Well first for taking the time the time to write the review, I hope you'll have time to read the answer.
1. Well, first as of right now, the history is not saved as that'd provide ton of useless metadata but it can be changed very easily if needed. Here is why we used widgets:
WordPress widgets can be added by ANY plugin, meaning you can build your own widget or use any of the 50000 WordPress plugins available to add their widget to the dashboard. Which you can't do with anything else but widgets. So any plugin can be added, including in your case shortcode support: https://wordpress.org/plugins/shortcode-widget/ You can also add page content if needed and any kind of data. Custom HTML for sure: https://wordpress.org/plugins/enhanced-text-widget/
This dashboard has been improved by adding an exclusive drag & drop support and will be improved in the future, we're looking for ideas ;)
2. We use Unyson because it's built-in with Woffice so it helps avoiding having too many plugins. BUT Woffice works just fine with the Visual composer and you are free to use it in your side if that makes your life easier.
3. What about the built-in Page options? You can change every page's title, image, layout...Let us know what could be improved and that'll be on our roadmap.
4. This was done in order to provider better features for our users. To get the demo style, you just need to update Woffice (as explained here: https://alkaweb.ticksy.com/article/4136/) and that'll be automatically updated. You can find all the details about why / when we introduced a second plugin here: https://alkaweb.ticksy.com/article/8855/
5. I really don't understand your one-star rating after you say: " I severely urge again buying this theme.". Would really appreciate more details here though. Here is a list of what Woffice can do and that you won't find in any "Multipurpose top seller" theme:
- Complete project manager extension with tasks, file manager, built-in comments, roles, calendar sync
- Time tracking widget for your staff
- WordPress exclusive Slack integration
- Safety and security controller
- Live notifications
- Drag & Drop user dashboard
- Exclusive wiki manager
- Exclusive directory extension
- Custom members directory with custom fields
- Members map directory
- Frontend creation / edit for most post types
- REST API security
- Active directory extensive support.
- ... the list is long and growing: hub.alka-web.com/woffice/changelog I guess you didn't used all those features, and no problem :) I'm just saying Woffice has a specific audience and does bring innovation.
If by any chance you had appreciated the support or anything else our work, we'd really appreciate a rating update because 1-star is kinda rough and hard for the work / innovation placed in this item.
Of course, we're always listening for ideas / feedback, feel free to let us know what we could improve at contact[at]alka-web.com