This author's response time can be up to 1 business day.
Hello, want to have the 3 boxes below the slider on the homepage to be able to be clicked and go to link. Only the text below the image takes you to the link… any thoughts on how to do this?
Also, I have a portfolio showcase page and would like to to turn off the image names in the light box, how do I do this?
Also, would like for the light box font for next,previous, etc… match the font on the rest of the site, how do I do this?
We have launched a support forum where all the Pexeto items support is handled, so we kindly ask you to post your support questions on the forum here:
Hi Pexeto, love your work,
How can we add comments section on pages?
I clicked “allow to comments” but it doesn’t work. Why?
Thank you, I’m glad you like our work
If you have any support questions, we kindly ask you to post them on our support forum here:
where all the Pexeto items support is handled – registration takes less than a minute. Thank you
Thanks for the theme I’ve just bought it.
I also see the support forum.
However I would like to talk by e-mail, to link my website :
I try to install the thme but the index page is only the blog pâge, I don’t have the full as I can see on the demo.
What can I do ? I link the site by e-mail, thank for your help
In the beginning of each subsection of the “Template Pages” section of the documentation is explained how to set the relevant page as home(front) page.
If you still have any questions, please use the support forum – we have implemented a private messaging system to it that you can use to provide a link to your site – thank you!
Thank you for your answer Pexeto,
As you can see (please have a look : www.club-eloquence.fr) the index page is only the blog, and I don’t know what can I do to get the normal index page. I read the documentation and I don’t find my problem.
I also post my request on the support forum.
Thank you by advance,
Your question has been answered on the support forum
Just wanted to quickly say good job on that project! “The Cotton” WordPress Theme is absolutely impressive! I am still building my website with it and I am always learning and finding new features using it!
I have 2 quick question though:
1- I’ve been searching in the wiki and support pages and I couldn’t find an exact answer to my question. Can I use the same theme for my main website (ex: www.mywebsite.com) and use the same them for a sub-domain (ex: admin.mywebsite.com)? I founded that sentence “For web content a regular license is suitable for use on a single domain or single sub-domain or single directory.” in the wiki and I was wondering if, by saying single directory, meant the domain itself including sub-domains?
2- I was also wondering if all the modifications I have made (css and php files) would reset if I upgraded the theme into WordPress? Would I loose all these modifications?
Thanks again! Keep up your good work!
First of all – thank you for your nice words, I’m glad you like the theme!
1. I’m not really sure about this, maybe you should contact the ThemeForest support as they are the ones that define the rules
2. If you mean installing a newer version of the theme – yes, you would loose the modifications, as when installing an update you are actually replacing the existing files with the updated ones. For more information about how you can safely update the theme, you can refer to the “Updates” section of the documentation.
If you have any other questions, I would like to ask you to use our support forum:
as this is where all the Pexeto items support is handled. Thank you
how does the gallery backend work? Can I upload multiple images per category post? Or is it one image per post?
For the lightbox you can upload one image, but if you would like to display more images per thumbnail, you have some other options – you can create a quick gallery inside the content of the post, or you can redirect to another portfolio gallery that contains all the images you would like to show.
Hi this theme’s great but I’m having issues with the contact forms that don’t work. Did someone encounter the same problem?
email is never going to my mailbox (yes everuthing in the panel is well configured.
Sometimes it works, sometimes not… weird.
I have posted my reply to the topic you have opened on our support forum
Hi. How can I insert a .swf file into lightbox in portfolio gallery?
There is an example of this in the “Template Pages” -> “Portfolio Gallery page” section of the documentation.
I am all set to buy “The Cotton” theme. There are two questions which are stopping me.
My Home Page will be full width (no sidebar).
Is it possible to Have Service Box + Featured blog on home page?
My website is year old. It has a category named “Interviews” – which are regular post with one image. Now I plan to create a page with “Information Gallery” and show Thumbnails of each and every Interview post. Portfolio inside Cotton theme does not look like regular posts. Do I have to port regular posts to new type. Will it incur and URL changes??
