A: Often Themeforest buyers get confused on this matter.
Essentially there are 4 types of wp themes in respect of ecommerce:
- The theme provides no ecommerce support whatsoever in its code
- The theme provides some limited ecommerce support, at least to make certain that an ecommerce plugin will not cause a theme conflict
- The theme provides advanced ecommerce support, perhaps by way of both coding to eliminate conflicts with one or more ecommerce plugins, and potentially some specific code to facilitate certain features in one or more ecommerce plugins
- The theme is coded with an ecommerce plugin integrated into its core, and is styled to facilitate the look and workings of the integrated ecommerce plugin. Usually in this case no other ecommerce ability is available to this theme, it is restricted to the integrated plugin for ecommerce use.
Striking MultiFlex is a multipurpose theme, and it fits into the third category, being coded so that a variety of ecommerce plugins may work in it without conflict (this does not mean every single wp ecommerce plugin will work ->if you are concerned you should ask us in advance).
MultiFlex has custom page templates, features and admin functions for Woo Commerce. Both the catalog and single product pages are restyled, and have unique features and customizability.
HOWEVER, Striking MultiFlex many special built in features designed to work with any custom post based ecommerce plugin including WP-Ecommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, Cart66, Image Store, PayPal Simple, and more, including:
- Product Carousel slider
- supporting an alternative non-conflicting css class structure
- custom sidebars for product pages, categories and taxonomies
- custom feature headers and custom archive tittles and descriptions for ecommerce pages, categories and taxonomies
- editability of Shop and product pages for appearence such as titles, custom backgrounds, colors, fonts, layout, etc (usually the plugin installable template pages cannot be edited or altered)
These are powerful abilities that allow for us to be one of the most popular themes for ecommerce.
One can and many hundreds have, build a sophisticate ecommerce site with Striking. It is a very popular theme for this purpose but gives the added ability of being a completely workable theme for regular purposes, a typical issue with a dedicated ecommerce theme.
An added advantage is that given the large size of the Striking user base, our support forum has many questions on customizing the core features of plugins such as the Woo plugin.