Hi! is it possible that the theme updates wordpress without the users approval? I dont know if its a problem of the temp, or something with my hosting, but every time it upgrades then the plugins and stuff i used start making conflict so i need to fgo back to my previous back up. Id really appreciate some insight on it. Regards,
Make sure you’re using the latest version of the theme (v1.5.0)?
If you need additional help, please use my support forums: http://themolitor.com/forums
Hi, I registered on your support forum but I have received no email with details to continue username is patsion
Please send me an email from my profile page and I’ll send you a password.
i really like this theme, but sadly i have a client which already have a theme he’s satisfied with (thank god…) anyway i was wondering if there is a plugin form of this theme’s navigation functionality i can purchase ? or is it planned to be introduced ?
Thank you !
No plans for a plugin, but there is an HTML version that might be easier to work with as an add-on. At least easier to work with than a WordPress theme: http://themeforest.net/item/the-navigator-premium-html-location-guide-blog/408313
I like the theme, but have only one question. I intend to use it for the Geo location where google maps satellite view isn’t quite good, but this location has the street view. Is it possible to change the satellite view to street view or better jet to add the street view? I see that some other users that have purchased this theme had the same question where you have referred them to your support and forum, that I cant access to see the answer. So also, I would like to know if that was done for them or did they manage to do it themselves, or will it maybe be included in some of the forthcoming updates?
If there isn’t a solution regarding this matter, then i suppose it would be easier to modify the HTML version of the navigator theme?
That isn’t a built-in option and I’m not aware of users posting an implementation for street view in my support forums. For requests like this, I refer users to this form to submit a customization request: http://themolitor.com/custom
Thanks for your interest in Navigator!
Really looks great. I’ve been browsing but didn’t really find an answer. Is clustering of markers supported by now?
Clustering isn’t a built-in option, but a user posted a solution that worked for them on my support forums. I haven’t tested it myself so I can’t guarantee their approach.
Please keep in mind, if you have features required for your project that aren’t built into the theme, you can submit a customization request here: http://themolitor.com/custom
Hello. This theme is just what we have been looking for—a way for us to geographically map our blog posts. A couple questions before we make the purchase though:
1. Can we replace the default world map with our own custom illustrated map?
2. In the blog section, before clicking “read more”, where the images appear above the text, is the image ratio fixed or does it reflect the actual image? most our images that will be used with our blogs posts are square 1×1 ratio.
1. That isn’t a built-in feature of the theme, and would require a fair amount of work to achieve. That said, you can submit a customization request for that here: http://themolitor.com/custom
2. Images are currently set to 500×200, but it’s a quick and easy fix to allow for any height.
Good to know. Thanks!
Does #2 involve modifying the functions.php?
An additional question:
In the map posts is possible to place an image within the “Details” field rather than in the separate gallery field? We would need to have a thumbnail image there above or wrapped with text.
Likewise in the blog posts, after you click on “Read More” can you have an image appear in the Details section and a different image used for the background?
And Is it possible to have a non-truncated version of the blog?
Yes, you can put whatever you want in the details section of posts (map and non-map alike). That’s fully controlled from the content box of the post edit page.
Regarding the background, that’s fully customizable for each post, so you can change it to whatever you like.
Regarding the blog, are you wanting the full post content to display and not just the excerpt? If so, that’s not hard to achieve.
Hello Chris -
The Navigator theme is a success! Thank you!
I would like to set-up links within text to call out the widget section in an effort to make it more visible to unsuspecting browsers… I searched the source but could not find a way around the JS Script. Help?
Since that edit would require a bit of research and testing, I have to refer you to the customization request form: http://themolitor.com/custom
If you have additional support questions, please be sure to use my support forums: http://themolitor.com/forums
Hope you understand.
I have a question, is that possible to create a custom search drop down ?
for example i would to use this as real estate theme and believe user would love to see custom search to speed up their search …
There is a search option built into the theme. You can see in the demo. If you want something beyond that functionality, you can submit a request here: http://themolitor.com/custom
hi, could this theme be used so that many registered members can add locations and share them?
How possible is that?
It’s possible, but by default only users with a contributor status (and above) can create posts for the map. To add that functionality, please use this customization request form: http://themolitor.com/custom
Any plans going responsive? That would be the final punch.
It’s certainly on my list of things to do
That’s good news! Any idea of more or less when?
No immediate plans. Sorry!
Can users upload and add “landmarks” to the map?