Just curious : Is there any place/page where I can check links to websites which are using “The Cotton”
Thank you for the interest Here are my answers:
- yes, you can use the featured page template and insert the services boxes shortcode above the posts
- there is a separate portfolio section with a custom portfolio post type, which is not the same as the regular posts. I know there are post type switcher plugins, so they should be able to help you to convert these regular posts to portfolio posts
- here is the Showcase section on our support forum:
just to let you know that it contains links not only for the Cotton theme, but all the other Pexeto themes as well
Congratulations on 1,000, now on to 2,000….Cotton a powerful theme!
Thanks a lot!
I have some pre-purchase questions for the Cotton theme
(I would have posted to your support forum but I don’t have a purchase code yet)
1) Would it be possible to create a full-width info gallery showing only one image at a time?
My client wants to show one large portfolio image at a time with text underneath it (I could probably change the CSS of the Nivo slider to move the caption beneath the image and to remove the semi-transparent background)
2) Is there a way to fast-forward/advance to a specific slide in either the Nivo slider or the info gallery slider, from an external link?
My client wants all their portfolio items on one page – one slider – one image at a time. But they also want thunmbails on a different page that take you to the portfolio page and advance you to the large version of the image they clicked on.
3) Finally, I am concerned about placing 40 or so large images on a portfolio page (in one big slider) and the weight (MB’s) it would have on that page. I don’t really understand how jquery and the nivo slider load images. Do they need to load everything before displaying even the first image? Or does it start with slide one, load and display it, and then work its way to show all the slides? My concern is that even if a link could advance you to the slide you wanted that if that slide was slide 30 then it would not display until the 29 slides before it were loaded first. Is that correct?
Thank you in advance for your time and answers.
1) If you mean to have a one-column layout – full width images, positioned one below another with description below – yes, this is possible. For each column layout you have the option to set the default image width and height, so for example you can choose the two-column layout, set a full width image size and you will get a one column layout.
2) There isn’t exactly such an option included – one way to accomplish this may be to use the Portfolio Posts Loader widget into the sidebar/footer and set the large images to be opened in lightbox and after that provide a link to the gallery, for example within the lightbox description section.
3) The portfolio gallery template gets displayed and you can browse trough the images, even when not all of them are loaded. For the Nivo slider all the images should be loaded before it starts sliding.
I hope this answers your questions!
Thank you Pexeto for your answers – I really appreciate you taking the time to write.
I hope the explanation below helps explain in further detail what I was wondering and looking for. If you have time to answer that would be awesome.
As for question #1 you may not have understood exactly what I asking about.
You have 6 images = 2 columns x 3 rows – each with text below. And you have the ability to scroll left and right with your arrows to 4 pages of images.
What I was wondering … is there a way to have only one column and one row, image is full width, text is below, and arrows on either side of the image to move forward and back.
Which slider is this on this page by the way? (It is relevant as the workaround to jump to a specific slide depends up the slider being used).
I know I could drop a Nivo slideshow on a page but the text shows up over the image and the set up I am looking for (arrows left and right, text below) is already being utilized on the page link above which is why I ask this question above.
2) OK – I know this is beyond the scope of the code of your theme and that the ability to jump to a specific image in the slider is not included. That being said, I am wondering if it is possible. I found a possible solution. I just don’t think I can evaluate correctly if it might help. Perhaps you can. I found on this page (see answer near the bottom)
a guy wrote a slideTo() function for the Nivo slider and the open source code is here …
A) I don’t know if that code would work with your theme and I downloaded the fork and I don’t see his code in it – only on the Diff>= tab : and getting the code from that would be difficult as a copy and paste comes with all the left columns which you would not want. I am probably missing how this site works.
1) Yes, this is possible – in addition to what I explained above, you would just have to select to show one image by page and you will have a one row x one column gallery. By the way, you have provided a link to the home page of the theme, so I guess you are asking about the Portfolio Gallery page, right? And if so – the sliding functionality on this page is created by us – we don’t use a third party library for it.
Regarding the Nivo slider – there is an option when initializing the slider to set a startSlide property, but you would still have to do some modifications in order to set this – you would have to get the start slide index from the $_GET request and then pass it to the slider initialization function – it is not a complex change, but you would still need some coding knowledge in order to accomplish it.
