For anyone with support related question(s), please post them to the theme’s support forum.
In my effort to provide you with better support I’ve setup an independent Forum where all comments are searchable, you can upload images and insert code with code-highlighting, etc.
You can subscribe to the Support Forum HERE
Hi there.. I am interested in this theme and want to be sure that it’s easy to add an audio player and some kind of events page… calendar/schedule with event information.
yes it should be I have many users of the theme that have done that. For both of these features you’ll need to rely on third party plugins for WordPress.
Can this theme be customised for a recipe/cooking site?
Do you have any similar sites to showcase?
Sure, absolutely, there are many people using this theme for restaurants and health coaches, etc., I don’t see why not.
I have one questions,
I want to buy this theme and I really like it but can I add the language Arabic to it? In Arabic the text and the whole website is displayed from the right to the left or it is opposite to the English direction.
I am looking for your answer,
by default the theme doesn’t support RTL orientation, so this will need to be addressed if you decide to go with the theme.
Thank you so much for your reply, I will let you know when I am about to buy it, this is really helpful, I really appreciate it
yeah, I think there are WordPress plugins that will try to convert a theme and WP to RTL, it might be a good starting point and you can take it from there and do the rest yourself.
I’ve bought a Regular license but I sell my product in 2 countries, am I allowed to replicate the template as 2 separate websites, under x2 URLs? e.g. domain.co.nz and domain.com.au. The website will be the same except will have different contact details. Or do I have to buy a separate license for the 2nd website?
Hi zebragroup ,
Good question, I think you need 2 separate licenses, have a look at the license agreements by ThemeForest which the theme is bound of:
i would like to but U-desing Theme. But before some pre-purchasing questions:
1. Is it prepared to be traslated fully into Russian?
2. Is it posible to put 1 level menu fullwidth under the logo?
3. Does the third level of left menu navigation is always droped down?
4. Can the slider images link to pages or just the posts?
5. Is it possible to put a frame with contact información on the header?
6. Is there a Widget with Contact información for sidebar in order to put it on every page?
7. Is it possible to put on the every page associated services images (Also you may like)?
8. Is there an accordion slider for the home page like this http://rtthemes.com/demo/?theme=rttheme16?
thanks for your interest in the theme.
1 ) Yes, actually you’re in luck because the theme is already translated in Russian, it comes with “ru_RU.po” and “ru_RU.mo” files already, that’s roughly about 700-800 strings translated.
2 ) Yes, you can use the theme’s default menu as one level if you don’t want to add any submenus to it
3 ) What do you mean by “left menu navigation”, are you talking about the sidebar??
4 ) Yes, they can link to anything you’d like, just keep in mind that different sliders provide different way of linking.
5 ) Yes, you should be able to
6 ) You could do this yourself with the help of a “Text” widget, additionally if you need a contact form in the sidebar then you could use plugins like “Contact Form 7” for that
7 ) I’m not sure what you mean by “associated services images”?
8 ) What I saw when I opened that link is not an accordion slider. In general you can add any third party slider to the theme fairly easily. So, for example you can easily use these two sliders with the theme:
First I want to say “what a stunning design”! Great work!
1. Is it possible to use your design but turn off all blogging features and have it still look clean and beautiful?
2. If yes to #1, then what issues, if any, would I run into or have potential for if I turned off all blogging features?
if you don’t use any posts then you have all blogging features out of the way, you can just work with Pages.
Thank you for quick reply.
For 3 column portfolio…
1. Can the layout have no space between images and no border around images?
2. When image is enlarged does the viewer have to have rounded corners and can the images be larger?
1. There’s no option to change that, so no. For the image’s frame you could remove it with custom CSS, I can give it to you
2. You can choose from 4-5 prettyPhoto themes offered, so I’m pretty sure there’s at least one with squire white or black look.
My content is very unorganized! I currently am running the thesis theme with a skin from Kolakube. I like your theme mucho!
I am wondering if I can put my blog posts, or pages (some articles), onto the portfolio page for my readers ease of navigation?
I would like to have my articles (posts and pages) on the portfolio page, with thumbnails. That way, readers can click on X, Y, Z to get those articles on the page.
Is this possible? Is it easy?
thank you for your interest in the “U-Design” theme.
For the Portfolio section you can put ONLY posts in it, that’s how it works, and the actual Portfolio page is a Page not a post but for each individual Portfolio Items within that page those are Posts.
feel free to email me and I can give you more information. You can send me an email through my Profile page.
Is there anyway that the slideshow that comes out in the portfolio runs automatically?
Thank you very much.
Thank you for choosing the “U-Design” theme!
Please post any support related questions to the theme’s support forum.
You can subscribe to the Support Forum HERE.
Hello, I am new to this sort of thing. I bought this package, and was wondering how do I go about designing my website through this. I downloaded this program but nothing happen.
A good start is the Documentation. Read my instructions here to see how to get to the documentation and how to install the theme properly: http://themeforest.net/item/udesign-wordpress-theme/253220/faqs
... But how can I change menu item “inicio” (my index page in spanish) witht another text?
Thanks in advance
I’m interested to buy this theme but i want to be sure that it’s possible :
- to add a video in the home slider and both
- to add a aweber inscription in the home slider
Do you have price table codes ?
Thanks a lot and have a nice day !
yes, you could add both, however, it’s not always the best idea to add a form to a slider, you might want to have it outside the slider. You can see Price tables codes in the demo site, also you can always use plugins for that, there are some nice ones on CodeCanyon.
Thank you very much for your rapid and clear answer !!
You’re welcome. If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Is there a sample content available?
Yes, there’s a post in the support forum about that, you’ll see it it’s one of the “sticky” posts there on the home page.
