Meet Quadro, a sleek blog theme for Tumblr with an emphasis on sharing. Quadro has a flexible masonry layout with blocks of different sizes. Simply use tags to “embiggen” posts to draw attention to them. The sharing widget makes your posts even more discoverable thanks to its beautiful design, and the full-featured sidebar can be hidden off-canvas, or “pinned” on desktop screens. Take a look at the demos—blogging has just become a tad more stylish!
Quadro uses CSS3 properties—gradients, drop shadows, transparency—and SVG (scalable vector graphics) for all of the icons and user interface. This ensures that your website will look great on any device, no matter its screen resolution or pixel density. You can use a text logo or an image one, with an option to upload a retina logo image as well.
Ajax post loading and endless scrolling
Choose between regular static pagination links, Ajax post loading with the click of a button, or true endless scrolling without the need for user interaction.
Off-canvas sidebar with plenty of widgets
The off-canvas sidebar can be optionally “pinned” on large screens, which means it will be always visible on the left above a certain screen width. The included widgets are: Navigation and search, Twitter, Dribbble, Flickr, Instagram and the Social widget.
Flexible Masonry layout
The homepage grid is made-up of columns that are about 300 pixels wide. Each block can span a single column, or you can use the special tags medium and large so they span two or three columns instead. You can also limit the grid width to four, three or two columns.
Focus on sharing
Both on the homepage and individual pages, each post features a widget with “reblog”, “like” and “share” actions prominently, with an stylish and exclusive design.
Responsive photoset grids lets you arrange your images in any way you want.
“Fake” titles for image, audio and video posts
You can display a title for this post types on the homepage by simply highlighting the first caption paragraph and making it bold.
Social Icon Links
Links to your favorite social networks are displayed at the bottom of the sidebar. These are the included social links: Bandcamp, Behance, Blogger, Delicious, Deviantart, Digg, Dribbble, Email, Etsy, Facebook, Flickr, Forrst, Foursquare, Github, Google Plus, Instagram, Lastfm, Linkedin, Myspace, Picasa, Pinboard, Pinterest, Quora, Rdio, Reddit, Rss, Skype, Soundcloud, Spotify, Squarespace, Stumbleupon, Tumblr, Twitter, Vimeo, Wordpress, and Youtube.
Support for all post types
Quadro supports Text, Photo, Quote, Link, Chat, Audio, Video, and Answer post types.
- Support for user created pages.
- Text or image based logo with optional retina version.
- Google Web Fonts for headings and logo.
- Support for Disqus commenting system.
v1.2.6 March 24, 2016
v1.2.5 December 27, 2015
- New: ArtStation and Vine social icons and updated existing social icons.
- Fixed: Updated the Dribbble Widget to work with the new Dribbble API.
v1.2.4 July 16, 2015
- New: Featured tags navigation dropdown.
- New: Option to display captions on the index page (for photo, audio, and video posts).
- Improved: Better handling of Instagram videos.
v1.2.3 May 07, 2015
- Fixed “fake” titles on permalink pages when using the standard version of the theme.
- Other minor fixes.
v1.2.2 March 04, 2015
- New: Option to make the blog header full-width.
- CSS: Style improvements for inline content inside posts captions/descriptions.
- Improved: Video embeds inside posts captions/descriptions are now responsive.
- Fixed: When using the alternative permalink layout, retina versions of images would not be loaded for photo posts.
- Updated: new deviantArt icon.
v1.2.1 February 24, 2015
- Fixed: Creation of “fake” titles works with both
v1.2.0 September 22, 2014
- New: Header background image slider.
- Fixed: loading posts with Ajax on tag pages when the tag contains special characters
- Fixed: Dribbble widget 404 error when some image resolutions are not available.
- Minor fixes and improvements.
v1.1.1 July 25, 2014
- Fixed: Post caption not showing on post permalink page when using the alternative layout.
v1.1.0 July 22, 2014
- New: Alternative version included. Permalinks mimic the homepage posts layouts.
- New: Option to display the navigation underneath the header.
- New: Option to filter Flickr widget photos by tags.
- New: Option to display photos Exif data on permalinks (default permalink layout only).
- Improved: Better script logic when setting the sidebar height.
- Improved: Custom audio player plays audio files more reliably now.
- Minor CSS improvements.
v1.0.1 July 01, 2014
- New: Dropdown menu for pages is now optional (See: “Enable Pages Dropdown”).
- Fixed: Ajax post loading on tag pages.
- Fixed: Support for Tumblr video player.
- Fixed: YouTube Flash player z-index issue.
- Fixed: Request Like status for individual posts.
- Fixed: Retrieving Video poster images (for Pinterest pins).
- Improved: Changed social icons CSS class to circumvent Ad-blocking add-ons.
v1.0.0 April 09, 2014
- Initial release