This author's response time can be up to 1 business day.
I am interested in your theme but I am need to know if the galleries can display images vertically? Currently, when you click on a gallery, it will open a pop up box with an image and then you scroll to the next one. Can this be changed?
I’m not sure if I understand your question correctly – are you asking whether the images in the lightbox preview can be in a vertical layout? If this is your question – yes, you can use images with different layouts in the lightbox preview.
I am interested in your theme but I am need to know if the galleries can display images vertically? Currently, when you click on a gallery, it will open a pop up box with an image and then you scroll to the next one. Can this be changed? Thanks!
I can see that you have double-posted this comment, you can check my reply in your comment above.
Is it possible to have the first pane in the jquery accordion stay closed when the page loads?
We have a dedicated support system where all the Pexeto items support is handled, so we kindly ask you to use our support system here:
I noticed that this file has not been updated since October 2011 but also works with Wordpress 3.5? Are updated notified through Wordpress dashboard at all?
Yes the theme works well with WordPress 3.5, so far there aren’t any issues reported. And yes, there is an update notifications functionality implemented in the theme, actually we are planning to start working on a new update soon.
I would love to see a responsive version update.
Is it possible to change the default url naming for the portfolio to something else ?
I already have
Just a quick question – is this theme responsive? Just checking.
The theme is not in a responsive layout, but it looks and works well on mobile devices.
Great theme. Well documented, nice widgets and it’s looking sweet. Thank you!
Thank you so much for your kind words, I’m very happy to hear that you are satisfied with the theme!
I’m currently working on my page, with this theme, and I’m having some trouble making my portfolio as a info gallery… How do I do that?
You can find the instructions about setting the gallery page in the “Template Pages” -> “Portfolio Gallery page” section of the documentation.
If you still have any other support questions, please use our dedicated support system here:
as this is where all the Pexeto items support is handled. Thank you!
I have purchased this theme and I would prefer to start by having the site look as demoed in the preview and edit from there. After I installed the theme, I imported the XML file, but still the site looks nothing like what the live preview shows. Am I missing something?
P.S. WordPress doesn’t export all of the options and data, so it is possible to have some differences between the demo and the imported data.
To clarify, for one thing, it doesn’t seem to load the menus correctly. It pulls in something like 50 menus all disorganized and at the same level on the Pages screen. Menus do not highlight once selected, they all remain gray. In addition the alignment of the menus is all off, possibly because of so many of them. Thoughts?
Please check my reply to your comment above
Thank you, I have managed to get answers to almost all my questions. I love the theme, but have just a couple of very specific issues I am hoping you can help me with. Both are around the Portfolio gallery. I am really struggling with Vertical images in the gallery. The image thumbnails are always forced to a horizontal format, regardless of the image size ratio. If uploading a standard horizontal image, they look great, but when you upload a vertical image they are a mess.
When I let the theme auto generate the thumbnail using ThimThumb it captures a horizontal thumbnail from the original Vertical image, which loses the whole point of a thumbnail, not accurately displaying what the image looks like. I even tried uploading my own 200X300 thumbnail and it just takes the 200X300 image and forces it into a horizontal thumbnail space that squishes the image.
You can see the two images at the link above. The first had the theme generated thumbnail. The second uses the custom set thumbnail that it squished. How can I resolve this issue? Is there a way to get the thumbnails to match the aspect ratio of original image?
Last, is there a way to change the color of the white border when you click the image to preview full size? I love the lightbox look and feel, but the white border is a bit harsh with the dark style of the theme.
Thanks for your help! Great looking theme!
PS: I searched through the support site above for answers and am unable to find anything to help me.
Hello! I already use this theme but have 2 questions. On this page: http://www.tshirttrykkeren.dk/produkter/ – The arrows to navigate the “portfolio” loads quite late and the pagination is situatet further down than the other pages – there is a big gap down to pagination. (if you press “T-Shirts) everything looks really good. Can you please help how to fix this problem?!
Best Regards, Mark
I urgently need a theme for my new website and even if I have browsed a lot of other themes I always come back to yours which are just to my taste (and needs :)). I must just decide which one…
May I have some detailed questions to help me make a decision?
I hope it is OK to ask questions about multiple themes at one place whem I need to compare.
Here are my answers:
1) I can’t really say for sure – our themes contain lots of sophisticated functionality, such as sliders, galleries and portfolios, which were not initially designed for a responsive layout and may require to be recoded from scratch in order to make them responsive. We will be considering this, but at this point I don’t want to make any promises. However, if you want you can also check our Evermore theme which is responsive.
2) Yes, they will
3) At this point we don’t have such plans, but changing the layout from boxed to non-boxed in most cases requires just a couple of CSS changes.
4) There isn’t a child theme included, but it is really easy to create one according to your needs – just a style.css file should be created for it.
5) Our Highlight and Evermore themes support a content slider as well. Otherwise, it would require quite lots of additional coding to implement the slider to another theme.
