Envato Tuts+ Courses
- Video courses taught by expert instructors.
- Learn new skills from start to finish.
- Downloadable Source Files also available on GitHub.
Ruby on Rails has changed the world of web development since version 1 was released in 2004. It has become known since that time as a powerful framework that allows web applications to be built with relative ease. It’s a framework designed with developer productivity and happiness in mind. It’s also a framework that continues to change and evolve!
In this course, Envato Tuts+ instructor José Mota will give you a preview of some of the new features of the upcoming Rails release: version 5. You’ll get a look at some of the biggest changes and deprecations, as well as a preview of the latest versions of built-in libraries like Turbolinks, ActionCable and Sprockets. You’ll also see the newly integrated Rails API functionality. Best of all, you’ll learn how to get started using Rails 5 beta today!
What You’ll Learn
- The main deprecations for Rails 5.
- Features that already existed in Rails 4, but have been tweaked to work better.
- How to use new ActiveRecord features to solve common problems.
- How to use the Rails API, which is baked into the standard distribution in Rails 5.
- What’s new in Turbolinks 3, ActionCable, and more.
About the Instructor