November 2, 2021 | Version: 9.1 (Release Notes) | Latest Version: 9.1.4.
X – Overview
Stacks – X includes multiple unique designs inside of one powerful WordPress theme, and we refer to these designs as “Stacks.” There are currently four Stacks available in X. It’s like buying one theme and constantly getting access to new designs all the time! We have created multiple unique demos so be sure to check them all out.
Extensions – Easily build upon the firm foundation X has already provided with an incredible lineup of additional plugins. Within the X ecosystem, Extensions are comprised of plugins built by our staff to work seamlessly with X, as well as third party plugins by developers we’ve partnered with to bring you great features that we’ve integrated tightly into the theme. This keeps X lean for those who might not need a certain feature and as efficient as possible for those who do! Be sure to check out a full list of our Extensions for more information on these amazing features that are included for free with each unique purchase as well as this FAQ explaining how the licensing works.
Experts – X was built upon the input of industry-leading experts. We consulted numerous individuals and asked them what sort of features they wanted to see in a theme from an SEO standpoint, design, feature-set, et cetera, and built their suggestions right into the theme. Forget the marketing speak, X truly delivers on what it promises.
Theme Options Panel – Being on the cutting edge of WordPress development is something we wanted to do from the start. Because of that, we made sure that we avoided the use of clunky additional admin panels and instead, opted to utilize a powerful, recently rebuilt theme options panel. With this setup, you can preview all of the changes you make to your site live without any need to switch windows or refresh the browser in addition to searching for exactly what you need. When you’re happy with your changes, select “Save” and your updates will go live. All of the following can be edited:
- Stack selection (Integrity, Renew, Icon, or Ethos)
- Site layout (fullwidth or boxed)
- Site max-width (in pixels)
- Site width (in percentage)
- Content layout (content left – sidebar right, sidebar left – content right, or fullwidth)
- Background color, pattern, image, and image fade
- Countless Stack-specific options
- Enable custom fonts and their subsets if desired
- Logo font, color, size, weight, letter spacing, and choose to enable uppercase styling
- Navbar link color, link color hover, size, weight, and choose to enable uppercase styling
- Headings font, color, weight, letter spacing, and choose to enable uppercase styling
- Body font, color, size (base and content area), and weight
- Link color and link color hover
- Button style (3D, flat, or transparent)
- Button shape (square, rounded, or pill)
- Button size (mini, small, regular, large, extra large, or jumbo)
- Button font color, background color, and border color (and set values for the hover as well)
- Header position (static top, fixed top, fixed left, or fixed right)
- Logo and navigation layout (inline or stacked)
- Enable or disable Navbar Search
- Navbar top height (in pixels)
- Navbar side width (in pixels)
- Logo upload
- Make logo retina ready
- Navbar top and side logo alignment (in pixels)
- Navbar top and side link alignment (in pixels)
- Mobile navbar button alignment (in pixels)
- Mobile navbar button size (in pixels)
- Header widget areas (one, two, three, or four)
- Header widget area button color
- Header widget area button color hover
- Enable or disable topbar
- Topbar content for taglines, contact information, or secondary navigation (accepts HTML input)
- Enable or disable breadcrumbs
- Enable or disable top footer area)
- Footer widget areas (one, two, three, or four)
- Enable or disable bottom footer, footer menu, footer social menu, and footer content area
- Bottom footer content (accepts HTML input)
- Enable or disable the Scroll Top Anchor, allowing your users to return to the top of your site with the click of a mouse
- Update blog style (standard or masonry)
- Update blog layout
- Update archive style (standard or masonry)
- Update archive layout
- Enable or disable post meta
- Enable the excerpt or full post content on your index page
- Custom URL slug for your portoflio items
- Enable cropped featured images
- Enable or disable portfolio item meta
- Custom portfolio tag list title
- Custom portfolio project title
- Custom portfolio project button text
- Enable or disable social sharing links on portfolio items
- Manage and preview your bbPress setup
- Update bbPress layout
- Enable or disable bbPress Navbar Menu
- Manage and preview your BuddyPress setup
- Update BuddyPress layout
- Enable or disable BuddyPress Navbar Menu
- Custom BuddyPress component titles
- Custom BuddyPress component subtitles (in applicable Stacks)
- Manage and preview your WooCommerce shop
- Update shop layout
- Select product columns
- Posts per page for the shop
- Enable or disable various product tabs with ease
- Enable or disable Related Products and alter their appearance (post count, columns, et cetera)
- Enable or disable Upsells and alter their appearance (post count, columns, et cetera)
- Enable or disable Cross Sells and alter their appearance (post count, columns, et cetera)
- Adjust WooCommerce widget image alignment
- Profiles for Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Foursquare, YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, Pinterest, Dribbble, Behance, Tumblr, and RSS
- Site icons (favicon, touch icon, tile icon, and tile icon background color)
- Input custom CSS right in the Theme Customizer
- Manage all of your widgetized areas right in the Theme Customizer
- And so much more!
