I am trying to sign up for your support service after buying the theme, but it keeps telling me “invalid Envato name”. Please help. Thanks.
the username is case-sensitive so make sure you use “purposeByDesign” with the “B” and “D” caps. If you still have issues with this please email me and I’ll set you up. You can send me an email through my Profile page.
For anyone with support related question(s), please post your question(s) to the theme’s support forum.
In my effort to provide you with better support I’ve setup an independent Forum where all comments are searchable, you can upload images and insert code with code-highlighting, etc.
You can subscribe to the Support Forum HERE
Does the theme support other shopping plugin like WP Online Store?
After a quick look it appears to be a conflict with your theme CSS. Your theme uses the same CSS expressions as the store does and so one is overriding the other. They both use a form of 960_24_col.css.
my theme is built with 960-grid system 24 column, but it doesn’t have a file called “960_24_col.css”, so I’m not sure what you’re referring to.
The theme is compatible with WordPress WooCommerce plugin, I’ve provided more info in the Description area if you’d like to check it out.
I meant, the main culprit (to start with) is container_24 which appears in both the store CSS and the theme CSS: /themes/u-design/styles/common-css/960.css
yes, each section’s wrapping div has the class “container_24”.
One more thing, does the slider support auto pause for auto play video embedded like ‘Layer Slider’ ?
Been putting on eye on this so far
Two of the theme’s native sliders support video but only the Piecemaker 2 supports the feature you’re talking about. Keep in mind that you can also integrate with the theme the “Parallax WP LayerSlider” and the “Slider Revolution” sliders that area available though CodeCanyon.
Thanks for the reply. I am getting ya theme for my client.
Hi. The width of a theme can only be full screen?
no, it’s a fixed width theme at 960px.
I have bought corporate identity package with customization for your theme. I would like to buy your theme, but i have additional question. In order to setup a web site (i have hosting and domain) do i need anything else in addition after i buy your theme? With your theme i am getting whole WordPress software, and all i have to do is to customize it and setup on my host?
Thank you in advance.
thank you for your interest in the “U-Design” theme.
Yes, you will also need a self-hosted WordPress instance. Which you can install yourself, many hosting providers already provide you with a one-click install of WordPress. You could also talk to your host I’m sure they’ll be able to assist you in installing WordPress.
I am thinking of buying, but this theme does not have sliders on other pages.
thanks for the interest in the “U-Design” theme.
- I have a thread in the support forum showing how to use the sliders on inner pages, also you can always use any third party slider, many now come as plugins and offer shortcodes.
- your question is too general, you know there are over 22,000 WP plugins out there, do you have any one in particular??
- you can but you need to change a couple of things, I have it documented in the support forum as well
- Not sure what you mean by “menu type”, you can substitute the theme’s default menu with Mega menu like “UberMenu” if that’s what you mean
- not the default theme ones, it will have to be a third party slider, one that can be used as full-width slider is the “Revolution Slider” available through CodeCanyon
- No, the admin sets the colors for all of the site, it’s not designed to be customized on per user-basis
I’m sorry, buy now, and figure out later doesnt work for us.
That’s fine, good luck with your project…
Great theme! Quick question. Does this theme come with default content to populate the website with?
Thanks, and yes, I do offer XML import file with instructions in the theme’s support forum.
Awesome! I will be buying this shortly, thank you for the quick response.
Great, should you have any issues or questions after you purchase please post them to the theme’s support forum. You will be able to subscribe with your purchase code HERE.
There seems to be an automatic home page its not in my menus , but its in the the Nav bar.
How do i delete it ?
P.S. For future reference, please post any support related questions to the theme’s support forum. You can subscribe to the Support Forum HERE
Hi there, my slider (cycle 3) the play pause and slides are all clear and no one can see them, do you have any ideas how to make them visible or how they may of become white/transparent?
Thank you for choosing the “U-Design” theme!
Please post any support related questions to the theme’s support forum.
