The Arcadian is a blog and portfolio theme designed to look beyond the typical corporate mold and give you the ultimate in WordPress creativity. Create a personal blog, a business website, a portfolio showcase website, or whatever you can come up with. The Arcadian is a true multi-purpose WordPress theme that displays beautifully across all devices.
Whether your website visitors are browsing from a Retina MacBook Pro, a Retina iPad, or any of the other high-resolution devices that inevitably will come onto the market, this theme has you covered. The theme’s stylesheets automatically check each website visiter’s device pixel-density ratio, and then serve up all of the theme’s details crafted for their specific resolution. The result is a graphically beautiful experience, no matter the device.
The entire theme, all the way down through the Theme Blvd Framework at the core, has been carefully built around the modern era of responsive web design. No longer should we be concerned with specifically just the iPad or the iPhone, but we need to focus on the entire mobile and tablet experience, as a whole. That is the approach we take at Theme Blvd.
Make sure to view the theme’s live demo on your various devices and browse through all of the demonstrated features.
With complete WordPress Customizer support, just the right amount of Theme Options, and logical default values, you’ll be sure to have a unique site that stands out above the rest, without having to sift through an endless abyss of configuration.
Many of our display options are pretty standard throughout our themes utilizing the Theme Blvd framework. These include standard features like selecting a custom sidebar layout, implementing a custom logo, with the option for it to be HiDPI/Retina-ready, etc. However, where you will find this theme’s truly unique stylistic options are under the “Styles” tab. —
You can choose from a light or dark style for the overall look of your website. And then comes your Accent Color and Menu Color. A color picker will allow you to select any color you want for these two options, giving a unique look, with these two colors being utilized throughout your website.
Beyond the stylistic colors, you can also setup the structure of header by picking the placement of your social icons, logo, and menu. And don’t forget to select if you want the main navigation to “stick” as you scroll down the page, for a cool, modern feel.
Here is breakdown of each Theme Options page you’ll receive with the theme:
- Theme Options Tab #1 – Styles
- Theme Options Tab #2 – Layout
- Theme Options Tab #3 – Content
- Theme Options Tab #4 – Configuration
The Arcadian comes with a beautiful blog, which provides full support for WordPress post formats. Add a blog to your corporate or portfolio website, or use the theme as a traditional blogging WordPress theme. It’s up to you!
Popular Free Theme Blvd Plugins
Here are our most popular, free plugins that you’ll want to make sure and take advantage of to get the most out of this theme.
- Theme Blvd Layout Builder – Setup custom layouts for pages of your website.
- Theme Blvd Sliders – Manage custom, responsive sliders that can go just about any where.
Theme Blvd Shortcodes – A wide variety of shortcodes.
- Usage Examples and Documentation: http://shortcodes.themeblvd.com
- Theme Blvd Widget Areas – Create unlimited sidebars and widget areas.
- Theme Blvd Widget Pack – A pack of essential widgets to use with your theme.
- Tweeple – A cool way to setup and display Twitter feeds.
Useful Free Theme Blvd Plugins
Here are some simple, useful plugins that have come through great buyer requests and suggestions.
- Theme Blvd Favicon – Manage your favicon and Apple iOS icons.
- Theme Blvd Featured Link Override – Set site-wide featured image links.
- Theme Blvd Featured Videos – Replace featured images with embedded videos.
- Theme Blvd Image Sizes – Adjust your theme’s image crop sizes.
- Theme Blvd News Scroller Widget – A widget that scrolls through posts.
- Theme Blvd Portfolios – Separate post grid items to a custom post type.
- Theme Blvd Post-to-Page Link – Link a post to a page for modifying the breadcrumb trail.
- Theme Blvd prettyPhoto – Swaps default lightbox functionality for prettyPhoto.
- Theme Blvd Responsive Google Maps – Responsive Google Map shortcode.
- Theme Blvd String Swap – Quickly adjust text strings on frontend of your site.
- Theme Blvd WooCommerce Patch – Adds basic compatibility with WooCommerce.
- Theme Blvd WPML Bridge – Full WPML compatibility. http://wpml.themeblvd.com
Here is the quick step-by-step guide for how this theme’s demo homepage was setup from the WordPress admin panel. You can find much more information on the following steps in great detail by viewing the documentation that came in your theme’s download package. Keep in mind this is only a quick step-by-step for the theme demo’s homepage and you definitely do not have to setup your site in this way if you don’t want to.
- Install the theme and the recommended plugins. (See video)
- Go to Settings > Reading > Frontpage Displays, and make sure you’ve selected “your latest posts”.
- Go to Appearance > Widget Areas and create a new custom widget area. For its location, select for it to be a “Floating Widget Area.”
- Go to Appearance > Widgets and add the “Search” widget to your new custom sidebar along with the “Theme Blvd Twitter Widget.” and any other widgets you’d like to show on your homepage sidebar.
- Go to the Templates page and create a new custom layout. Use “The Arcadian Homepage” sample layout as your template’s starting point. Configure your element settings, including selecting the custom widget area you created in the second column of the Columns element. Then, save the layout.
- Go to Appearance > Theme Options > Content > Homepage, select to show a custom template, and select the custom template you’ve created.
For your reference, listed here are all of the image sizes that your images get cropped to when using this theme. If your WordPress installation already has many images uploaded, it’s best to run the Thumbnail Generator plugin after installing the theme.
- Slider Full Width – 940×350 (hard crop)
- Slider Staged Left/Right – 540×350 (hard crop)
- 1/5 Column of Grid – 200×125 (hard crop)
- 1/4 Column of Grid – 240×150 (hard crop)
- 1/3 Column of Grid – 320×200 (hard crop)
- 1/2 Column of Grid – 472×295 (hard crop)
- Small Thumbnail of List – 195×195 (soft crop)
- Small Square – 130×130 (hard crop)
- Smaller Square – 70×70 (hard crop)
- Smallest Square – 45×45 (hard crop)
NOTE: If you require changes to these image sizes, you do have options. Learn More
We handle all support over at our support forum. Here’s how to get access with your purchase:
Listed here all of updates to this theme and when they were posted. In your WordPress admin panel, you can see what version of the theme you’re using by going to Appearance > Themes and looking at the version number next to the name of the theme.
- 2.1.9 – April 20, 2018
- 2.1.8 – January 18, 2018
- 2.1.7 – August 4, 2017
- 2.1.6 – August 2, 2017
- 2.1.5 – April 18, 2017
- 2.1.4 – January 18, 2017
- 2.1.3 – June 21, 2016
- 2.1.2 – December 11, 2015
- 2.1.1 – Skipped, versioning error.
- 18.104.22.168 – August 8, 2015
- 2.1.0 – August 7, 2015
- 2.0.9 – April 24, 2015
- 2.0.8 – April 21, 2015
- 2.0.7 – January 26, 2015
- 2.0.6 – November 26, 2014
- 2.0.5 – July 14, 2014
- 2.0.4 – June 10, 2014
- 2.0.3 – May 7, 2014
- 2.0.2 – May 3, 2014
- 2.0.1 – April 7, 2014
- 2.0.0 – April 1, 2014 – Read here before updating to 2.0+
- 1.1.6 – December 24, 2012
- 1.1.5 – August 15, 2012
- 1.1.4 – July 2, 2012
- 1.1.3 – June 2, 2012
- 1.1.2 – May 25, 2012
- 1.1.1 – May 12, 2012
- 1.1.0 – May 7, 2012
- 1.0.3 – January 28, 2012
- 1.0.2 – January 15, 2012
- 1.0.1 – January 13, 2012