TinySalt is a fresh and elegant blog theme for food blogger, cooking lovers and small food business. Idea for all food bloggers, whether you have a new blog or a blog that already has hundreds of recipes. Present your content in a beautiful way.
TinySalt provides rich blog styles and layouts. And it is easy to create and manage your recipes. The theme is compatible with popular plugins such as WooCommerce, MailChimp for WordPress, Contact Form 7, and more. With WordPress customizer, you can easily change colors, fonts, and more theme appearance with instant preview.
12 Pre Designed Demos
Select a demo and import it to your website with simple click. The layouts in different demos can be combined.
Friendly & Powerful Recipe Management
Powered by WP Recipe Maker, the most popular free recipe plugin with 30000+ active users. You can present your recipes step by step with photos, including all necessary recipe meta. Readers can review, rate, print and share recipes. And it uses schema.org/Recipe JSON-LD metadata optimised for Google Recipe search.
Instant Search Recipe Index
Display all recipes on the Recipe Index page, with instant Ajax search and filters. Readers can enter keywords to search, or filter recipes by categories/cuisines/courses.
WordPress 5 & Gutenberg Ready
TinySalt is ready for WordPress 5 and the new intuitive drag and drop core editor – Gutenberg, to make sure that you will have a smooth writing experience.
Promotion & Advertising
Monetize your food blog with TinySalt. You can insert advertisement (custom image with link or Google AdSense scripts) into different places across the website. Wanna promote your products or events? Just use our built-in home widgets: Call To Action and Featured Boxes.
Sell on Your Food Blog
TinySalt is compatible with WooCommerce. Build your own online shop and start selling now.
Created and maintained by active Elite author. Update regularly of continuously improve our products. When an update is available, you can update the theme directly from your WordPress dashboard with simple clicks. No hassle to download and upload manually.
Full Feature List
- Instant Ajax Search & Filter for Recipe Index page.
- Readers can rate, print, share recipes.
- Informative cooking steps with photos.
- Google Rich Snippets, improve search ranking and SEO.
- Engage with readers by displaying more related recipe posts after each post.
- Flexible theme options to create different layouts and styles.
- Easily customize the theme and instant previews with Customizer.
- Fully responsive design, and retina ready. Sharp and beautiful on any device.
- Featured recipes in Homepage Top Slider with 6 different layouts.
- Multiple Posts Layouts to create diversity.
- 8 Home Widgets to create your own unique homepage. Each home widgets contains many options for content, layout and appearance.
- 3 site header layouts with color choices. Supports mega menu (displays latest posts with thumbnails in the drop down menu).
- Light & Dark color schemes. Custom accent color.
- Unlimited colors for most elements.
- Sticky site header.
- Standard pagination, Load More pagination, Infinite Scroll pagination.
- Options to hide or show post meta.
- 10 Single Post Templates.
- Supported post format: Standard, Gallery, Video. Showcase your recipes in different ways.
- Show views count & like count for each post.
- Sticky sidebar while scrolling the page. Show or hide sidebar on each page/post.
- Options to customize each type of archive pages: Category / Tag / Author / Date Based.
- 7 custom widgets to add additional content and features to widget areas.
- Justified gallery and slider gallery in page/post content.
- Support for multiple advertizing placement. Google AdSense ready.
- 900 + Google Fonts included.
- Fullwidth Instagram Feed in site footer.
- Compatible with WooCommerce.
- Compatible with Contact Form 7.
- Compatible with MailChimp for WordPress. Get more email subscribers with well-styled newsletter signup form.
- RTL languages support.
- Built with HTML5 & CSS3. SCSS files included.
- Optimized page speed and performance with good structure and well-written code.
- SEO friendly. Compatible with Yoast SEO.
- Translation ready. .pot file included.
- Compatible with WPML.
- Compatible with Polylang.
- Child theme included.
- Detailed online documentation.
If you are not sure whether the theme has a specific feature you need, please check our Online Documentation, browse demos, read item description on this page. If you cannot find an answer, please leave a comment.
Need Our Support?
Please feel free to contact us if you encounter any issue related to the theme. To speed along the support request, please follow this guide.
How long does it take for LoftOcean support to reply to your support request?
We provide support for our customers Monday to Friday: 10 AM to 6 PM (UTC+10). Support requests will be processed in the order received.
- Usually we reply to all requests within 24 hours.
- However, sometimes we may receive a large number of requests, or some questions are complicated and require in-depth research to answer. In the above two cases, it may take more than 24 hours for us to respond.
- If it is a weekend, our response time may take 48 hours or more.
Instagram Cannot Show since October 24, 2020?
This problem is caused by the Instagram API change that happened on October 24, 2020. If this issue happens on your website, please update your TinySalt theme and the required plugin “TinySalt Extension” to the latest version (v1.9) to resolve the problems.
