SocialChef is a beautiful, clean and responsive WordPress theme that comes with advanced search and front-end submissions as well as community features such as member profiles and activity feeds. Want to feature chefs and recipes? You got it! This theme will definitely help you build a robust and lively food social community quickly.
- Responsive Layout
- Clean and Modern Design
- SEO Optimized
- Schema.org compatible
- Translation & WPML Ready
- BuddyPress & bbPress Fully Integrated
- WooCommerce support
- Front-End Recipe Submissions
- Advanced Search
- Extensive Theme Options
- RTL support
- Premium Font Icons
- 12 Predefined Color Schemes
- and much more
What our customers say
Great theme with great support!
Really great theme.. I will do so much with it!
Great theme! The Guys are very quick with very useful Support and get back to you quickly. Look forward to seeing more from themeenergy.
01 July 2016
- WooCommerce 2.5* compatibility - Compatibility fix with BuddyPress 2.6 - Fixed recipe pagination last and first links. - Enabled cover images for profile and groups. - Recipes either public or draft, not public or private. - Added filter socialchef_breadcrumbs to allow removal of breadcrumbs via functions.php - Added instagram profile uri to social widget - Added cover image dimensions for group profile pages - Hide reset password page in menus from logged in users. - Hide submit recipe page in menus from logged out users. - Fixed rewrite tags so that we can have page /recipes and also individual recipe links /recipes/recipe-x - Improved search to show correct tab based on query string. - Added css class to show more button in recipe list widget. - Hide widget titles if titles are empty.
13 November 2015
- Removed socialchef.sample.xml - Updated other sample files - Fixed featured member widget bug when member hasn't posted any activity. - Fixed translation of admin fields when po file is used. - Fixed reset password page. - Fixed duplicate title and desctiption in site title. - Fixed various bbpress and buddypress css issues - Replaced font icon
22 August 2015
- Upgraded widgets to WP4.3 and PHP5.0 standard - Fixed pinterest image_uri problem in widget share - Several css issues fixed
26 June 2015
-Security update for the prettyPhoto plugin
19 June 2015
- Introduced better rounding for fraction display introduced (where in 0.33 before was shown as 33/100 it is now shown as 1/3 which is more appropriate) - Added tag archive template for listing archive of posts by tag. - Allow commas to be used in ingredient/nutritional amount fields for decimal separator instead of dot. - Always show call to action instead of just to logged out users. - Fixed saving of featured user (when user is unmarked as featured). - WooCommerce right sidebar issue resolved. - Fixed comment date issue where all comments were showing the date of the post instead of date of comment. - Fixed several css issues. - Improved responsive css. - Replaced SocialChef in Numbers icons with FontAwesome icons. - Fixed avatar cropping issues to be in line with BuddyPress 2.3 improvements. - Introduced 800x600 and 400x300 image sizes and better image cropping (Note: users should use "Force regenerate thumbnails" plugin to regenarate thumbnails after this fix).
v1.2: 24 April 2015
- Added print button to single recipe page. - Added fractional frontend display of ingredient and nutritional value amounts to single recipe page. - Fixed My Account -> My recipes pagination 404 error in BuddyPress member profiles. - Added category count/number limit to category list widget. - Added script to equalize heights of recipes and posts in card list mode. - Removed var_dump code from login screen when error is encountered. - Added feature to email admin when recipe is submitted from frontend. - Added dynamic sidebar selection to all custom pages. When a page is created or updated, user can select placement of sidebars to be shown on said page. - Fixed bug where apostrophe ' submitted from front end turned into \' escaped apostrophe. - Updated code so that only super admins can mark users as featured. - Added SSL support fix for page-user-login.php. - Users can now save recipes as draft even when admin has marked recipes to be published immediatelly upon submission - Fixed home page intro widget so it shows different message to users when they are logged in as opposed to when they are logged out. - Added recipe count to buddypress member profile menu. - Added option to set sidebar position for all woocommerce pages. - Added WooCommerce support - Added 1566 Premium vector icons - Rewritten RTL stylesheet - Resolved several css issues - Updated SampleData - Updated Documentation The following two fixes are in relation to the following post: http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/security-vulnerability-affecting-wordpress-plugins-and-themes/173011 - Properly escaped add_query_arg calls with esc_url and esc_url_raw (fixes possible vulnerability) - Upgraded TGM-Plugin-Activation to 2.4.1 to properly escape add_query_arg (fixes possible vulnerability)
v1.11: 22 January 2015
- Fixed front end submit autosuggest for ingredients and nutritional info broken after last upgrade. - Fixed so that favorited recipes shows up in My favorite recipes even when user is not author of same. - Fixed call to action link on home page. - Several small css issues fixed.
v1.1: 15 January 2015
- Added Schema.org compatibility for our recipes and blog posts. - Added "Add to favorites" and "Remove from favorites" feature when BuddyPress is used. - Added "My recipes" and "My favorites" feature in buddypress user dashboard (frontend). - Added decimals for ingredient amounts. - Fixed issue with recipe front-end submit not working if "immediate publish" is disabled. - Translation for "Back to top" was missing in two templates. Fixed. - Capitalized difficulty name when displayed in single-recipe.php - Fixed bbpress breadcrumbs home link. - Intro image height fix. - Fixed More recipes link on home not going anywhere when Theme option is properly set. - Switched recipe instructions and ingredients in mobile/tablet view, so that now ingredients show up first - Improved print output for single recipe
Official release: 13 December 2014