Couple of questions before I purchase this theme (it looks awesome).
1. For the default home page slide show, how do you upload images? Is it a simple gallery or is it one of those things where you have to create a bunch of posts/pages and put images in each one.
2. I assume you can disable the text on the images?
3. Is there an option to make the home page slide show show the entire image without cropping?
4.. Is there a blog with no sidebar option? My current blog is 900 px wide and I want to transfer it seamlessly.
1. For all sliders (except One-by-One) you DO NOT NEED to upload each slide separately. You can simply create a slideshow via “Slide shows > add new” interface and bulk upload slides to it.
3. With bit of customization, yes. (our support staff can help with it for free).
4. No, all blog pages comes with sidebar. However you can use specialized WP plugin to regenerate images with desired width.
Would it be possible to create a basic version that works with all versions of IE? I am having the same problem. Lots of potential clients use internet explorer and are just getting a blank screen. That’s not good. I’m about ready to start all over with another theme due to this. If there could be a basic backup for those using IE, so at least they can get to the information, maybe not the graphics. That would be great. What do you think?
Theme must be “readable” in all IEs… Please, submit a request via our online help-desk http://support.dream-theme.com – we’ll get back to you ASAP and take a look what is wrong. Thanks!
Hi Guys, i’ve been tried to buy this theme unsuccessfully via PayPal.
How can i buy then?
I believe there were some issues with paypal recently: http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/paypal-maintenance-and-possible-outages-/93328
I suppose you’ll need to contact Envato support: support.envato.com if you still cannot purchase form ThemeForest…
We’ll not be able to answer comments till monday.
BUT our support team works as usual! If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to submit a request at our helpdesk: http://support.dream-theme.com/
Thank you so much for understanding! Miroslav (from Dream-Theme)
How to changer the text in the filter portfolio “ALL”?
Please note that we provide support only via our online help-desk: http://support.dream-theme.com . Submit a ticket there and we’ll get back to you ASAP. Thanks!
Hia please can you help me urgently? loving the theme btw but nioticesd a few issues! i can add images fine to the media manager and onto a page no problem. The issue i am having is that when i try to add them via an album or a gallery they simply do not show at all? I could understand if no images show on a page but when normall images show i am stumped! please help! ps keep up the good work!!!!!! chris
ps i switched over to the standard wordpress theme just to make sure it wasnt a permission error and it worked fine with twenty twelve.
Is there an easy way to center buttons in a div?
Hi, buttons are “floats” so the easiest way is to create 3 columns and put button in center one.
Where is the instructional guide to the unicorn template, please someone help! I can’t figure out how to get my video widget to work in my sidebar. I’ve entered the video ID and still I get an error code.
I cannot see your buyers badge…
is there a way to create grid/masonry blog pages w/o sidebar?
1. using page builder ? or
2. using portfolio + custom links ? or
3. extrenal plugin (that u suggest) or some other way ?
Unfortunately this feature is not supported for blog.
u really don’ t bother to assist… probably u won’ t need more customers… see how many options i am trying to seek to find a solution and read again your answer…
I’m only saying that Unicorn does not support this feature. And framework underneath it does not allow to implement it in elegant and simple manner. I prefer to tell things “as is” and avoid having unhappy buyer.
But we are definitely taking into account every user opinion. And implementing many features that users requests.
E.g. feature that you’re asking above (as well as many others) is scheduled for our new theme (due in about a month).
We just wanted to let you know that due to Easter holidays in our country support will not be provided from May 2 to May 5. All support requests collected during this period will be processed on Monday, May 6.
Please, excuse us for any inconveniences and thank you for understanding!
I used Contact Form 7 plugin with your Unicorn theme but I noticed that on the homepage under Recent Posts, it automatically creates a blurp for the Contact form 7 (ie. a photo follow by some excerpts).
How do I removed this? I do not wish for the Contact Form to appear on the homepage as an excerpt.
Thanks for the help.
Hello its me again,
I tried to add a support ticket but it is not taking my ITEM PURCHASE CODE.
I can email the code to u guys directly if you reply back to this email. You will need to check your system as to why my item purchase code was not accepted.
HOW TO REPRODUCE IT:
1. log into WP
2. In Settings > Reading > Your Latest Posts is selected (basically homepage will display the latest post)
3. I installed Contact Form 7 plugin
4. Once it got activated on the homepage I noticed an excerpt was generated for it (with photo and content below).
5. If I create another form using Contact Form 7, another excerpt will be generated on the homepage.
How do I prevent this from happening? I do not wish to generate a post on homepage each time a form is created using Contact Form 7.
Envato devs changed the location of license certificate link:) http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/item-purchase-code/96457
Great theme! Where do I add the address and phone number for the stroke at the top?
Theme Options > Misc, block called “Contacts in header”
Could I receive the dummy content (http://themeforest.net/item/unicorn-multipurpose-retina-ready-wp-theme/full_screen_preview/3357525) of your demo? It would make it a lot easyer for me.
Thank you in advance!
There is a file with dummy content in theme archive. If you need content from our demo site, I’m afraid it’s impossible for 2 reasons:
1) Almost all images there are copyrighted and we cannopt redistribute them in any form
2) Demo is huge – WordPress importer will not handle it (unless running on dedicated server)
A few more questions:
- Where can I rename or add a field to the theme’s contact form?
- Is there a translation category in WP Admin? Lots of terms are in english which need to be translated.
- Can portfolio pages also have sidebars?
- The portfolio shows a gallery of 8 items. Can that be easily edited to 16?
- Where do I remove the /dt_portfolio/ in the URL of portfolio pages? I saw someone else asked the same question and the answer was to google it. I did but I did not found a way which worked with this theme.
hi, i wanna add a PHONE filed in the contact form.
how can i do that?
Hi, Build-in form is very simple solution. If you need more sophisticated form, please consider using Contact Form 7 plugin
Wow! I didn’t knew that our programmer added that functionality and support guys created a KB entry for that… Sorry for disinforming you – now I’m really embarrassed
how can I use skype social link?
You can add your Skype in “Theme Options > Misc” in box called “Contacts in header”
Hi, I recently acquired this template, but I have a big problem with it. When creating photo albums, as indicated in the manual, and post the images do not appear this is link to the page I’m working on the template link: http://22.214.171.124/~construa/web/
In this link I mounted sutedes demo offered as support and the same is happening to me link: http://126.96.36.199/~construa/web2/?page_id=92#all/1/list
few questions b4 purchasing.
Is there Drop caps in shortcodes, im not seeing it but you have so many maybe its there just not described
Also, main thing, i like how your video gallery works. But can do you have something in the theme where i can make a small button/image like u have in gallery to load the video ontop of page instead of redirct like in gallery?
> Is there Drop caps in shortcodes
Im afraid no.
> make a small button/image like u have in gallery to load the video ontop of page
In most themes (including Unicorn) that uses PrettyPhoto or Highslide liteboxes you can insert it manually in code-editing mode.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Power Elite Author
Deliver better projects faster. Photos, templates & courses
Unlimited downloads. Only $29/month
Learn almost anything with
Envato Tuts+ for free
9000 free tutorials, 3000 paid courses
Designers matched perfectly to
you on Envato Studio
2000 artists ready to undertake your work