P.S. For future reference, please post any support related questions to the theme’s support forum.
kk thx, will do.
I have a pre sale question.
I notice here that you do not have a WEBSITE field here
can one add a WEBSITE field?
Please email me with your request, I might be able to give you more detailed response via email. You can send me an email through my Profile page.
Also when you reference the demo site you need to get rid of the frame otherwise I have no clue which page you’re referencing. To ease the process for you here’s the direct link to the demo site: http://idesignmywebsite.com/u-design/
This is the page
yes, you can add anything you’d like, I’ve just provided this layout to get you guys started, but you can tweak it to your liking anyway you see fit for your project…
How do we TWEAK IT? aRe you saying we need to know php? or can we add a field?
you tweak it by adding your own or modifying the existing/provided. You don’t need to know PHP, this is HTML code. No, adding a field, would be too restrictive.
I have another pre sale question.
Please look at the left column and you will see a LOGIN IN
What does that mean? Does it mean that people can login?
How do I set that up?
please refer to my previous response to you..
Well I cannot find the page. But you know what I am refering to. LOGIN form.
You must be referring to the “Contact” page, it’s got a Login widget in the sidebar, yes, if you use that form to login it will log you into your WordPress account, it’s the same as when you log into your WordPress admin area. I just created this widget so it’s more convenient for people.
Is there a problem with the theme? When I click on READ MORE
Here it is
Try to click on READ MORE
I see, no, there’s no problem, I just left the links blank, or put some bogus ”#”, when you use this layout in your site you will replace the ”#” with an actual link that points to wherever you want it to link to..
Thanks. Another Question. Can one add a slider to a post?
Lets say I want to tell the world that I just took 20 pictures and want to add a slider to the post.
sure, you can always use a third party slider, there are many great ones on CodeCanyon (http://codecanyon.net) which you can easily install as WP Plugins and insert them anywhere Posts/Pages/Text widgets, etc. with shortcode.
can you be moe specfic? Or were you hoping I would not look at the page? Remember third party slider and wordpress.
can one add a WEBSITE field here?
yes, I thought I already answered that.
I have couple pre-sales questions:
1) Can slider on the top be made clickable through the admin, without any programming knowledge so that it takes a user to separate page?
2) Do we get Photoshop source files with the puchase inclusing fonts used?
3) Are the images in the top slider transparent .png files and do you recommend them to be transparent .png files so they look good?
4) Does template have capability to move sidebar from left to right in the post/page layout as some other themes do?
5) Do you offer customization support where you do extra programming for extra fee if needed?
6) Is this theme responsive?
7) Is it possible to for non-programmer to replace the top menu you are using on: http://themeforest.net/item/udesign-wordpress-theme/full_screen_preview/253220 with the menu that works on the top like this one: http://integritystl.com/ and which plugin do you recommend I purchase for that?
thank you for your interest in the theme.
To your questions:
1 ) Yes you can, some of the, depends on which slider you choose to use, all the Cycle ones you can
2 ) Yes, I’ve included the PSD files, you can see which fonts were used in Photoshop, they are all free fonts so you can get them yourself if you’re missing them from your system
3 ) Again, depends which slider you’re talking about, the most complex slider is the layered Cycle 3, in which the first image is JPG and second layer image is transparent PNG and the third layer is actually free style HTML/Text that you can insert which of course means that you could use another image inserted as HTML if you wish to.
4 ) Yes, you can
5 ) The free support we provide in the support forum is limited strictly to the theme’s default features or any technical issues with the default theme. I have also setup a section called “Hire a Freelancer” where you could post an ad and usually a few people that know the theme well will response and offer you their services for custom work
6 ) The theme works and looks great in all popular mobiles.
I’m looking into making the theme “responsive” but for the moment I don’t have any firm future date to give you. Alternatively, there are services like http://www.dudamobile.com/ that you could use
7 ) I don’t know which menu they are using, generally no, something like this would have to be custom coded
Thank you for quick answers. Couple more questions:
1) What is the name of the top slider you use on the preview page: http://themeforest.net/item/udesign-wordpress-theme/full_screen_preview/253220 – is that Cycle 3 slider?
2) Do you have a demo for darker looking version of the same theme?
3) You advertise background uploader – but WordPress already has ability to easily upload backgrounds. How is yours different?
4) Is part where it says “Creativity often onsists of merely turning up…” widgetized?
5) How would I go about adding a photo into that section – for example right next to the quote?
6) it seems that for the blog to look good: http://themeforest.net/item/udesign-wordpress-theme/full_screen_preview/253220 , I must have plenty of horizontal images which kind of limits me – is this true that I have to look for horizontal images or there is different layout I can choose for default page?
1 ) Yes, it’s Cycle 3
2 ) You could find some examples in the Showcase that are darker HERE
3 ) Yes, the theme is using the WordPress one, I need to update the description, I used to use third party uploader but I updated the theme to use the WordPress one
4 ) Yes, this is part of the “Home Page Before Content” widget area which is positioned immediately after the slider
5 ) It’s a “Text” widget, so you would simply upload your image through a Page or Post or the Media section then just reference that image in your HTML code in that “Text” widget. BTW, in the demo site I have provided all the code I’ve used for the 7 Example Home pages, you can see it HERE
6 ) You don’t have to, you can use any size images, go to page 2 or 3 to see variations of that Blog page.
I have a problem with installing the U-Design Wordpress theme. If i upload the theme in my Wordpress site it says:
Unpacking the package…
Installing the theme…
The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.
Theme install failed.
I can’t push ‘activate’ like in the tutorial. Hope you can help me out!
Please refer to this: http://themeforest.net/item/udesign-wordpress-theme/253220/faqs
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $23.50
This item was featured on ThemeForest
Power Elite Author