Envato Tuts+ Courses
- Video courses taught by expert instructors.
- Learn new skills from start to finish.
- Downloadable Source Files also available on GitHub.
Building watch support into your app is a great way to stand out in the crowded App Store. To do so, you’ll need to learn how to target watchOS 2 and WatchKit. watchOS 2 brings all new features to WatchKit, allowing better integration with the Apple Watch hardware.
In this course, Envato Tuts+ instructor Derek Jenson will show you how easy it is to create a fully functional app targeting watchOS 2. In less than an hour, we’ll build a stocks tracker with an attractive interface and a connection to the Yahoo Finance API.
What You’ll Learn
- Step-by-step instructions on building a watchOS 2 app from scratch.
- How to use the Yahoo Query Language (YQL) to access data publicly accessible from Yahoo.
- How to build an Apple Watch user interface and update it programmatically.
- How to use simple visual cues to help the user find information more quickly.
About the Instructor
Derek Jensen is a lifetime nerd who calls the Chicagoland area home. His day job consists of writing highly transactional back-end web services, data access layers, and n-tier applications using the .NET Framework in C#. You can check out his website, follow him on Twitter, and see his profile on GitHub.