Safarica is a smart and creative professional WordPress blog theme, created by experienced WordPress developers. A perfect choice for your personal, niche, corporate or creative blog.
Safarica is flexible and easily extendable and it provides a wide variety of features. Every custom feature is developed to be WordPress friendly, so if you are familiar with using WordPress you’ll love how easy you can set it up – no coding required!
Safarica features list
- Custom Colors For Posts and Pages – Add a specific color to each post or page with the easy-to-use color pickers. Make your most important stories stand out.
- Unique Featured Area – Display your most important content in several different ways with Safarica’s attractive featured area sliders.
- Flexible Blog Layouts – You can choose from several different blog page templates. Each blog page can display posts from one or more specific categories, so you can have a different layout and style for each category.
- Flexible Post Display Options – For each blog page you can choose what post data you want to display. Hide tags or categories on some blog pages, while displaying full content on others.
- Video And Gallery Posts – Safarica provides support for featured YouTube and Vimeo videos as well as for image galleries. You can use it as featured media instead of the common featured image.
- Responsive Design – Your content will scale seamlessly on all of today’s modern devices including desktops, laptops, tablets and mobile phones
- Branding – Safarica provides options for unlimited fonts and color combinations, as well as dedicated sections to upload your logo and icons
- Social Sharing Integrated – Safarica provides full social sharing integration for your blog posts. Simply choose and reorder the social networks you wish to use.
- Custom Widgets – Alongside the standard WordPress widgets, Safarica features several custom widgets that further extend its functionality.
- Shortcodes – Add complex elements to your content easily with 12 flexible shortcodes – columns, highlights, dropcaps, buttons, pull quotes, progress bars and social icons, to name just a few.
- Unlimited Sidebars – You can create as many sidebars as you need and connect them to specific posts or pages. The footer area is also widgetized!
- Built-in Theme Translator – Easily modify or translate any text on your website through the theme options panel.
- One Click Updates – You can connect your website with the Envato official API to be notified about upcoming updates through your Admin Dashboard. Every time a Typology update is released, you can update with a single click, just like you would for any other theme hosted on the official WordPress repository.
- Setup guide – Learn step-by-step, how to setup Typology and all of its options, quickly and easily with our comprehensive documentation.
- One-click demo content import – Demo content is included, so you get a website similar to our demo, ready to start tweaking!
- Fixed: Pages in admin edit screen not displaying metaboxes when WP 5.x used Classic Editor plugin
- Added: Styling for Blocks (coming with the new WordPress editor in version 5.0)
- Improved: Fully tested and ready for WordPress 5.0
- Improved: Envato Market plugin is now recommended for theme updates
- Fixed: Several minor styling issues
- Added: Initial support for the upcoming new WordPress content editor (Gutenberg)
- Improved: Styling for GDPR cookie consent checkbox field in comment form
* Added: Option to enter Google Maps API key for contact form template (Theme Options -> Contact) * Improved: Redux theme options framework major update * Fixed: Video support for https websites * Fixed: Minor CSS fixes
* Fixed: Safarica widgets throwing notices in WordPress 4.3 if WP_DEBUG mode is enabled1.5
* Added: RTL support (for right to left writing/reading) * Added: Now blog page templates can be used for home page as well * Added: Allow shortcodes inside page subtitles * Added: Support for paginated content on pages using <!--nextpage--> tag * Added: Option to use home page content editor for welcome box text instead of general option (handy for multilingual websites) * Improved: Dynamic CSS from theme options now uses different logic to improve page speed * Improved: Prevented pagination issue on homepage caused by Facebook WordPress plugin * Fixed: Missing shortcodes button image in WP 3.9 * Fixed: Pagination issue on search page when using more than one word in search query1.4
* Added: Built-in translation options for easy string translation or replacing * Added: Theme Updater in theme options - One Click Updates! * Added: Support for paginated posts using <!--nextpage--> tag * Added: Option to remove prev/next post links on single post template * Added: Option to hide post titles in slider * Added: wp_title hook for better compatibility with SEO plugins * Added: Possibility to exclude main top navigation * Added: Soundcloud social icon * Added: Foursquare social icon * Improved: Exclude comments icon if post comments are closed * Improved: Minor CSS improvements1.3
* Added: Author Widget * Added: Social Profiles Options for each User * Added: Couple of SEO improvements across entire theme * Added: Google Authorship Support * Added: Option to select "latest + sticky posts" on home page * Added: Option to select "latest + sticky posts" in slider * Added: CC and BCC email options for built-in contact * Added: Autoplay option for Safarica Posts Widget * Added: Safarica custom widgets support for "Accessibility mode" * Added: Add comments support on pages * Added: Child theme included in package * Fixed: Contact form map scrolling issue * Fixed: User website URL not showing in comments * Fixed: Responsive CSS improvements * Fixed: Minor CSS fixes
* Added: Option to specify header/navigation bar height * Added: Option to manually position your logo * Added: Option for custom logo URL * Added: Option to display video/gallery featured media on home/blog/archive pages * Fixed: Flexslider Windows 8 / Chrome bug * Fixed: Fixed header search bug
1.1 – August 30, 2013.
* Added: Option to pin header to top * Fixed: Slyder type option bug * Fixed: Tag archives title style bug * Fixed: Wpautop filter conflict with some plugins * Fixed: Minor CSS issues
* Initial release
- jquery.flexslider-min.js – http://flexslider.woothemes.com
- masonry.pkgd.min.js – http://masonry.desandro.com
- imagesloaded.pkgd.min.js – https://github.com/desandro/imagesloaded
- selectnav.min.js – https://github.com/lukaszfiszer/selectnav.js
- jquery.carouFredSel-6.2.0-packed.js – http://caroufredsel.dev7studios.com
- Redux Options Framework – http://reduxframework.com/
- Simple PHP Captcha script – http://www.abeautifulsite.net/blog/2011/01/a-simple-php-captcha-script/
- Pixelentity Theme Update Class – http://pixelentity.com/
- Fontello – http://fontello.com
Images used on demo website are purchased from ShutterStock and they are all credited to their respective creator/owner. These images are not included in theme package.