Important Notice about Instagram IssuesRecently, Instagram made changes again (Since June 2020). If you find that your Instagram feed cannot be displayed on your website, please check this chapter in the TinySalt online documentation for a solution: Set up your Instagram.
Images used in the demo sites are not included in the download package. You can find them on unsplash.com. When importing a demo, images will be replaced with image placeholders.
WordPress.org & WordPress.com
For any theme on ThemeForest, you need a self-hosted WordPress website (WordPress.org) to upload and install the theme. If you use wordpress.com, Business Plan is the only plan that WordPress.com allows you to upload a WordPress theme or plugin.
Please Note: After updating, please clear you website cache if you use any cache or performance optimization plugin, and also clear the browser’s cache, or try to access the website with another browser that has not cached the website.
Version 1.14.0 – September 25, 2021
* New: Option to reverse the order of the comments list and the comment form * New: Option to hide the pagination for the Latest Posts Area on Home Page * New: Supporting customising the layout of WP Recipe Maker recipe archive pages * Fixed: Ensure text remains visible during webfont load for Google Fonts and ElegantIcons * Fixed: Recipe Index page - when the search & filters section is at the top, the sidebar still shows when "No Sidebar" is selected * Fixed: Minor styling issues in Gutenberg editor for WP 5.8 * Improved: Search & Filters - Click outside the filters to close the expanded filter automatically * Updated: Required Plugin TinySalt Extension updated to v1.14
Version 1.13.0 – August 19, 2021
* New: Home Page - Fullwidth Featured Area - Posts Slider - Added "Latest Posts" as one of the post sources * Fixed: Compatibility issue with WooCommerce version 5.6.0 (WooCommerce v5.6.0 changed a file name, resulting in a logic error in loading stylesheets) * Fixed: Recipe Index page AJAX loading issue when Recipe Index page is set as a child page of another page * Fixed: Local video cannot show in the post header of Single Post Template 2 * Fixed: Error 404 page redirection issue when enabling Search & Filters feature on category archive pages * Improved: Disabled Lazy Load feature for backend * Updated: Required Plugin TinySalt Extension updated to v1.13
Version 1.12.0 – June 20, 2021
* New: Category Archive - option to enable "Search & Filters" * New: Tag Archive - option to enable "Search & Filters" * New: Blog (Posts page) - option to enable "Search & Filters" * New: Recipe Index - option to disable "Search & Filters" * New: Recipe Index - option to show the main sidebar when "Search & Filters" is placed above the main content * New: "Search & Filters" - added "Tags" * New: Option to disable the drop shadow of site header * New: Option to change the content maximum width * New: Options to change the colours of Intro Label * New: Options to change the colours of WP Recipe Maker's snippet buttons * New: Options to change the colours of Sticky Like Button * New: Options to change the colours of Back To Top Button * New: Custom Widget - TinySalt Posts - option to show Author meta * New: For "Normal Overlay" and "Colorful Overlay" Posts - Option to change the overlay opacity (Default / Lighter / No Overlay) * Improved: Progressive image loading and lazy loading features can be enabled/disabled separately * Fixed: Minor CSS issues * Updated: Required Plugin TinySalt Extension updated to v1.12
Version 1.11.0 – May 3, 2021
* New: Static Blog Page - Option to display posts from selected categories * Improved: Cumulative Layout Shift score (due to the Featured Slider on home page) * Fixed: Option "Show overlay text on mobile" for Recipe Index page * Fixed: Private posts cannot show when loading by AJAX for logged-in users * Fixed: Site Top Advertisement missed a CSS class name when using ad code * Fixed: Logo image elements do not have explicit width and height * Fixed: Ad banner image elements do not have explicit width and height * Fixed: Minor CSS issues * Updated: Required Plugin TinySalt Extension updated to v1.11
Version 1.10.0 – January 17, 2021
* New: Option to display or hide Post Author Meta for posts list * New: Home Page - Fullwidth Featured Area - Option to display or hide Post Author Meta for Posts Slider * New: Author Block - Option to show or hide authors who don't yet have a public article * New: Home Widget Featured Category - Option to show or hide empty categories * New: Custom Widget Featured Category - Option to show or hide empty categories * New: Customizer - Typography - Options to adjust font for menus * New: For "Slide Overlay" Posts - Option to show overlay text on mobile devices * New: For Post/Page Template 3 - Option to adjust the position of the featured media * New: Option to load View Count & Like Count with AJAX * Fixed: Minor issues related to multilingual features * Fixed: Minor CSS issues * Updated: Required Plugin TinySalt Extension updated to v1.10.0
Version 1.9.1 – December 13, 2020
