Voice is a responsive WordPress magazine/blog theme created with news/magazine/editorial websites in mind. It comes packed with features including WooCommerce integration for your eCommerce requirements, and bbPress to build a powerful community or social network website.
Voice for WordPress is highly customizable with an advanced Theme Options Panel that allows you to quickly and easily create a style to suit your needs.
It is also flexible enough to meet a variety of needs with unlimited fonts & colors available at a click of a button. Voice was been created and developed with a modern responsive design, awesome typography and a focus on readability to provide your visitors with a quality user experience.
Voice features list
- Responsive Design – Responsive means your content will scale seamlessly on all of today’s modern devices including desktops, laptops, tablets and mobile phones. Responsive mode is optional and it can be easily switched off through the Theme Options.
- Advanced Theme Options Panel – Voice comes with an advanced, easy to use Theme Options Panel. You can setup your website in as little as 5 minutes!
- Built-in Performance Options – Voice has been optimized for speed. Built-in performance options will ensure that your website loads fast, and runs smoothly.
- Branding – Unlimited Fonts & Colors – Voice provides options for unlimited fonts and color combinations as well as dedicated sections to upload your logo and icons, depending on your taste. Add a personal touch to your website!
- eader Layouts + Sticky Header + Mega Menu System – Voice comes packed with several Header Layouts to match your personal taste. You can have a Classic, Simple Header with Navigation, or something more complex with Ads and Banners.
- Over 150 Post Listing Combinations – We provide 7 main Layouts for your Post listings, as well as 3 more Layouts for Featured Area Posts. You can even combine all of them and create almost endless possibilities!
- Smart Post Listings (Modules) – We provide a simple and easy-to-use, but powerful solution for Multiple Posts listings on the same page, called Modules. You can create as many Post Modules as you wish, grouping them by specific criteria and display them in a specific layout.
Advanced post selection/filtering – Within each module, you can:
- Select Posts from one or more specific categories
- Order Posts by Date, Number of Views, Number of Comments or Random
- Display Posts which are not older than a specific time difference
- Manually pick Posts for each module
- Unlimited Sidebars + Sticky Sidebars – You can add as many sidebars as you want. Then you can assign specific sidebars to any Post, Page or a Category. Apply Sticky Sidebars to each template, allowing those widgets to be visible while scrolling through the website’s content.
- Paginated/multi-page posts – For maximum monetization potential via ads on your new website, Voice includes a very intuitive design for Posts which are split into multiple pages. A great way to boost your page views with ease and increase your passive earnings!
- Smart Categories – Choose a Layout, Color, Featured area, Pagination type and number of Posts Per Page for a completely different look for each category on your website! Voices’ Smart Categories make your website infinitely more flexible.
Additional Custom Widgets – Alongside the standard WordPress widgets, Voice features several custom widgets that further extend its functionality:
- Voice Posts – Display your posts in a stylish way similar to standard WordPress Post widget, but with many more flexible options!
- Voice Video – Easily display YouTube or Vimeo videos with this widget
- Meks Easy Ads Widget – A great solution for displaying ads on your website
- Meks Smart Social Widget – A dedicated widget to easily display Social Media icons
- Meks Smart Author Widget – Use this widget to display your User/Author profile info
- Meks Simple Flickr Widget – You can display your flickr photo-stream with this widget
- Meks Smart ThemeForest Widget – You can display your own or other users’ ThemeForest items here, for additional affiliate income potential
- Four Pagination Types – You can have a classic Older Posts/Newer Posts navigation, Numeric Pagination, Load More buttons or Infinite Scroll. This feature is not limited to a global setting either, you can apply different pages with different pagination types wherever you like.
- Built-in Banner Ads System – Monetize your website! No more hassle with sloppy one-off text Widgets all over the place, Voice allows you to easily place a Banner Ads on your Homepage, Archive Pages or Single Posts. All of this without coding a single line!
- Support for post views number – Voice also supports Entry Views WordPress plugin, which is used to count views for each post. Smart options are also available so your Posts can be filtered by number of views.
- WP Review Plugin Support – Voice supports one of the most popular WordPress rating plugins, WP Review, to help you can increase the user interaction on your website by rating products and services.
- Related posts – Of course you could use one of many Related Post plugins, instead Voice includes a simple, yet powerful, solution for displaying Related Posts within any particular Page or Post with no additional plugin required!
- Built-in Theme Translator – If you want to modify or translate the text on your website, you can do it very easily in the theme options panel. Note that .po and .mo language files are provided. Standard WordPress translation and Multilingual Website is also supported.
- One Click Easy Updates – You can connect your website with the Envato official API to be notified about upcoming updates through your Admin Dashboard. Every time a Voice update is released, you can update with a single click, just like you would for any other theme hosted on the official WordPress repository.
