all modern browsers, IE 9 and above
- Pre configured Child theme included in main download
- Step by step documentation guide and help manual for theme installation and setup
- Filter and action hooks applied wherever possible and required
- Sample site data included in XML format. Includes posts.xml, pages.xml and home layouts in JSON data for Elementor.
- Performs above average with pagespeed tests. (Further depends upon how many modules are used on a page and with what size images.)
- Theme developed and tested up to WordPress 5.3.x, php 5.5.12 to 7.3.5 and MySQL 5.7.26
= Nov 16, 2020 - v1.5.0 = * Added option for 'Filter by Author' on Author archives page - See WP Post Modules > Content > Query > Author archive filtering (This option is useful when module shortcode is placed in widget areas on author archive page. Module shortcode can be generated using Elementor Pro or Anywhere Elementor plugin ). * Added option for left/center/right alignment of Ajax Navigation buttons - See WP Post Modules > Style > Ajax Options > Navigation Align * Added absolute position option for Author Avatar - See WP Post Modules > Style > Post Meta > Avatar Position Absolute * Fixed: php notice for undefined publisher logo * Tweak: Removed overflow: hidden from the wppm-grid container - Using a box shadow on the container causes shadow to clip. Now it is fixed. ** Important: Please clear browser caches after updating the theme
= Aug 30, 2020 - v1.4.0 = ** WP Post Modules Plugin Updates * Added option for equal height columns - See WP Post Modules > Style > Display > Equal Height Columns * Added options for controlling author avatar size, margin and border radius - See WP Post Modules > Style > Post Meta > Author Avatar (Enable this toggle to see more options below) * Fixed: Content box shadow hiding within parent containers * Added text shadow option for post titles - See WP Post Modules > Style > Title > Text Shadow * Ensured compatibility with WordPress 5.5
= May 03, 2020 - v1.3.0 = * Added sticky navbar support for tablet and mobile * Fixed: Flex property for site branding logo set to 1 0 auto;
= Apr 25, 2020 - v1.2.8 = * Fixed: List style archive posts overlapping sidebar content
= Apr 15, 2020 - v1.2.7 = * Added vendor specific CSS Flexbox properties for cross-browser compatibility
= Apr 05, 2020 - v1.2.6 = * Fixed: Site title color not honoring customizer setting * Fixed: Twitter share code updated as per latest Twitter API
= Dec 11, 2019 - v1.2.5 = * Fixed: Breadcrumb schema error on category archive pages
= Dec 06, 2019 - v1.2.4 = * Fixed: CSS "word-break: break-all" property causing unwanted word breaks - Changed to "word-break: normal"
= Nov 23, 2019 - v1.2.3 = * Fixed: Validation errors in breadcrumbs schema markup * Fixed: Post Modules Ticker not working in RTL layout - Update the WP Post Modules Plugin (included) * Fixed: Scroll to top button position in RTL layout * Fixed: Replaced "break-word" deprecated property with "break-all" for word-break
= Oct 18, 2019 - v1.2.2 = * Fixed: Main menu not showing in iPad pro * Fixed: Search form misaligned in header style 3
= Oct 02, 2019 - v1.2.1 = * Added option for hiding post meta on single posts - See Appearance > Customize > Single Posts > Show post meta
= Sep 11, 2019 - v1.2.0 = * WP Post Modules Plugin update * Added custom field option for image source - See WP Post Modules > Style > Images > Image Source * Added link options for post image - See WP Post Modules > Style > Images > Image Link - Choose as permalink, media file or none * Added lightbox support for post images - See WP Post Modules > Style > Images > Image Link (Choose Media File) > Lightbox * Added custom field option for post title See WP Post Modules > Style > Title > Title Source * Ensured compatibility with Advanced Custom Fields Plugin - Custom fields generated via ACF supported on post image, title and excerpt
= Aug 23, 2019 - v1.1.0 = * Added 2 new Home page layouts - Import using /dummy_data/demos/demo_11.json and demo_12.json * Added responsive controls in WP Post Modules plugin for the following settings: - Category links padding and margin - Ajax Load More button padding and margin - Ajax loadmore button border radius - Ajax navigation buttons padding and margin - Post title margin - Excerpt Margin - Category links row margin - Post meta row margin - Social links outer margin (inline style) * Added span and sup tag style support inside navigation links - Example usage: Services <sup>New</sup> * Fixed: WooCommerce registration page columns not aligned in one row * Ensured compatibility with WooCommerce 3.7.0
= Initial release =
Thank you for browsing the theme. If you have any query related to the theme, feel free to ask me on item comments section, or send me a mail from my ThemeForest profile message box. I’d be glad to respond. Support for purchased product is provided via item comments section and emails.