Smash: A personal, super-customizable, multi-layout WordPress theme
Thank you so much for having a look at Smash!
The goal with Smash was to build a truly unique and expressive WordPress blogging theme. Starting with the unique menu, unmissable position of the author image in the header, big headlines, full-screen images, and ending with multiple layouts and placing an insane amount of customization options at your fingertips, Smash is Bonfire’s most personal, varied and option-filled theme yet.
We wanted to offer a well-defined, instantly memorable design and
- through a selection of layouts that are different but still unmistakeably Smash - last you a long time.
Please do have a look at Smash’s demos site here as well as the rest of the content on this page to find out more information about some of the more stand-out elements of the theme, as well as what you can expect when you purchase a Bonfire product.
Features rundownYou can find a lengthier description of Smash’s features on the demo site here, but here’s quick and handy list of the theme’s features for all the list lovers out there (guilty as charged):
- 4 front page layouts
- 4 single post layouts
- unique & customizable profile page
- extremely clean, well-defined, fully-responsive liquid design
- ridiculously customizable
- super unique and customizable full-screen menu and a 2-level, icon-supported drop-down menu
- Gravatar display on all posts/pages
- easy logo uploader enabled
- full-screen, widget-supported Canvas slide
- beautiful and subtle use of CSS3 and jQuery animations
- clean and minimal comment form
- touch-enabled gallery (customized PhotoSwipe)
- ready for translation/localization (.mo, .po files included)
- contact form with validation
- ready-to-edit child theme included
- tested on several browsers across multiple operating systems and devices (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera, iOS, Android)
- fully retina-ready
- a ton of extremely customizable shortcodes: alerts, progress bars, text highlighting, dividers, buttons, boxes etc. + shortcodes for YouTube, Vimeo, USTREAM, DailyMotion, Blip.tv + easy shortcode for placing content in columns (text, images, as well as video)
- extensive documentation
UPDATE 1.7 - Main menu button now animates into an "X" when menu is opened
UPDATE (No version change) - Just a quick styling change: when a post's comments have been closed, existing comments now have extra top padding so they wouldn't be so close to the edge.
UPDATE 1.6 - Added option to easily customize tab names on "Grid" layout
UPDATE 1.5 - Added separate page color customization options under Appearance > Customize > Pages
UPDATE 1.4 - Added feature to loading screen: a close button will now appear after 7 seconds, allowing users to get past the loading screen if for example a third-party embed takes too long to load or isn't loading correctly
UPDATE 1.3 - "Wide" layout now also available on the blog index - added option to add Spotify button to profile page - fixed jumpy featured story animation in Chrome - updated FontAwesome icon set to newest version (now even wider icon selection for menus etc.)
UPDATE 1.2 - added "Classic" blog index layout
UPDATE 1.1 Per customer requests: - added option to add LinkedIn button to profile page - added option to allow profile page social buttons to be opened in new browser tabs - the featured story button's icon and tooltip text in the header can now be customized similarly to the Canvas button