This author's response time can be up to 1 business day.
What does a SoundCloud set look like on the masonry/grid view?
on demo page there’s a brick with embeded Soundcloud (“Engaging as tango”).
That’s one sound, what does a set/collection of sounds look like? (- :
It’s a same view, because we are just embedding Soundcloud. If you check demo again tyou’ll find collection from Soundcloud on the bottom (Dubstep)
I’m very interested in your theme, but before I buy, a question:
I want IFTTT to automatically post images from various sources to the wordpress site. All I want is for the image (featured image I guess) to appear in the grid (Or with title, thats fine) and a lightbox or whatever to come up when you click the image. It’s of vital importance that it doesn’t take you to a page where the blog page is, only a lightbox when you click the image.
Is it able to be setup like that? Or does it always take you to the blogpost when you click the featured image? Because I don’t think I’ll be able to get IFTTT to make a post a ‘gallery post format’ or whatever…
Thanks for your help!
we’ll check all the options with our development team and get back to you as soon as possible.
Thank you for your patience.
Can you please send us private msg with informations about importer that you are using?
Is it possible to add affiliate banners? or does it only work with Google Ad sense?
for advertising you can add custom ad tag, so it is off course possible to have affiliate or etc..
I can’t find where I can customize the header banner colors (the green and the blue… is there a way to do it? they are a bit too bright… thanks .
Can you send us private msg, so that we could send you how to do this?
I can’t seem to be able to share the grid contents on Pinterest.
Looks like a bug, as it won’t work on the demo either.
We’ll test this again and get back to you asap.
please send us private msg and we’ll send you fix for this, which we’ll be in published in our next update.
where is the difference between Category -> “Grid Category” and “Blog”? I can’t see Grids if I select “Grid Category”.
Do you also have more information about the backend features like “Page Builder” and “Front Page Manager”?
Thanks a lot,
Here is a screen shot for “Page Builder”
You can arrange boxes (order), add custom box (html, google adsense, facebook widget and etc), add posts/pages/categories, pin boxes and choose box sizes.
If you have any further questions we’ll be happy to assist you.
Hi and thanks for your answer!
I really like this theme and I have some further questions:
- Does sympagrid support Wordpress Child Themes?
- Is it possible to reload more articles on frontpage or categories by a “load more” link instead of infinite Scrolling?
- Is it then possible to ad a Footer?
- Are the colors of the Grid Boxes given by Category?
Thank you very much,
1. SympaGrid supports Child Themes and it goes together with Child Theme file. Also we have pluggable functions for much easier customization
2. No, you can’t add “load more” but you can turn off infinite scroll and load as many boxes as you want from start. For some other reasons we are considering to add ‘pagination’ on pages with infinite scroll. I can’t promise that it will be in our next update, but for now I can just say that we’re considering it seriously.
3. Footer is not an option, unless you do customization
4. Color of grid boxes are given by box size and you can change them easily via theme settings, but for categories you’ll need to customize
5. Infinite scroll would be a problem if all of site’s content is accessible only from such pages, then search crawlers wouldn’t be able to index your content. But.. except on front page, all posts and pages are accessible through: category pages (you can switch grid layout for categories globally or only for selected categories), tag pages and date archive pages.
Let’s step away from this theme for a moment. Here problem could be that a lot of your site’s pages with the similar (or even same content) could be indexed (remember that each post is on a category/tag page for each category/tag that it belongs to). And that lowers the search rank of all of those pages. That’s why popular SEO plugins (like SEO by Yoast) offer an option, in their settings, to prevent search engines to index your category and tag pages.
So your posts should be indexed well. Furthermore, if you plan to optimize your site you’ll probably generate an xml map of your site, often that’s also a feature of a popular SEO plugins, and register it at Google Webmasters Tools service (and similar service for Bing and any other search engines). Basically, xml map contains URLs to all of your site’s content and by submitting it to Webmaster service your telling crawlers of that search engine to index all of those links. Also, using those services you’ll be able to see which of your site’s pages are indexed and so on.
For some other reasons we are considering to add such ‘pagination’ on pages with infinite scroll. I can’t promise that it will be in our next update, but for now I can just say that we’re considering it seriously.
If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
FYI…Missing a file.
Installing Sympagrid Theme from uploaded file
Unpacking the package…
Installing the theme…
The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.
Theme install failed.
Hi. I bought your great theme.
I have a question of responsive. It seems like responsive does not work for my iphone5.
What’s going on?
Do I need to any command for working responsive?
can you please send us link to your Website or screen shots?
thanks replay. I can see your responsive demo site by iphone5. My site is http://helloeins.com/ I’m using Japanese language.
I solved the problem. The cause was the use of children theme. Now I’m using the original theme. Thank you.
There is one more question. I want to expand the width of the article contents in the smartphone display. It is too narrow for now.