Responsive – Let’s face it: we live in a mobile world. It’s absolutely essential that your website be as accessible as possible on all devices. However, we felt that responsive design was something else we wanted to make even better. Instead of utilizing a design that merely changes every so often at fixed breakpoints, we opted for a completely fluid (percentage-based) design that looks great on all screen sizes (even the “in-between” ones). It’s something that truly has to be seen to gather the whole experience. So fire up your 27” iMac, 11” netbook, Kindle Fire, Android phone, or anything else you can conjure up – X will look fabulous on all of them.
Page Builder – X customers can choose between Cornerstone, our incredible 100% front-end page builder or Visual Composer for use within X. Both plugins are included with each verified purchase.
Typography – The web is first and foremost a typographic medium. Because of that, we wanted to ensure that the level of control over your site’s type was unparalleled in any other WordPress theme on the market. We’ve not only included over 600 free Google Fonts to use in your theme, we’ve made it so that all respective weights of each font are dynamically loaded, ultimately providing you with more choice, and better overall site performance. Adjust sizes, colors, letter spacing, capitalization, and so much more with X’s near endless typographic options.
Elements – The bread and butter of any good theme. Elements enable you to become a power user and take your site to new heights. But you’re only as good as what you’re provided with in your theme. With X, we’ve built 40+ stellar Elements (plenty of them truly one of a kind), allowing you to build virtually any layout your mind can imagine. All of them are available via Cornerstone for easy maintenance. Included Elements are as follows:
- Cart Dropdown
- Cart Modal
- Cart Off Canvas
- Content Area
- Content Area Dropdown
- Content Area Modal
- Content Area Off Canvas
- Creative CTA
- Form Integration
- Global Block
- Navigation Collapsed
- Navigation Dropdown
- Navigation Inline
- Navigation Layered
- Navigation Modal
- Raw Content
- Search Dropdown
- Search Inline
- Search Modal
- Widget Area
To see examples of the Elements and how they look in each Stack, check out our Elements Overview article.
Navigation – Utilize dozens of navigation options including positioning, height, centering, integrated search, and much more. The sky is the limit!
Megamenus – Looking to display lots of content? Megamenus provide you with a visually engaging way to organize complex navigation layouts.
Search – Our optional search functionality takes the traditional search form into the 21st century with clean styling and ease of use (it’s slick).
One Page Sites – Easily setup one page navigation with X on your homepage or across multiple pages to create unique and engaging layouts for your visitors.
WooCommerce – Easily transform your WordPress website into a full fledged eCommerce storefront with the click of a mouse (and for absolutely no additional cost). The X WordPress theme is fully integrated with the WooCommerce plugin for those who need it; however, if you do not need an eCommerce feature on your site there will be no additional impact on your site?s performance. X only uses what needs to be used at any given time, keeping load times fast and visitors happy. But that?s not all! Since X was created to support multiple, completely unique designs called Stacks, each Stack has it?s own look and feel when it comes to WooCommerce integration. If you are looking for an eCommerce solution, you now have multiple completely unique looks to choose from! Check them out below:
bbPress – Still running that clunky, old-hat forum software on your website? If you haven’t tried out bbPress yet, you might want to give it a try! bbPress is forum software developed by the creators of WordPress, so you can rest assured that it will always be compatible with your installation and run using the most up to date features available. With X, we’ve taken it a step further and combed through every corner of what bbPress has to offer in an effort to tailor even the tiniest detail so that it is completely custom and not just like another “add-on.” bbPress is completely optional and is not required to run X, so if you don’t have any need for forums on your website, fear not! The theme will handle the loading of additional styles for bbPress dynamically, so if you’re not using the plugin you won’t have any extra code getting loaded in that you don’t need.