* Improved: Compatibility with WordPress 5.6 * Updated: Required Plugin TinySalt Extension updated to v1.9.1
Version 1.9.0 – November 20, 2020
* New: Home Widget - Products (so that users can display selected products on homepage) * New: Homepage - Latest Posts Area - Option to display posts from selected categories * New: Popup Newsletter Signup Form - Option to show the popup only once per session * New: Option to set automatically download Instagram images to website * New: Support to display custom recipe taxonomies in the recipe index page filter (Please note: You need the pro version of WP Recipe Maker to create custom taxonomies) * New: Single Post - option to hide the featured image on the single post * New: Option to display Yoast SEO breadcrumbs on single posts and single pages * New: Homepage Fullwidth Featured Area - Custom Content - Option to enable/disable the dark color overlay on the background * Improved: Items in the recipe index filters is sorted alphabetically * Improved: Instagram Feed - open in new tabs - added Link Rel * Fixed: Instagram Feed cannot be displayed due to changes of Instagram API * Fixed: Home page Fullwidth Featured Area - Slider 5 - RTL issue * Fixed: Video size issue when Smush Lazy Load feature is enabled * Fixed: Justified Gallery image size issue when Smush Lazy Load feature is enabled * Fixed: Minor CSS issues * Updated: Required Plugin TinySalt Extension updated to v1.9
Version 1.8.0 – September 30, 2020
* New: Option to show the post like button for posts list on touch screens * New: Option to show a sticky post like button for single post * New: Option to set the default sorting method for Recipe Index Page * New: Option to display or hide the sorting filter on Recipe Index Page * New: New brand icon added to social menu: Spotify * New: Theme Blocks - Theme Button - new field for adding Link Rel * Fixed: Auto Update for required plugin stopped working in WordPress 5.5 * Fixed: Minor CSS issues * Updated: Required Plugin TinySalt Extension updated to v1.8
Version 1.7.1 – August 23, 2020
* New: Two new brand icons added to social menu: TikTok, Unsplash * Fixed: Admin panel - Posts list page - Featured Post Status Checkbox stops working in WordPress 5.5 * Fixed: Theme Block - Tabs - compatibility issue with WordPress 5.5 * Fixed: Theme Block - Accordions - compatibility issue with WordPress 5.5 * Fixed: Dropcaps Style problem in Gutenberg editor
Version 1.7.0 – August 15, 2020
* Improved: Compatibility with WordPress 5.5 * Improved: Instagram feed feature * New: Option to change the filters position on the Recipe Index page * Fixed: Potential conflicts with the third-party plugin "Send in blue" * Fixed: Issue of translating site logo image with WPML * Fixed: User Profile - Twitter Field - conflicts with Yoast SEO * Fixed: Minor CSS issues * Updated: Required Plugin TinySalt Extension updated to v1.7
Version 1.6.0 – July 13, 2020
Version 1.5.1 – June 18, 2020
* Fixed: Recipe Index Page - an error message displays when the page has more than 100 recipes (Please note: this issue is caused by code changes in version 1.5.0. Please update your TinySalt theme as soon as possible to get this fix.) * Fixed: Minor CSS issues with Font Awesome Icons * Fixed: Minor CSS issues with WooCommerce Product Gallery
Version 1.5.0 – June 14, 2020
* New: Option to show or hide search icon in site header on mobile devices * New: Option to show or hide social menu in site header on mobile devices * New: Option to show or hide mini cart icon in site header on mobile devices * New: Recipe Index page - set filters by adding recipe taxonomies as URL parameter * Improved: Compatibility with WPML * Improved: Compatibility with Polylang * Improved: Hide the popup newsletter signup form after the visitor subscribing through any other form on the page * Fixed: Recipe Index Filter - show diets label not the field value * Fixed: Social Share Buttons - Pinterest button style affected by third-party plugins * Fixed: Minor conflicts with "Rename Login Page" feature of third-party plugins * Fixed: Minor CSS issues * Updated: wpml-config.xml file in the child theme folder * Updated: Required Plugin TinySalt Extension updated to v1.5
Version 1.4.0 – May 22, 2020
Version 1.3.0 – May 6, 2020
* New: Added an option to force center the main menu for site header layout 2 * Improved: Home Widget - Custom Content - now it supports more HTML tags * Fixed: Potential compatibility issue when saving theme related post meta in Gutenberg editor * Fixed: Compatibility issue with Gutenberg Latest Posts block * Fixed: Minor CSS issues * Updated: Required Plugin TinySalt Extension updated to v1.3 (Please update "TinySalt Extension" plugin to the latest version after updating the theme)
Version 1.2.0 – April 22, 2020
* Improved: WooCommerce Widgets style * Fixed: Typo for Recipe Index Filter * Fixed: Compatibility issue with some LMS plugins * Updated: The required plugin
Version 1.1.0 – April 18, 2020
* Improved: Demo Data * Fixed: Minor CSS Issues
Version 1.0.0 – April 17, 2020
* Initial Public Release.