You can subscribe to the Support Forum HERE.
Does anyone have an examples of sites that have been made with udesign, besides the example page on this?
I have a whole a lot of implementations demonstrated in the SHOWCASE
Great Theme and LUV THE FLEXIBILITY!! One thing, I can’t get the backgrounds to stay ‘fixed’ as I checked on http://calientetan.com/
Thanks for assist and hope you can advise soon (can inbox user/admin if this helps asap) and THNKS for Great Theme!
Thank you for choosing “U-Design” and glad you like it.
Is this theme responsive?
How long before it will be as nowadays themes really have to be responsive….
Well, keep in mind that when I released the theme there was no “responsive”, at least it wasn’t so popular that everyone was doing it. The theme in its current state works and looks great in all popular mobiles.
I’m looking into making the theme “responsive” but for the moment I don’t have any firm future date to give you. It’s a lot easier to build a new theme “responsive” when you start from scratch than to transform an already existing theme, so it might take some extra effort on my part, we’ll see.
Does the theme support RTL?
It is a major requirement for a project that we are doing.
not out of the box, no, but I’ve seen people convert it, I guess there are plugins for WordPress to convert to RTL, then do the rest manually if you know what you’re doing.
Is this theme responsive please? Does it work with Buddypress please? Does it work with Woocommerce please?
WooCommerce yes (please refer to the theme’s description, I have a link to a demo site with the theme and WooComm), BuddyPress – I have not extensively tested it so I can’t guarantee full compatibility, but some people have successfully implemented it, I have a post in the forum where you can download a “child” theme to integrate it with BuddyPress, “responsive” no, just read a few comments above, I just answered that one.
Some presales Questions:
- does one of the sliders offer gestures support on Android/Iphone?
- what would I need to show/hide pages (menu items) eg for a dealer-support-area (iv’ read that the theme support painless frontend loggin)
- is it possible to have multiple blog pages based on the usual method of linking menu items to categories
- how do you handle RSS, Iv seen that there is only one rss-button. Do you combine rss-comments with rss-posts?
best regards, Christian
thanks for your interest in the theme!
- I’m not sure that the sliders support gestures, why don’t you test it, unless it’s something inherited from the browser I haven’t done any work in that direction. Also, don’t forget you’re not limited to the theme’s default 6 sliders, you can always implement a third party slider of your choice, the easiest way is if that slider can be inserted with shortcode.
- to show hide menu items you do that through the WordPress “Appearance -> Menus” section, it’s WordPress that handles the menus.
- yes, you can have multiple blog pages based on the menu items category archive links used as entry point.
- RSS same as the menu is handled by WordPress, as it should be, I don’t interfere with this functionality in the theme. In the top right corner you can have a page peel and assign any link to it, be it RSS for Entries or Comments or some feed aggregate link, it’s up to you.
I love this theme, ive been doing some SEO check on the home page and to improve my rating i need to on the slider cycle 3 add alt tag to the second (text) images (is this possible.)
Also add titles to these images in the slides?
I am not sure which one of your themes to choose. I love U-design, QualiFire and pureVision as well and I cannot decide. I am a total beginner with WP but I am good in learning and applying.
However it is a bit scary to me how much options are possible with all 3 so I wander if I can make a really professional looking site if I have to decide about everything myself. Kind of seems easier if I can compare what I want to an existing look and change that.
If this is my concern what can you advise me – which one to choose from the 3?
thank you for your interest in my themes!
I’d recommend you to go with “U-Design” it’s got the most features and it’s most actively supported in terms of adding new features, etc.
How can I make my pages always show up in full with as a standard when I make a new page?
Pre-sale question: In the Portfolio section I would like to be able to create and click on an image that links to a blog post or page or external url (instead of just an image). Is that possible? Thanks!
Yes, absolutely, I have provided a custom field which allows you to link to anything you’d like and make it open in a new window if you’d like as well…
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $23.50
This item was featured on ThemeForest
Power Elite Author