BuddyPress – If you’re looking to take your site “beyond the blog,” BuddyPress might just be the solution you’ve been looking for. As their website puts it, BuddyPress is ”...a powerful (yet elegant) suite of social networking components, made the WordPress way, to help you build a flexible & robust community.” X features fully integrated styling and functionality for BuddyPress. We’ve left no stone unturned by taking all native components such as profiles, settings, groups, activity streams, notifications, friendships, and private messaging (along with much more) and customized them to meet our highest standards. As with all of our integrated plugins, customers who don’t plan on using BuddyPress won’t have any extra code loaded onto their website…kiss code bloat goodbye!
Site Layout – It’s always nice to have decisions. Choose between boxed or fullwidth layouts across all Stacks to find a design that truly suits your needs.
Custom Backgrounds – Setting a background to your site helps to set the mood you’re trying to achieve. Simple colors can be light, clean, and professional, patterns can provide some texture and depth, while whole images can make a powerful statement. With X, there’s no fuss with any of these options as you can easily alter each Stack fit your style. Additionally, you can even set unique background images on individual pages, including using multiples to create fullwidth background slideshows (a very creative use for portfolios). You’ve never had this much fun playing around with background images.
Helpful Page Templates – X comes with numerous pages templates to provide you with plenty of flexibility and power when it comes to building the site you want. Easily turn off certain elements like your header or footer on particular pages to assist you in creating marketing squeeze pages, long form sales letters, and anything else you can think of. Our included blank templates are perfect for crafting unique homepage designs along with our powerful Elements, ensuring that your site will never look like anyone else’s who is using X. Included page templates are as follows:
- Blank – Container | Header, Footer
- Blank – Container | Header, No Footer
- Blank – Container | No Header, No Footer
- Blank – No Container | Header, Footer
- Blank – No Container | Header, No Footer
- Blank – No Container | No Header, No Footer
- Layout – Content Left, Sidebar Right
- Layout – Sidebar Left, Content Right
- Layout – Fullwidth
- Layout – Portfolio
Unlimited Sidebars – It’s a given with most themes these days and it’s no different with X. You have unlimited sidebars at your disposal to achieve whatever your project desires. Our sleek, intuitive sidebar manager interface has a couple tricks up it’s sleeve, and paired with our layout templates, you can accomplish anything. Some of the things you can do with sidebars in X include:
- Create and manage unlimited unique sidebars
- Set sidebars on either side of the page (left or right)
- Manage all unique sidebars from one streamlined interface
- Set sidebars on parent pages to be inherited by all child pages as well
Unique Portfolios – Each Stack in X features it’s own unique, one of a kind portfolio layout. While each portfolio appears visually different, you can still achieve all of the same desired results across all of them. Additionally, you can quickly and easily setup multiple portfolios on your website with our portfolio page template! With each portfolio that you create you can choose to display portfolio items from all categories, one category, or a custom selection of categories. With so much flexibility, it’s a snap to organize your work online. Some features of the portfolios include:
- Set a unique URL slug for your portfolio items
- Set how many posts per page you want to appear on the index listing
- Set how many columns you want to use on the index listing
- Supports images, galleries, and video
- Display either the featured image or the media type (e.g. gallery, video) on the index page
- Set unique backgrounds on each individual post to mirror your work
- Categorize and tag your portfolio pieces like normal posts for easy organization
Portfolio photography generously provided by James Brandon, jamesb.com.
Revolution Slider – X not only supports, but includes the premium Revolution Slider plugin for free along with your purchase of the theme. Effortlessly create and manage unique slideshows with captivating transitions and animations that are all completely responsive. With X, you can easily include a slider at the top of any page using a simple option dropdown, or to the body of your pages and posts using the generated shortcodes.
Simple Forms – Styling is included for the most popular form creation plugins on the market including Contact Form 7 and Gravity Forms for quick form setup.
