This author's response time can be up to 1 business day.
Is there a way to update both Revolution Slider and Visual Composer?
I really need to update those.
Also, I have purchased the full Visual Composer plugin, so do I have to delete the built in one first to install this?
Thank you for using our theme!
Are you using the latest theme version (1.5.7) with the included plugins?
Unfortunately only our version of the Visual Composer plugin is compatible with the theme as we customized it’s features for the theme original design.
We’re sorry for the inconvenience!
If you have any further questions, please contact us on our dedicated support center here: http://krownthemes.com/wordpress-support-contact/ .
So does this mean I cannot use the purchased VC? Also, is that the only way to update RS? By manually downloading and uploading?
Unfortunately yes, only the adapted VC version works in the theme as page builder.
Are you using the latest theme version? You can try the automatic update for the theme and the Rev Slider will be also updated to the latest version.
If this doesn’t work then you can manually upload the Revolution Slider zip file via ftp. You can find the file in the theme package here: shadow/includes/plugins/revslider.zip.
I updated the latest theme and now the slider and visual composer wont update. Do I need to do something different?
Please make sure that you don’t have a child theme active when you update the theme as the bundled plugins won’t update also in this case.
If the plugins cannot be automatically updated please update them manually via FTP – you can find the plugins files in the theme package under includes/plugins folder (js_composer.zip , revslider.zip).
We have this article in our documentation about how to update: http://wordpress-support.krownthemes.com/article/351-how-to-update-your-theme-with-envato-wordpress-toolkit .
I followed how to update, I even tried manually through FTP and its still says I need to update visual composer or purchase the license.
I dont have a child theme either
Version 18.104.22.168 | By Michael M – WPBakery.com | View details
There is a new version of WPBakery Visual Composer available. View version 4.12 details. Automatic update is unavailable for this plugin. To receive automatic updates license activation is required. Please visit settings to activate your Visual Composer. Got Visual Composer in theme?
Im getting that message above, I dont have a child theme I have updated and also tried manually updating the my ftp and its still not working.
We understand the desire to keep up to date with various updates, however, if the updates are not critical (bugs or security issues), we do not include them always. It’s hard to update all of our themes whenever an update appears for an included plugin.
If you want to always be up to date, then yes, you need to purchase separate licenses, because obviously, these cannot be included in the price of the theme.
And if you have further issues, please contact us directly on our support system: http://krownthemes.com/wordpress-support-contact/
Thats totally fine, but my visual composer isnt working. I can make any changes to my pages. Its not about updating its about it working properly. I guess I’ll try support.
It is not working properly because you probably don’t have the latest version which is available in the theme.. Make sure that you install the latest version of the theme, then remove the plugin completely and install it from scratch through the panel that prompts you to do so.
The version of visual composer in this theme does not work with the latest version of WordPress (4.5.)
Please update the theme with to the latest 1.5.8 version where we’ve included the Visual Composer 4.11.1 that has the support for the new WordPress version.
Please see this article from our documentation about how to update using the Envato WordPress toolkit plugin: http://wordpress-support.krownthemes.com/article/351-how-to-update-your-theme-with-envato-wordpress-toolkit .
Visual Composer lists version 4.11.2 as the one that adds WordPress 4.5 compatibility. (I am running Shadow 1.5.8 with VC 4.11.1.)
Probably more helpful if I include the error from my console: “Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: .ui-tabs-nav [href=#tab-1399654590922-2-5]”
It is true that there is another 4.11.2 VC version but we’ve already included the WP 4.5 support in our 4.11.1 version.
Please open a ticket on our dedicated support center here: http://krownthemes.com/wordpress-support-contact/ and include a link to your site and any other details about the errors that you have.
Hi Adi, is the theme compatible with WP 4.5? I find that most of the VC templates are broken with latest WP version. Thank you.
Yes, we’ve included the WP 4.5 support in our latest theme version.
Please update the theme to the latest 1.5.8 version where we’ve included the Visual Composer 4.11.1 version.
Here is an article from our documentation about how to update a theme using the Envato WordPress toolkit plugin: http://wordpress-support.krownthemes.com/article/351-how-to-update-your-theme-with-envato-wordpress-toolkit .
After a long Time i what to update the Theme and i have some Questions about it. i install in a subfolder the theme version 1.5.9 incl. WP 4.5.2. after that i found some „Problems“.
1. If i actived the Child Theme i can’t install the Krown Portfolio Plugin (Download Failed). All other Plugins can installed. If i first actived the Parent Theme than i can install the Krown Portfolio Plugin. After i install the Plugins and switch to the Child Theme it looks like the theme works.
2. after i install the new Version of the template the icons delete the Tabs if you choose Icon „None“ for the Tabs if i only what to use text. This happens if i use the VC Element Tabs.
3. if i what to add widgets via Design > Widgets i can add them burt they doesn’t displayed on the page. Same is if i try to add widgets via the theme options in the live view. in the live preview you can see the widgets on the pages not! Maybe a Bug?
4. Same is with the Revolution slider if i import the slider used slider template. the slider makes than problems with the backend and you doesn’t see the preview. the slider works with the „old“ template perfect.
5. where can i control the top and bottom padding of the wrapper (krwon_wrapper, wrapper clearfix, etc) , sometimes is 110 and 140 and a other time it is 50 and 150. a what it allways in the same style but i see that this is written inline so i can’t find settings for that
6. Is it possible to Change the Portfolio in „Fahrzeuge“ so that you have a url like www.mydomain.de/fahrzeuge/overview instead of www.mydomain.de/portfolio/overview?
1. The included plugins can only be installed when the parent theme is active.
2. I’m sorry for this issues and thank you for bringing it into our attention. We’ll make some tests and I’ll get back to you with a solution asap.