Can you describe us what exactly do you think?
It’s much better and faster if you can send us private msg.
Hi, my name is Otacílio, i am from Brazil and i bought your theme.
I have a problem to solve.
In your theme, the background is white in the posts, but im my case the color is #c0c9cc.
Here a link of my site and a link of example.
How i change the color of background in the pages of content?
if you want to change ‘posts’ background color, paste this in “Custom CSS” (Theme settings -> Styling):
Sorry, something went wrong with text editor so this code was erased.
Please send us private msg and we’ll send you what you need to paste in Theme Settings.
how do I change collors from header menus?
please send us private msg and we’ll send you how to change colors.
Ok, how do I send you a Private?
I would also like to change the header colors? This doesn’t appear to be part of the theme configuration which is a bit weird?
can you please send us private msg for this?
We’ll send you info.
1. can i change the font size?
2. can i change pages footer ?
yes, you can change font sizes and we can help you.
Any footer changes requires customization for your side.
1. Is it possible for the header to remain the same size and not shrink when you scroll down the page?
2. Is it possible to change the colour of the header bars?
3. Is it possible to remove the ‘Share’ button under each post on the home page? Perhaps change it to say ‘Read More’ and click through to the full page article?
1. and 2. Yes, it’s possible but you’ll have to contact us for this
3. It’s possible to remove the Share button, but Read More is already inside boxes, so it will require a small changes (customization)
I’m trying to install the theme but the wordpress software, tell me that not found the page style.css.
Can you help me?
this is common WordPress installation issue.
Please follow the steps below to rectify this issue or watch the screencast.
1. Download the final zip file from your downloads page.
2. Unzip the final zip file; you should now have a final download folder.
3. Do NOT upload the final download folder. Open up the final download folder.
4. Browse the contents and find the actual theme folder. If you look inside the theme folder, you will see a “style.css” file. This is how you know you have found the theme folder.
5. Using an FTP client, upload ONLY the theme folder to your “wp-content/themes” folder.
6. Login to your WordPress admin panel and activate the theme.
1a. Can I add ubermenu to theme without customization? Ubermenu: http://codecanyon.net/item/ubermenu-wordpress-mega-menu-plugin/154703
1b. If not ubermenu can you recommend an alternative that does not require customization – perhaps a image gallery menu.
2. Can’t change colors in theme. How do you or I fix?
3. Theme imports both video thumbnails and video on the same post. I can send you link for example. How do I or you fix?
1) You could add Ubermenu to your theme and it will work but you’ll have to customize the way it looks (CSS). I suppose that goes for any other custom menu.
2) Which colors you can’t change? We’ve released update yesterday so please update your theme to the latest version and if problem still exists write us a private message or an email with a link to your website and we’ll take a closer look.
3) I don’t quite understand what’s the problem, can you please send us a link and we’ll take a look.
Hi. Great theme.
I am having a little difficulty and the SympaGrid.pdf documentation did not help.
How can I include the social media icons to the secondary menu? When I add a new menu item as a link, it adds the icons, but it also includes the word MENU ITEM.
You can see it on my site at www.andre-costa.com
Could you please advise what I am doing wrong?
we can’t really tell without taking a look at your backend but it looks like you’ve created a secondary menu with 3 menu items, which link to your social accounts, which have label ‘Menu item’.
Please check your menus section (Appereance -> Menus). You can delete that menu or just ‘de-attach’ it from secondary position.
Thank you for replying so quickly.
I actually followed the instructions listed on your PDF documentation, which is very brief.
Could you please point me where I can read a more thorough description on how to add the social media icon links to the menu or explain how to do so here in the forum?
I appreciate that. Thank you.
can you send us private msg and we’ll send you screen shots via mail?
Absolutely. Thank you!
as you can see I have an issue regarding the right side bar.
The bar is not attached to the content or works as an overlay over the content.
Thanks a lot
you should write on Ubergrid wall, nevertheless do you have latest version of Ubergrid theme installed?
Adsense allows 3 Ads on one page. How do you master this with the infinite scroll feature? Thanks
you can ad tags via custom box (Front Page Manager), not as infinite scroll ad, if you are using AdSense, only.
1. Which theme is supposed to be active? Regular theme or Child theme?
2. Are both supposed to be uploaded? One remains inactive?
You should active child theme when you are making some modifications in your theme’s code. If you put modifications in your child theme they wont be lost after theme is upgraded.
What code can I remove from Editor section of themes to make it white label w/o destroying the the theme?
I don’t quite understand what are you trying to achieve.
You’re talking about CSS code?
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $18.50
Unlimited downloads only
$29 p/m on Envato Elements
Download over 18,000 items now
Learn almost anything with
Envato Tuts+ for free
9000 free tutorials, 3000 paid courses
Designers matched perfectly to
you on Envato Studio
2000 artists ready to undertake your work