If you include their standard cart icon (the one with the side cart functionality) in you Mobile header you will get an ajax error after adding a product to cart.
This error will break the functionality of the quantity buttons on the product page & cart page.
After opening a ticket they insisted that this issue is not theme related even though I explained things very clearly, tested on the parent theme, sent videos, etc.
They insisted that I do a fresh WordPress install, which I did, and the issue also occurs in this case. Therefore it is 100% a theme issue.
Then they stopped answering my emails and showed no intention of fixing the issue.
Other issues I reported and the feedback I got:
- Most plugins will not be able to hook into the user login pop-up (off canvas). Support calls this expected behavior :) You will need paid customization for hooking into the pop-up
- Product page wrapper will behave weirdly on iPhone devices.. you can drag it left/right... Support also calls this expected behavior
- The add to cart pop-up does not display for all added to cart scenarios - Support says I need paid customization to make it functional is all scenarios
- The theme messes with the product reviews form so that it requires custom work for form validation on the same page (simple ajax comment validation plugins will not work). As it is built now, users will get redirected to an error page if some entered data is invalid. So pretty much you won't ever get a review as no one will hit back and reenter all the information.
- Review attachment max upload size doesn't take into account the measurement unit (MB / GB) but rather only the PHP max upload value - Support said that this is a non issue
It's too bad this is the quality of (paid) support because overall, with some customization, the theme is nice. It does not lack in design, but it does lack in strong & complete basic functionality.