Yes, if they have a “contributor” status or higher (access to WP dashboard), they can create items for the map.
UPDATE: This theme now supports front-end user post submission without needing access to the WordPress dashboard.
I am looking for a plugin to integrate a directory system into an existing site. Do you have any plans on releasing the functionality of the theme as a separate plugin?
No plans at this time, sorry.
Your theme is really nice! QUESTION:
1) Is it possible to have one different map displayed in EACH category?
2) Is it possible to have one map which display all the markers of categories selected by admin?
3) Does it support front-end editor for users?
Thanks for the nice remarks
1. There’s only one map, but the map focuses on the most recently published item. So if you have one group of markers in one category and another group in another category, the map will appear to be different because it will focus on different markers.
2. Yes, you can create a category and assign posts to that category. You can then link to that category in the menu so users can view those markers.
3. No, that is not a supported feature, but you can submit a customization request for that here: http://themolitor.com/custom
So if I understand well your answers in 1) and 2)
It means that if I have a category called JAPAN with the markers for “hospitals” and “restaurants”—whenever I visit the category JAPAN, I will see the markers for “hospitals” and “restaurants” displayed on the map correct?
Now here is my next question:
If I have another category called VIETNAM with the markers for “hospitals” and “restaurants”—whenever I visit the category VIETNAM I will see ONLY the markers for “hospitals” and “restaurant” for VIETNAM category only and I will not see the markers of the JAPAN category while I’m on the VIETNAM category?
Even if those markers are using the same icons (different location)? Is it what you are saying?
Yes, if “hospitals” and “restaurants” are individual posts/markers, they will only show on the category page they are assigned to (except for the home page, which shows ALL posts/markers).
Your theme looks great! Just one question before i proceed to the purchase, does your theme supports multisite?
I want to build a small network witch covers some different areas. would that be a problem?
Thanks for the nice remarks! It does support multisite, but you’ll need an extended license to use this theme in a multisite environment. More information about license requirements here: http://themeforest.net/licenses
presale question :
is that possible to change marker and add marker ?
when on marker place is that possible to show other marker too without showing going back to home or page ?
1. Yes, you can customize the marker for each individual post.
2. On individual post pages, only the marker you’re viewing is displayed. Please keep in mind you can submit customization requests here: http://themolitor.com/custom
I realized To implement geocoding for this theme. If the Author or somebody else is interested just contact me . No annoying lat lng conversion
Little bug report:
file functions.php line 58 (//EXCLUDE PAGES FROM SEARCH), this function brakes the media search on backend, it doesn’t show any result.
Just comment the line 65 and it’s fixed.
I hope it can help…
Thanks for sharing!
Greetings is it possible that the font size can be changed on the top menu? If so, is it in the style sheet?
Yes, that’s an easy CSS edit to make. I can provide instructions in my support forums if you decide to make a purchase.
Ok my client purchased the theme, I’ll get the theme purchase info from them today/
I have sent 2 emails so far and had no response so I posted on the forums and they directed me here in the hope you can answer a few questions before I purchase.
1 – Can I import a Google map I have already made simply?
2 – Does the theme have scroll to zoom as I cannot see that working on the live preview?
3 – Can I make the pop up hover over place markers box larger with more information without clicking into the actual marker?
4 – Can this box be moved to pop up in a different position?
Sorry, I if I didn’t respond to your email, that must mean I didn’t receive it as I have no unread emails in my inbox. Apologies….
1. That is not a supported feature, but you can submit a customization request for that here: http://themolitor.com/custom
2. Scroll and double-click to zoom were disabled for a couple reasons… (1) Since the map is fullscreen, scrolling through content on the page would simultaneously cause the map to zoom, creating a confusing experience for the user. (2) This theme uses custom zoom control buttons. As a result, they don’t “talk” to the other methods of zooming. The result causes the map to “jump” as it wasn’t aware you were zooming with the custom buttons when you try to scroll or double-click to zoom. Hope that explains things a bit.
3. That is not a supported feature, but you can submit a customization request for that here: http://themolitor.com/custom
4. That is not a supported feature, but you can submit a customization request for that here: http://themolitor.com/custom
Hope you don’t mind the copy/paste answers for #3 and #4, but anything not listed in the features list or demonstrated in the video walk-through and demo site would require a customization request.
Thank you for your answers
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $23.60
This item was featured on ThemeForest
Power Elite Author