Envato Tuts+ Courses
- Video courses taught by expert instructors.
- Learn new skills from start to finish.
- Downloadable Source Files also available on GitHub.
Themes let you customize every aspect of the design and functionality of a WordPress site. But what if you want to let your client customize some aspect of the theme? Perhaps you want to sell a theme on Envato Market and you want to let buyers adjust the color scheme and logo to match their brand. That’s where the WordPress theme Customizer comes in. By making your theme customizer-ready, you let site owners instantly change their website look and feel from within the WordPress admin UI.
In this course, Envato Tuts+ instructor Rachel McCollin will teach you how to harness the power of the Customizer in your themes. You’ll see how easy it is to let users of your theme customize the color scheme of their site and add elements like logos and text.
What You’ll Learn
- The Customizer interface in WordPress, how to interact with it, and how to set up Customizer support in your theme.
- How to create a control that lets users add text to their site.
- How to enable image uploads in the Customizer.
- How to create color picker controls to let users edit the color scheme.
About the Instructor
Rachel McCollin is a WordPress developer who writes books, articles and tutorials about web design and development, with a focus on WordPress and on responsive and mobile development. She runs a web design agency in Birmingham, UK and has published three books on WordPress. Find out more on her website, on Twitter, or on LinkedIn.