Thanks again for your answer. Sorry about the link being to your home page RE: #1) The demo when it has the themeforest banner, did not change the URL after I clicked around.
The 2×3 portfolio with text underneath that I was talking about was here …
This is the one I wanted to see if it could be 1×1, and then which slider is it? Is that still possible?
Yes, this is the same portfolio I was talking about – you can set the 1×1 layout very easily with this one
And regarding the image loading order – I don’t think it changes according to the start slide.
P.S. I hope you will enjoy working with the theme!
Hi, just wanted to say this is a really nice theme to work with, am generally very happy with it, and it has been fun to work with.
Thank you very much for your feedback and suggestions, it is very much appreciated – I will keep your suggestions in mind for the future updates of the theme! It is great to hear you are satisfied with the theme, I hope you will enjoy working with it in the future as well
Please can you recommend an ecommerce plug in to suit this theme?
I haven’t worked with any e-commerce plugins, so I can’t really recommend one, but I know some users of the theme use the WP e-commerce plugin.
Great template here. Just a note about wordpress 3.3 update. Some of the new features have meant that the featured Image selector has disappeared from the media upload options. You may already know about this but wasn’t in the comments so thought I’d bring it up.
I think it may have also made the style changer not work. Not 100% about that though.
I’m glad you like the theme
I have tested the theme with WP 3 .3 and everything works fine for me (including the features you have mentioned). If you experience any problems with the theme, I would like to ask you to use our support forum here:
1- when I click on an image in the portfolio page, instead of linking to a pop out image can it link to a new page?
2- also, is it possible to make the pop out images larger?
Here are my answers:
1. Yes, it can.
2. By default the images in the lightbox are opened in a size to fit the user’s screen, so the bigger the screen is, the bigger will be the size of the images. However it is easy to change it to always open the images in their original size – it is about one line of code change, we can provide some instructions for this on our support forum.
i have two quick questions.
1. can you set the amount of items the portfolio page displays before paginating? i want to have all the portfolio items scroll instead of break into pages
2. is there a script or plugin to animate the portfolio items as they filter in and out? i see a lot of the portfolios on themeforest have filter sorting and they animate. do you know if it’s something i can add to this theme
1. Yes, you can set the amount of items to be displayed by page
2. With the default functionality of the theme you can set a wavy animation – the images fade in consecutively one after another (just a small code changes is neeeded). Regarding using other external scripts – I can’t really recommend one, as we usually use our own scripts, but any script/plugin you would like to use will require some additional work to implement it into the current gallery.
really awesome theme!
Thank you very much!
It’s a nice template, but I really would like Pexeto to be more proactive towards vulernabilities.
My site got hacked (theme v1.1.4) and compromised due to a vulnerability in timthumb that came with this theme.
As soon as the security issue has been found with Timthumb, we have released an update of the theme to implement the improved version (1.34), after a few weeks after that we have released another update with a newer version as well (2.8). Currently the theme uses the 2.8 version which to my knowledge is not vulnerable – I did a research and didn’t find any problems reported regarding this version. It is possible your site to be hacked because of another script (for example by a plugin used).
Anyway, if you have any questions or would like to discuss this further, I would like to ask you to use our support forum:
as this is where all the Pexeto items support is handled. Thank you!
I have a pre-purchase question. Is the “content slider” that is available in the Dandelion theme also available in Cotton? I’m assuming not, as it is not listed. However, I thought I’d double check. I love the simplicity of Cotton, yet the content slider would be a great fit for the project.
Thank you in advance! I’m presently using the Acoustic theme for a project and love the ease of use of the Pexeto framework!
First of all – thank you for the interest, I’m glad you like working with our themes
The content slider is not included in The Cotton theme – it is included in Dandelion and Highlight themes.
Thank you! I think I’m going to try the Highlight theme…
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $18.50
Power Elite Author
Deliver better projects faster. Photos, templates & courses
Unlimited downloads. Only $29/month
Learn almost anything with
Envato Tuts+ for free
25,000+ tutorials and 1,000+ courses
Designers matched perfectly to
you on Envato Studio
2000 artists ready to undertake your work