6) It really depends on the theme you switch to – if it is another Pexeto theme, most of the elements will be preserved. Otherwise, it really depends on the other theme. Generally, the buttons, info boxes and other content elements will remain preserved, they just won’t be styled – they will look like standard links/paragraphs.
7) CAPTCHA is included in the themes where it is showcased on the contact form demo – if there isn’t a CAPTCHA in the demo, it means that it is not included in the theme. By the way, there are also many contact form plugins that support CAPTCHA.
I hope this answers your questions.
I am very interested in your theme ” The Cotton ”. I would really like to buy it because I like very much its design (in particular its delicacy), its features, and its panel of administration which seems to be built very well.
That seems to be a good job!
However, before purchasing it, may you answer these few questions please?
1) The last update is not recent. It seems to me to have read that you plan to propose one soon. Is it real, and when ? What would be the modifications ? Do you plan to make this theme responsive? It seems to me that it is a request which often returns, and thus I insist. Today we want all a responsive site. It would be such a pity that this theme is put aside because of this point.
2) Do you have links of web sites built from this theme to give me as example please?
3) Is it possible to have the logo centered, in full page, to have the baseline down and only then the menu, centered too?
4) Do you think that this theme is adapted for a professional site which proposes services?
I thank you for taking time to answer me (and sorry for my english).
Thank you for the interest, I’m glad you like the theme Here are my answers:
1) The next update will be released to support some of the WordPress 3.6 functionality, such as the new custom post format functionality which is added by default to each post. The update should be available a while after WordPress 3.6 gets released. Regarding being responsive – I have already answered this question in the comment above, here is my answer again: our themes contain lots of sophisticated functionality, such as sliders, galleries and portfolios, which were not initially designed for a responsive layout and may require to be recoded from scratch in order to make them responsive. We will be considering this, but at this point I don’t want to make any promises. However, if you want you can also check our Evermore theme which is responsive.
2) I have some links, but I can’t provide them without having the permission from their owners.
3) We have created a tutorial about this – I hope this is what you need.
4) Yes, the theme is in a clean and minimalistic design, which will well suit this kind of site.
Thank you very much for your answers.
1) I had noticed the Evermore theme as responsive theme, but I do prefer the general design of “The Cotton” theme because of its natural and traditional look and its sharpness.
However, your Evermore theme proposes features that would suit me good, and that “The cotton” theme doesn’t contain (if I don’t make mistakes), as : services boxes, social icons, testimonials, captcha, responsive design, highlight text… And this theme is more contrasted. I think internet users prefer contrasted elements. But Evernote doesn’t propose pricing tables and “non-boxed” design. So I hesitate a lot between the both. A mix would be perfect : the design of Cotton with the new features of Evermore.
If only I was sure you would modify Cotton theme as responsive…
Be reassured that I have noticed that you haven’t yet decided if it would be one of your update. It would be a big job.
2) It is a pity not to see other websites built with your themes, but I understand.
However I think that Themeforest should propose this kind of links (with the permission of their owners of course), as Mojo Themes platform proposes. It helps us to project our own website.
3) Thank you for the tutorial. I had discovered it after my post.
4) Would it be possible to add a baseline like “Welcome to The Cotton – Premium Minimalistic WordPress Theme” in Evermore theme ?
5) And is it easy to add social icons on the homepage and social icons to share at the end of each post blog in the Cotton theme ?
Once again thank you
1) In Evermore if you set the same background color to the body and content container and remove the border of the content container (requires one CSS modification) you will get a non-boxed layout.
4) By default there isn’t such kind of option for the Evermore header – this can be accomplished with a few code modifications.
5) You can use a sharing plugin for this purpose – there are many different sharing plugins available.
Thank you for the information.
We have been using the Cotton for about a year and a half now and have only recently had problems with looping. Here is the information that our host has given us about the looping issue:
We have conducted a thorough investigation which showed that your WordPress application loops and spawns too many processes. The script that loops (i.e. references itself) is:
Have you every had this problem before? We are going to have our site shut down due to excessive space if we can’t get it fixed by Monday, May 13th.
P.S. I haven’t heard of this kind of problem before, so I think it may be related with something else, such as a plugin installed or some code modifications. When posting can you please also provide the full information?
Will this theme be compatible with the upcoming wordpres 3.6? Will you be making an update specifically for it?
Yes, we will release an update for WordPress 3.6.
I have a pre-purchase question. I am wondering if I can add a 850px x 150px header image in the area that says “blog template” under main menu area. This would be on the blog page only. Can you let me know if this is possible. Thanks.
The blog page supports a static header image, which is in the same format and size as you can see on this page. The default static header image size can be easily changed with a one-line modification, so you can apply the size you like.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $18.50
Power Elite Author
Unlimited graphic downloads & digital courses. Only $29/month
22,000+ templates & 1,000+ courses
Learn almost anything with
Envato Tuts+ for free
9000 free tutorials, 3000 paid courses
Designers matched perfectly to
you on Envato Studio
2000 artists ready to undertake your work