Scoop is a user-friendly and very flexible magazine theme for WordPress. Build layout with the intuitive drag’n drop Visual Composer page builder and customize your content using a wide range of element settings, color and font options and your result is guaranteed to look fresh, unique and contemporary.
With the built-in review system you can easily let your oppinion be known and put a rating on anything. Add to this great support for placing ads anywhere even in the background as full take-over style ad campaigns and you can be sure to monetize your content.
- Responsive design and HD/Retina ready.
- Boxed or full width layout.
- Multiple header variations with options for sticky header.
- Smart footer resizes to accomodate active widget areas.
- Choose between grid or classic layout for blog/archive pages.
- Supports unlimited colour variations.
- Add custom CSS straight from admin area.
- Built-in review system with unlimited rating parameters.
- Built-in “like” functionality lets your users appreciate your content.
- Readers can rate comments by giving them a “thumbs up” or “thumbs down”.
- Isotope galleries and slider gallery with thumb navigation.
- Lightbox functionality to showcase images.
- Control resolution. Great when working with smaller images.
- Search with live suggestions and autocomplete.
- Lazy load animation effect.
- Auto update checks and “One Click” theme updates
- Import and export theme settings.
- Import and export widgets.
- Widgets Manager lets you create custom widget areas.
- Translation/localization ready with ready-to-go .pot file,
- WPML compatible and Multilingual ready.
- Built-in language menu.
Documentation & support
- Contextual help to walk you through each theme setting.
- Extensive documentation that can be accessed straight from dashboard.
- Dedicated support forum.
- SEO friendly.
- Great support for ads in header, content, footer and sidebar areas.
- Highly customizable background that allows for ad placement for takeover style ad campaigns.
- Great support for embeddable media (e.g. Vimeo, Youtube, Soundcloud etc.)
- Custom Twitter widget can display tweets styled to fit theme.
- Custom Facebook widget.
- Visual Composer plugin included.
- Revolution Slider plugin included.
- Envato WordPress Toolkit included.
- Supports Contact Form 7.
- Demo content files included.
- Child theme included.
- 600+ Google Webfonts.
- 350+ Font Awesome icons.
- 250+ Flag icons makes it easy to set up a language menu for multilingual sites.
- 23 custom shortcodes and 9 custom HTML snippets.
- 16 custom widgets.
- 45+ standard Visual Composer elements.
- 5 theme exclusive building blocks for Visual Composer.
- 6 different page templates.
- 6 different post styles.
- 4 different post formats.
- 8 predefined color skins.
Version 1.2 (March 23, 2017)
UPDATED: Visual Composer plugin to version 5.1 UPDATED: Password protected posts and pages will not display comments until password is entered. FIXED: Child theme now enqueues stylesheets correctly.Version 1.1 (January 20, 2017)
ADDED: Option to put search button in menus. ADDED: Option to include pages and custom post types in search results. ADDED: Fashion Magazine demo added to the download bundle. UPDATED: Responsive menu button is now translatable. FIXED: Featured archive post now shows correct publish date. FIXED: List bullets no longer showing on comments in IE browsers.
Credits and disclaimer
NB: Preview images are NOT included in purchase and necessary licenses must be obtained for use of certain images (Shutterstock).