Update – June 22, 2015
- Fixed prettyPhoto XSS issue.
“theDawn HTML” is a powerful theme that’s full of features and layout options. While working on it, I’ve been paying attention to the design and theme structure, as well as options variety and customizability.
With its 30+ layout options and exclusive build-in features like Mbiz slider, Twitter, or flickr plugins, and with its well commented code, premade page templates, and thorough documentation, theDawn will make it easier for you to customize and implement.
- Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional.
- Well commented code, premade page templates, and thorough documentation.
- 40+ page templates that cover all layouts and theme elements.
- Pre-made HTML elements: over 30 theme elements designed for you to use or to customize. Elements include but not limited to: typography, text-boxes, contact form, price boxes, tabbed content, column layouts, lightbox, video, and more.
- Ten Skins: dark, light, colorful and what I call “luxurious” styles that’s easy to implement.
- Layout varieties: multiple layouts for: homepage, portfolio, blog, gallery, page, sidebar, footer, and other options. See a complete list of layout variety
- Three Sliders: Mbiz slider, Nivo slider, and fixed image.
- Mbiz slider: exclusive slider that provides many features and options which are easily manageable. Free slider background images are also included.
- Six different homepage layouts: two magazine-like widget based layouts, two blog layouts, two static page layouts.
- Seven portfolio layouts: portfolio can be presented in one of seven different layouts, it has video support.
- Two gallery templates.
- Left and right sidebars: sidebars are easily aligned to the left or to the right.
- Three blog layouts: floated image, full-width image, and disabled image layouts.
- Single-post optional widgets: “ShareThis” on 10 social networks, about the author, and popular/related posts.
- Threaded comments: nested four levels deep. Support for avatars.
- 10+ widgets: “theDawn” provides widgets for sidebar and footer: popular posts, flickr (supports user photos and group pool), latest tweets, contact form, contact info, social networks, Google map, advertisement widget, dropdown menu, menu with nested items, search form, text widget.
Footer: has three areas:
- Optional big footer: provides 9 column layouts.
- Optional sub-footer: located inside big footer, and has 2 columns.
- Standard footer: at the very bottom, and contains footer menu.
- Menus: top menu which has dropdown capability to unlimited levels, sidebar dropdown menus, and footer menu.
- Google webfonts support.
- Working ajax contact form: with a spam protection. It can be added to any page, and as a widget for sidebars and footers.
- Header intro: the area beneath top menu which I call “Header-intro”, it’s optional and customizable.
- Optional breadcrumbs navigation
- Lightbox: for single image, gallery, and video. It’s based on prettyPhoto.
- Video support for MP4 and FLV.
- Browser compatibility: IE7-9, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera.
- Cufon font replacement
- PSD files: of basic design elements + full homepage PSD are included.
- Many thanks to tropicaLiving for her flickr photostream.
- Many thanks to Lizzie Oxby for her vimeo video Manhattan 4.33pm.
- Vector Social Media Icons by Icon Dock
- User Interface Design Framework
- jQuery prettyPhoto lightbox
Version 1.1.1, June.22.2015
- Fixed, prettyPhoto XSS issue.
Version 1.1, November.5.2012
- Twitter widget is updated according to twitter.com recent API update.