3. Please refresh the settings in the Theme Customizer – just select some different options and save them and then go back to your initial options.
4. Have you also updated the Rev Slider plugin? We didn’t have a similar error before.
5. Please use some Custom CSS in Theme Options > Custom CSS to overwrite the default wrapper padding where you need it.
6. Please see this article from our documentation: http://wordpress-support.krownthemes.com/article/54-change-portfolio-slug
Thanks a lot for your fast answer.
1. okay. If i want to use i must first actived the parent theme install and actived all needed plugins and after this actived the child theme. right?
2. okay, i want for your response
3. okay. i try it with change settings and now it works.
4. yes i have. to test the the last update of the theme i first make a clean install in a subfolder to try whats happen wenn i import the content from the older theme version. with this clean installation i install the revslider in Version 5.2.5 (as in your theme include folder). also i try to delete the complete folder und upload the unziped folder again. maybe the slider from the older version brakes the backend of the plugin but the buttons for the four standrad display previews from the newer version doesn’t show anymore after import the slider zip file. at the moment the backend of the slider looks in this way
i will try if i can set up a complete new slider, or is it possible to update i fewer steps. at the moment the version ist 4.6.93.
thanks and your you soon for the open point 2.
Ruben here – i’ll respond to your last opened issue, which is think is point #2.
Indeed, there is a strange error related to icons, so until we fix it, i can help you bypass this, by suggesting to always choose the first icon “about us”, and make the tabs work with it.
Then paste this code inside Appearance > Theme Options > Custom CSS in order to hide that specific icon:
If you have further issues or questions, please contact us via our dedicated support website, as it’s much easier to keep track of everything there.
okay, thanks for the info and i wait for the bug fix.
a last question is if which is the easiest way to translate the theme. i see their are two theme .pot files (default.pot and tree options.pot). with for example loco translation i can only change one of them. can you explain which .pot file is for what?
thanks and a nice weekend
Change default.pot .. That’s the theme’s translation file – the other one is for some options in the admin..
thanks for the information. i found some more things with the layout
1. in the case of the icon „problem“ i see if i hide the icon it uses den space anymore and the text doesn’t fits in the middle
2. Under Chrome Browser the preview of the icons not available if you what to choose it in the backend. you only can see the names.
3. Round border on mobile devices. if you visit the site on a mobile device the tabs have standard a grey small border with round curves. if you visit (actived) a second tab (example startpage v4) the black tab have no round borders.
4. maybe possible to optimize the mobile support. for example the tabs are not looking fine. on smartphone the tabs are order under each other (that’s okay), but doesn’t have the same width than the border under the tabs. till now i have you extra css code to modify it but this is not so smooth.
5. how does the theme handle pictures for retina displayes. i see that in some parts of the theme (single picture element in text elements) the pictures go unsharp on mobile retina devices.
6. Arrow up and down. if you use the accordions and have more than two rows (for example on mobile devices) the up and down arrow fixed at the top of the element and not centered to the text on the right side. is only a minimal thing but for me it looks a bit better if the circle with the arrow are centered to the right text (horizontal in a line, independently how long the text is).
1. Is it possible to order the colums in different ways on different devices? for example: on a desktop 4 rows in a line is is okay, but on the tablet the rows are very small. on a smartphone this four rows are under each other. so is it possible to say the theme that he handle this four colums so that only two rows are in one line (on a tablet)?
2. how can i control mouse over only in content text (hover same color as link and underline), without have the changing in other link (buttons, etc.)
3. can i use anchor in content text to link tabs?
4. is it possible to change the hearth icon at the bottom of the post to a star?
Please use our dedicated support channel for any future questions that you might have. I’ve kindly asked for this before, we do not aswner replies here..
Also, if you’re looking for extensive custom work, please consider hiring a developer for the job – our support terms only include setup questions, not help with custom tasks.
We shouldn’t have to worry about having a child theme activated when updating your theme, what gives?
Can’t you use get_template_directory() instead of get_stylesheet_directory() in /includes/plugins.php instead?
Nope, it’s perfectly ok..
How is that okay?
When I have the child-theme active, it will not be able to find [..]/shadow-child/includes/plugins/js_composer.zip (the stylesheet directory) because the actual files are in [..]/shadow/includes/plugins/js_composer.zip (the template directory).
Well yes, unfortunately you cannot install the plugins when you have the child theme active. You need to activate the parent theme in order to update the plugins, after which you can activate your parent theme again..
But now i understand what you’re saying – the theme is looking for the plugins using get_stylesheet_directory() which returns you to the child theme folder obviously, instead of the parent theme directory.
So thanks for the tip – we’ll change this in future updates.
That would be great.
This will make updating easier on all of us (that are using the child theme)! ????????
The currency Symbol in the CART is on the right side on the currency. PLEASE let me know of an update ASAP.
Thanks for the notice! We have an update planned for today and we will tackle this bug as well!
Is that theme available for Joomla also?
Love the speed and design! Can i try this out? Or is there a demo where i can log in and try the theme options? I want to know if theme options can change the backgrounds throughout the site (like the7 etc …) without a lot of custom css or modifying theme files. I’d reallly like to see exactly what the theme options are and how they work before buying it.
Thank you for your interest in our theme!
Unfortunately Envato doesn’t have a system to try the themes prior the purchase without having access to the theme code.
About the background colors, every row has the option to easily assign a specific background color.
We’ve included all the theme features in the online demo. Also please take a look at our theme documentation: http://wordpress-support.krownthemes.com/category/59-getting-started .
Please let me know if you have any other questions!
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $23.50
Power Elite Author