- Social Sharing Integrated – To create a truly awesome website you need great content that people will want to share. With that in mind Voice comes complete with Social Media integration of the popular social networks, all designed with a perfectly balanced look and feel.
- Shortcodes – Add complex elements to your content easily with 12 flexible shortcodes. Shortcodes are small pieces of code that you can insert into any Page or Post to create beautiful columns, separators, highlights, dropcaps, buttons, pull quotes, progress bars, social icons, tabs, toggles and accordions with minimal fuss.
- WooCommerce Support – Voice has been thoroughly developed with eCommerce at its core. Your new website can add a fully functioning shop with the advanced features offered by the WooCommerce WordPress plugin!
- bbPress Support – Need to run a Forum? With Voice you can rest assured that your website will run with the industry standard Forum Plugin bbPress, seamlessly integrated into your new website, all tested to run smoothly with no coding required.
- Post formats support – Besides standard posts, this theme supports Video, Audio, Image and Gallery Post formats. Also, most WordPress common embedding features are supported so you can easily embed Facebook updates, Tweets, instagrams, Soundcloud, Youtube, Vimeo…
- RTL Support – Supports Right-To-Left oriented reading which is an essential requirement when you are running a website with global reach! Simply turn this option on in the Theme Options Panel.
- Full Documentation + Demo Content Included – Learn step-by-step how to setup this theme and master its options quickly and easily, with our comprehensive documentation. A demo content XML file is also included in the download, so you get content very similar to our demo website ready to start tweaking! You can easily set Voice up to look amazing in around 5 minutes.
- Dedicated Support – If you have any questions, issues, feature ideas, do not hesitate to contact us. We do our best to respond as soon as possible and help you out!
= 2.2.1 = * Fixed: Modified date meta (added in 2.2) not displaying properly if "time ago" option is set to off
= 2.2 = * Added: Option to display "Modified date" in meta data for each post layout (Theme Options -> Post Layouts) * Added: Option to order posts by "Modified date" in Modules and Featured Area * Added: WhatsApp share button option (Theme Options -> Single Post, Theme Options -> Page ) * Added: Autoplay/rotate option for Voice Posts Widget (slider style) * Improved: Reading time and text excerpt functionality now works fine for languages with special characters (i.e. Russian, Hebrew, Turkish…) * Fixed: Apply category color in main menu when category is "active" * Fixed: Posts per page option not working for each category separately if global "posts per page" option for categories is set to "inherit" * Fixed: Exclude by tag option not working in modules * Fixed: Minor styling issues in responsive and rtl mode
= 2.1 = * Added: Two new demo examples (Theme Options -> Demo Importer) * Added: Option for mobile retina logo (Theme Options -> Header ) * Added: "Do not display title publicly" option for modules so you can see the title in admin but hide it on the front-end * Added: "Custom CSS class" option field for modules with which you get a possibility to apply custom styling to some modules using CSS * Added: Possibility to add telephone number to social menu using "tel:+xxxxxxxx" * Added: More social icons for social menu ( updated FontAwesome icons library) * Fixed: Sticky sidebar conflicts * Fixed: Minor IE issues * Fixed: Minor styling issues in responsive and rtl mode
=2.0.2= * Added: Option to sort posts in ascending or descending order in modules (Modules Template) * Added: Option to choose whether to include or exclude posts from selected categories (Modules Template) * Added: Option to choose whether to include or exclude posts from selected tags (Modules Template) * Added: Option to enable "multibyte" support and calculate reading time properly for some specific languages (Theme Options -> Misc.) * Fixed: Support for WPML search functionality * Fixed: Minor styling conflict with WP Review plugin latest version * Fixed: Minor styling issues in various browsers, responsive and rtl mode
= 2.0.1 = * Fixed: Problem with editing category layouts in WP 4.5
= 2.0 = * Added: Performance (minification) options to speed up your website easily ( Theme Options -> Performance ) * Added: Ads/banner slots to display ads on various places (Theme Options -> Ads) * Added: Support for post reviews system using WP Review WordPress Plugin (stars, points and percentage review type). You can also order posts in modules by review score! * Improved: Sticky sidebar functionality * Fixed: Minor styling issues in various browsers, RTL and responsive mode
= 1.6 = * Added: New post layout - Layout H (Theme Options -> Post Layouts) * Added: Option to slide posts in Mega Menu (Theme Options -> Header) * Added: Option to display subcategories in Mega Menu (Theme Options -> Header) * Added: Option to on/off zoom effect on featured images (Theme Options -> Miscellaneous) * Added: Option to display category link in Voice Posts Widget * Added: Various options to customize authors list template (Authors Page Template) * Added: Option to enable multibyte post excerpts, i.e for Janapese characters (Theme Options -> Miscellaneous) * Improved: Minor styling issues in various browsers and responsive mode