Icon Fonts – They’re all the rage right now, and for good reason. Icon fonts are easy to use, look great across all devices (we’re talking about you retina displays), and aren’t much of a performance hit. With X, we’ve chosen to include two icon font libraries, Font Awesome, and the Foundation Social Set, combined to give you nearly 400 icons to use throughout your paragraphs, buttons, lists, and just about anything else you can think about.
Integrated Social Sharing – Facilitating the sharing of your content is a breeze with X. Built-in options allow for a quick, efficient, and seamless sharing experience that always feels custom tailored and never tacked on.
Retina Ready – Along with HTML5, CSS3, and icon fonts, X also ensures things like your logo look crystal clear across all devices.
Dynamic Thumbnail Sizing – Since we’ve provided you with not only the ability to control the width of your site, but also your content area, that much variable room can cause problems with your media (i.e. too big, too small, et cetera). However, we’ve included some custom scripting that takes care of all that, dynamically sizing all featured image content across your site based upon the dimensions you’ve chosen for your theme. What does it all mean in the end? Better performance and happier users. What else could you ask for?
Clean Code – X conforms to industry best practices at all levels. The attention to detail given by our developers on all levels is absolutely unparalleled. Implementing the latest HTML5 and CSS3 techniques, along with cutting edge WordPress standards ensures that your theme will provide you with the best possible experience you could hope for with a premium theme. Better load times and performance means your content is more readily consumed by your visitors, leading to repeat customers and increased exposure.
Demo Data – Sometimes it’s nice to get a little head start. Included with your purchase of X is a set of demo data illustrating how to accomplish dozens of unique layouts, along with how to take advantage of X’s unique feature-set. Be sure to check out our all new Expanded Demos – only available in the X Theme.
iLightBox jQuery Plugin – To make your images as beautiful as possible, we’ve integrated the iLightBox jQuery plugin directly in the theme in conjunction with the responsive lightbox shortcode. This $13 value is free with your purchase of X, and will ensure that your photographs look beautiful as ever in it’s fully responsive, minimal display.
Custom Post Formats – Manage your blog posts better by taking advantage of WordPress’ custom post formats. The following post formats are included, each with their own unique set of data inputs for managing content efficiently and easily:
Search Engine Optimized – A lot of people boast about search engine optimization. We actually have data to back it up. X was built with the help of industry experts, SEO included. Rest assured that everything from the foundational markup utilizing the latest semantic HTML5 elements, up to specialized shortcodes for increased clickthrough rates have all been expertly crafted to ensure that your site ranks as best it can.
Translation Ready – X is translation ready and comes with included .mo and .po files.
Unlimited Styling – Trust us on this: virtually any layout or design you can think of is possible with X WordPress Theme. We even believed in this so much, we created 30 demo sites (yes, 30), to show off what is truly possible with X, and these were just from our team. Imagine what you could create with your own imagination and the tools necessary to make it happen.
Right to Left – Included with X are Stack specific stylesheets that support right to left languages and reposition elements when necessary.
WAI-ARIA Roles – X includes WAI-ARIA roles throughout each and every template file to ensure that your site conforms to the latest accessibility standards set forth by the W3C.
Unbelievable Member Resources – Experience a member area like you’ve never seen before. Fully responsive, helpful forums, HD tutorials, expert contributions, and so much more. X is more than just a theme, it’s an experience unto itself.
Updates – Our #1 priority is to keep X on the cutting edge of functionality, and our team is quick to address bug fixes as well as adding new features.
Multisite Tested – X has been thoroughly tested across numerous multisite setups (including our own demo installations), so you can rest easy knowing that everything will function as it should across your network.
Child Theme Compatible – X is child theme compatible, with child themes available upon your purchase of the theme to make customization easy and painless.
Custom Widgets – It’s a breeze to include your Flickr or Dribbble feed into your theme with X’s custom widgets. Simply drag and drop them wherever you desire, input your user information, and you’re good to go!
Cross Browser Compatibility – No browser is left behind with the X WordPress Theme! All modern browsers supported by X include:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer 11
- Internet Explorer 10
- Internet Explorer 9
Threaded Comments – Threaded comment support is active in X and fully responsive, allowing your users’ comments to be easily viewable and readable on all devices, no matter how small.
Best WordPress Theme 2021 – X is truly the ultimate WordPress theme, and we look forward to proving it to you. Pick up your first or next license today!