Volt is a responsive magazine WordPress theme designed for online newspaper, magazines and editorial ventures. With content and readability being primary goal, the theme is designed with flexible layout pattern and good space for advertisements.
Volt comes with layout swapping option that will let you move site content in desirable location, and is helpful when you are experimenting with visual hierarchy and user eye pattern. Backed with custom widgets, visual short codes, exclusive widget areas and custom page templates, the theme is envisioned to provide you more flexibility and ease-of-customization for your online editorial projects.
- Clean design, WordPress 5.2+ ready
- Fully responsive and retina ready
- Full RTL Language Support
- Multi columnar Layout
– Three Columnar: Content + Wide Sidebar A + Narrow Sidebar B
– Two Columnar: Content + Wide Sidebar A
– Two Columnar: Content + Narrow Sidebar B
- Modern slim menu with sticky feature – New
- WooCommerce 3.0+ ready
6 Layout Swapping options for content and sidebars
- Posts Slider using jQuery FlexSlider
- Slider and Post shortcodes supporting query from categories, tags, page/post IDs, Custom Post Types
- jQuery powered WordPress menus in two locations
- Sticky menu support for top menu and main menu
- Built in Social Sharing buttons for single posts (Facebook, Twitter, GooglePlus, Pinterest and LinkedIn)
- 7 widget areas (one in header, two in sidebars and four in footer)
- Exclusive sidebar widget areas per page and post
- WordPress custom background supported
- Shortcodes in Visual Editor with individual options
- Custom page templates for archive and page layouts
- Unbranded Theme Options Panel
- Custom page and post options panel
- 6 custom widgets (flickr, social icons, recent posts, popular posts, custom categories, mini folio)
- Built in ajax/php contact page template with validation
- Single post features include author bio, related posts and multi-level threaded comments with gravatar support
- Inline advertisement blocks for single posts. Managed via post options panel
- Style elements like tabs, accordion, lists, buttons, boxes, etc.
- Fully translation ready. Sample .pot template file included.
- Sample dummy data in text and XML format
- Step-by-step guide and detailed documentation for theme installation and configuration
- Supported on all major browsers
- Professional support on time
= Oct 24, 2017 / version 3.9.4 = * Fixed deprecated WooCommerce function in cart contents * Checked and ensured compatibility with WooCommerce 3.2.1
= Apr 08, 2017 / version 3.9.3 = * Added comaptibility for WooCommerce 3.0+ * Added product gallery slider, lightbox, swipe and zoom support * Added left margin and a dash for sub lists inside sidebar widgets
= Nov 15, 2016 / version 3.9.2 = * Fixed: Default post width was set to full. Reverted back to normal size.
= Nov 14, 2016 / version 3.9.1 = * Added full width option for single posts (See post options panel) * Option to set content width as full, medium or small for full width posts
= Nov 13, 2016 / version 3.9.0 = * Added slim header style (logo + menu in one row). (Choose inside Volt Options > Header) * Improved sticky menus * Updated TGM plugin activation class * Updated fontawesome icon set to 4.7.0
= Sep 29, 2016 / version 3.8.3 = * Fixed variable notation for compatibility with php 7
= Sep 28, 2016 / version 3.8.2 = * Fixed: Blank link URLs on related posts and archive thumbnails
= Aug 22, 2016 / version 3.8 = * Security update (includes data sanitization and validation for all core files) * Updated TGM Plugin activation class to v2.6.1 * Updated fontawesome library to v4.6.3 * Added filter 'volt_related_posts_heading' for related posts heading * Added .pot translation file * Improved mobile menu with collapsible sub menu items * Improved typography and font selection * Removed touch icon and favicon feature. Now uses WordPress site icon feature.
= Apr 15, 2016 / version 3.7.1 = * Fixed get_currentuserinfo() deprecated function for WordPress 4.5
= Apr 13, 2016 / version 3.7 = * Added code compatibility for php 7 * Added megamenu feature using class names (See documentation for usage) * Added compatibility for WP Review plugin * Added .pot template file for translation * Fixed image size handle in Recent, Popular and Minifolio widget * Added shortcode reference inside documentation
= Mar 09, 2016 / version 3.6 = * Improved design elements and typography * Global font changed to Roboto * Added new icons in Social links widget * Updated fontawesome icon library to v4.5
Full changelog can be found inside main download’s ‘changelog’ folder.
Sources and Credits
I have used images for live preview from the following artists, as listed:
Some images from Fotolia with regular license purchase.
Above mentioned images are copyrighted to their respective owners, and are Creative Commons-licensed for commercial use, adaptation, modification or building upon. The images are used for demo purpose and are NOT included with the download. I am grateful to all these artists/photographers for providing the content for use under ‘Creative Commons’ for the community.
Thank you for stopping by and browsing my theme. If you have any questions related to the theme, you can ask on the comments section, or drop me a mail from my profile message box. I’d be glad to respond to your queries.