= 1.5.2 = * Fixed: Voice widgets throwing notices in WordPress 4.3 if WP_DEBUG mode is enabled
= 1.5.1 = * Fixed: Wrong author name and link in modules and archive pages (appeared in 1.5) * Fixed: Featured image caption not being displayed on single posts with cover layout
= 1.5 = * Added: New layout with big featured image (cover) for single posts (Theme Options -> Single Post) * Added: Option to choose content instead of excerpt for Layout A (Theme Options -> Post Layouts) * Added: Option to add "read more" button for Layout A and C (Theme Options -> Post Layouts) * Added: Option to filter posts by tag (Voice Posts Widget) * Fixed: Minor styling issues
= 1.4 = * Added: Option to choose sidebars for WooCommerce pages (Theme Options -> WooCommerce) * Added: Option to choose sidebars for bbPress pages (Theme Options -> bbPress) * Added: Option to add link to module title * Added: Option to choose position of comment form above/below comments (Theme Options -> Single Post) * Added: Option to display social icons in author widget (Meks Smart Author Widget) * Added: Option to order posts by title (Modules, Featured Area & Voice Posts Widget) * Added: Option to select upper limit for time selection in modules * Added: Official support for wp title (for WP version 4.1+) * Improved: Gallery with 2 & 3 columns on full width posts/pages * Fixed: Issue with responsive adsense in header ad area * Fixed: Small issue with comments pagination * Fixed: Minor styling issues
=1.3.2= * Added: Security update - Redux options panel and TGM plugin installer (as suggested by Envato), now you are 100% safe * Added: New demo importer for easier setup * Improved: Infinite scroll clunky loading in some cases * Fixed: HTML/text module not working properly when added as the last module on the page * Fixed: Header ad not displaying in responsive mode * Fixed: Live preview not working in some cases * Fixed: Lots of minor bugs and styling issues which are reported by users in various browsers as well as in responsive mode
=1.3.1= * Fixed: Bug with Voice posts widget * Fixed: Problem with SEO by Yoast breadcrumbs generating empty space when bred crumb option is disabled
= 1.2.1 = * Improved: Fixed minor bugs and styling issues which are reported by users in various browsers as well as in responsive mode
= 1.2 = * Added: Possibility to display actual page content in Modules page template * Added: Authors Page Template - Lists all your blog authors automatically on this page * Added: Option to position author box above or below related post area (Theme Options -> Single Post) * Added: Option to display caption for featured images on single posts and pages (Theme Options -> Single Post/Page) * Added: Possibility to show pages in featured area and modules (in manual mode) * Added: Option to always center text vertically over the images in featured area (Theme Options -> Post Layouts -> Featured area grid slider) * Added: Option to upload logo for retina displays * Added: Option to apply category colors in main navigation instead of accent color (Theme Options -> Header Styling) * Added: Option to display featured image and headline on first page of paginated posts * Improved: CSS styling/crossbrowser/responsive tweaks for minor issues * Fixed: Posts in modules not ordered properly for "Number of comments" option
= 1.1 = * Added: Color option for website title if logo is not used (Theme Options -> Header Styling) * Added: Option to automatically select posts from child categories if parent category is selected (in Modules Template) * Added: Options to use meta data in Voice posts widget (date/time, comments, author, etc...) * Added: Options to display post reading time in meta data list (Theme Options -> Post Layouts and Single Post) * Added: RSS and email icons (for Social Menu) * Added: Option to move navigation links for paginated post below content (Theme Options -> Single Post) * Improved: Post gallery - Now images can be navigated in pop-up mode and it will aslo display image captions * Improved: Smarter Sticky Header (better experience on devices with small screen / hide on scroll down and show on scroll up) * Improved: CSS styling/crossbrowser/responsive tweaks for minor issues * Improved: Sliders in RTL mode * Fixed: Category link on/off not working on Layout G * Fixed: Sticky sidebar option for posts and pages not working in some cases * Fixed: Manual post pick option not working in modules in some cases
= 1.0 = * Initial release
We would like to say big thanks to these great people for their products that helped us develop this theme!
- FitVids – http://fitvidsjs.com
- Magnific Popup – http://dimsemenov.com/plugins/magnific-popup
- Match Height – http://brm.io/jquery-match-height
- Owl Carousel – http://www.owlcarousel.owlgraphic.com
- ImagesLoaded – http://plugins.jquery.com/imagesloaded
- Sidr – https://github.com/artberri/sidr
- HTML5 Shiv – https://github.com/aFarkas/html5shiv
- Redux Options Framework – http://reduxframework.com
- TGM Plugin Activation – http://tgmpluginactivation.com
- Pixelentity Theme Update Class – http://pixelentity.com
- Hybrid Media Grabber – http://themehybrid.com/hybrid-core
Font Awesome – http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome
All images used on demo website are either purchased from ShutterStock or downloaded from Unsplash and they are all credited to their respective creators/owners. These images are not included in theme package.