Good theme but some little things are behaving a bit weird. Not everything is customizable so it takes more tweaks than I want.
Sorry for any inconvenience you had. We don't get any your contact from you yet until now. May I have you create a topic on the forum about "little things are behaving a bit weird" so we can check? We'll try our best to assist you.
Here is the support forum https://thimpress.com/forums/forum/squareroot-theme/
Update to my previous review - I realised I had requested support out of working week. Support did come back first thing Monday morning and fully resolved the issues. This theme definitely needs an in built, clear functionality for importing demo content however - forums reveal numerous topics on this subject and, although support always resolve, building this in would mitigate the need to contact them in the first place. Hence one star lost, but otherwise a clean, modern and responsive theme.
I really like this theme, but I had to abandon it for another one that was more flexible and suited my needs better.
Creative professionals should take note, you can only post 9 items in the portfolio section and any images you post will auto display to it's default resolution which you have no control over.
Customer support was available, but it was always a full day before I got a response (understandable considering we are on opposite sides of the world) and sometimes it could take days to resolve simple issues.
I'm really sorry for any inconvenience you had. It's unfortunately with this assessment, we have always worked hard to bring the best satisfies for you.
About portfolio, we added option to allow to configure number items show below page portfolio so that user can change number showing items.
About support, i found that we tried to responded as soon as received the topic, a few hours. He even responded even at midnight. Sometimes it may be slower at the weekend.
Anyway, i hope that you can consider to change this review to become better. Please let us know if you need more assistance.
This is an awesome theme and I have been very happy with it. The support I have received from ThimPress has been exceptional as well, very fast to respond and willing to dive into the site the help root out issues.
Highly recommend this theme to anyone looking for a clean, professional, and easy to use design that can you can get off the ground quickly.
Thank you for your support. You solved my problem but I'd have prefered that you explain why my website did have this problem rather than giving you my login account.
Thank you for your contribute feedback. We updated theme version 2.7 • 2017.04.06. It updates featured as you want. We'll try to improve our support service. Please contact with us if you need further support or discuss more featured of theme.
Overall a good theme, with some "buts" when you go into detail. PLUS first:
- good support, reply within 24-48 hours, very helpful
- very responsive and works perfectly on different devices and web browsers
- great theme documentation, you can more or less easily set up your page when you follow documentation instructions
- sleek design, well-structured layout, overall L&F is great
I only gave 3 stars cause there are some MINUS points which are, for me, essential for a special resume/portfolio theme:
- resume part: programmed like a blog post item with too less flexibility, segment categories like Education and Experience are programmed to show in alphabetical order what means I cannot put Experience before Education, date format is depending on your general blog post date format settings, what means there is no possibility to have something like 01/2011-02/2014 (what is crucial for a resume). There should come an update or plug in to fix this but could not yet check it
- portfolio part: same date format issue like for resume, also programmed like a blog post item what makes it a bit hard to adjust to your project showcase needs (there is e.g. no possibility to have a different header image for each project). I would prefer something more customizable for these essential theme parts resume and portfolio without having to go into the CSS of the theme....
- update documentation is not satisfying, there was an update on 5th January but with no proper documentation what has been changed and also the portfolio post was gone after installing, the Envato plug in which is supposed to update thimpress themes from your dashboard does not work properly either, it doesn't even mention the update from 5th Jan 17
Overall a very good looking theme for resume/portfolio if you do not have too many intentions to adjust resume/portfolio part according to individual needs. Therefore, I personally think it is too expensive for the features you get for these specific items
Thank you for your constructive reviews both of positive and negative. That is the motivation for our development. I would like to say something with remain issue you're mentioning:
- Resume: We changed and improved it becomes plugin with flexible options to meet customer's needs. You can update theme to update plugin.
- Portfolio: Current theme has option to change header image of each project. And we're considering to update some options such order by date in next version. And if you want, we can give you some custom work for some change structure of theme to meet your needs.
- Documentation: We'll update document in couple of next days for more detail and update options.
I also contact with you via email and hope to hear feedback from you via email.