I regrettably must rate this 2/5. Here’s my story: I’m a creative professional who was using this theme as part of a personal assignment. My boss approved the theme but that’s when issues began:
1) Inconsistent UX Design: Blog and Portfolio both look good identical on the main page but have UX inconsistencies (titles only clickable if it’s a blog post, not a portfolio item). Designer has shown no interest in fixing.
2) Bugs. Portfolio glitches when scrolling on mobile devices. Issue confirmed even on developer’s own demo site. Portfolio also has a UX bug where clicking an item and then closing you sends up to “ALL” tab even if you’re originally looking at specific category. Designer is aware of issues but no known ETA for fix (if any is coming).
3) Portfolio not really for creative professionals. Portfolio looks good in the demo but is not really geared towards creative professionals. For example, all items are listed chronologically. This means you’re newest work will be at the top. Professionals who want to feature certain items or have a non-chronological sort only can change the sort by creating false publication dates. Designer is aware of issue and HAS SAID TO GO HIRE A THIRD PARTY TO ADD THIS FEATURE. Unacceptable.
4) Some designs are hard-coded and impossible to change easily. Changing the colors on the homepage are easy but changing the colors on the map, to make it fit your color scheme, is very difficult. I’m still working with support staff to change this to my liking.
4) Poor or non-existent support. When staff aren’t telling you to hire a third party to fix issues in their theme, the support is poor. Email is not permitted for support and customers are directed to an online forum. Responses and replies to the forum may take several days despite “24-48 hr response time”. You’re also asked to PUT EACH QUESTION IN ITS OWN THREAD. This makes having a natural back-and-forth support conversation near impossible.