Last update: Version 3.0.0 – December 21, 2018
Zox News helps you go from blogger to boss by giving you a wide range of tools and options to give you the most professional-looking and functioning news site on the net. Zox News comes with a mobile-first-design, 8 article layouts, 4 Featured Posts layouts, parallax leaderboard ad, Theia Post Slider, Theia Sticky Sidebar, Reviewer Plugin, Woocommerce-ready, and so much more!
More Key Features
One-Click Demo Import – Quickly set up the theme like the demo with the One Click Demo Import plugin!
RTL Ready – With access to over 800+ Google fonts and a built-in RTL feature that lets you switch the stylesheet to RTL with the click of a button, it has never been easier to set your site to RTL.
Featured Headlines – Most major news and magazine sites use shorter “teaser” headlines in their featured content sections. Zox News gives you the same option to spruce up your featured items in the Featured Posts section on the homepage and category pages.
Video/Audio Posts – Easily replace the standard featured image in posts with embedded video or audio from sites like YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud.
Retina Ready – The theme and its images look sharp and crisp on retina-ready devices!
800+ Google Fonts – Use any of the over 800 Google Fonts to set the fonts for the general text, navigation menu text, Featured Posts & Headlines, article title, and headings.
Unlimited Colors – Easily change the colors of the main background, navigation background/text, the primary theme color, and links to any color from within the Theme Options.
Unlimited Ad Units – Zox News takes full advantage of available ad space to give you a myriad of options to place your ads. The ad units include a main leaderboard area with adjustable height and width that can accommodate any size ad, an Ad Widget that can accommodate 300px wide ads of any height in the sidebar as well as any size leaderboard ad in the homepage widget area. Zox News also comes with a Wallpaper Ad that spans the width of the screen and site behind the content area.
Complete List of Features
- Compatible with WordPress 4.9+
- SEO Optimized
- RTL Ready
- Google AMP ready
- HTML5 & CSS3
- Translation ready (contains .po/.mo files)
- Child Theme included
- Comes with XML dummy data (posts, tags, categories, menus, dummy images)
- Easy implementation with Google Adsense ads
- WordPress Featured Image support
- WordPress Custom Background support
- WordPress Custom Menu support
- Unlimited Colors
- Youtube, Vimeo, and Soundcloud integration
- Schema.org Rich Snippets
- Custom Fly-Out Navigation
- WooCommerce compatible
- bbPress compatible
- Infinite Scroll
- Custom Theme Options panel
- Custom CSS section in Theme Options so users will not lose custom changes to CSS when you update to a new version
- Full-Width Posts
- Facebook comments support
- Built-In Disqus comments support
- Free lifetime updates
- Easy logo customization
- 800+ Google Fonts
- Threaded comments
- Ability to turn Featured Image on posts on/off
- Ability to turn social buttons on posts on/off
- Optional Caption/Photo Credit below Featured Images in posts
- Custom copyright/footer text
- Custom favicon
- In-depth documentation
- And much more!
MVP Themes takes pride in its support! If you have any questions related to the setup of Zox News that are not covered by the theme documentation or if you run into any bugs with the theme, please submit a ticket at the MVP Themes Support Center.
Unfortunately, MVP Themes cannot perform customization work for each of our customers, so Zox News comes “as-is”. Any customization you would like to make to the theme outside of fixing bugs will need to be done by you or a third party.
Updatesv3.0.0 December 21, 2018
- New Feature! – Adds Auto Load Posts feature!
- Fixes minor styling issue
- Updates MVP Social Buttons plugin to version 1.1
Affected files: All filesv2.1.1 – December 6, 2018
- Fixes bug with Google Adsense in leaderboard caused by last update
Affected files: /admin/admin-page.php /admin/options.php style.cssv2.1.0 – November 28, 2018
- New Feature!- Updates to new and improved Theme Options panel
- Fixes bugs with AMP post template
- Fixes bug with Twitter button on Teaser posts
- Fixes minor bug with mobile styling
Affected files: Allv2.0.1 – July 19, 2018
- Fixes minor bugs with Google AMP feature
Affected files: /admin/theme-settings.php amp-single.php functions.php style.cssv2.0.0 – July 17, 2018
- New Feature! – Adds Google AMP compatibility
- Updates Theia Post Slider to the latest version (2.0.0)
Affected files: /admin/theme-settings.php /css/amp-style.css /css/amp-media-queries.css amp-fly-menu.php amp-single.php functions.php style.cssv1.6.0 – April 24, 2018
- Adds One Click Demo Import function
- Fixes Flexible Widget wide version sidebar responsiveness
- Now hides Twitter icon if author does not have one
Affected files: All files in /import/ folder /css/media-queries.css /css/media-queries-rtl.css functions.php single.php style.cssv1.5.0 – December 13, 2017
- Fixes bug with Woocommerce country/state dropdowns on checkout page
Affected files: functions.php style.cssv1.4.0 – November 4, 2017
- NEW FEATURE! – Adds new Featured Posts layout for homepage
- NEW FEATURE! – Adds new Featured Posts layout for category pages
- Includes latest version of Theia Post Slider plugin (1.15.1)
- Fixes bug with reply button on author comments
- Fixes bug with translation on Featured 5 layout
- Fixes minor bug related to Continue Reading mobile button feature
- Fixes bug with sidebar on Latest News page template
- Fixes bug with PHP7 compatibility with widgets
Affected files: All filesv1.3.0 – August 23, 2017
- Fixes bug with Flexible Widget responsiveness
- Fixes bug with default post layout
- Fixes bug with Tabber Widget creating additional post below main article
Affected files: /css/media-queries.css /css/media-queries-rtl.css /widgets/widget-tabber.php functions.php single.php style.cssv1.2.0 – August 10, 2017
- NEW FEATURE! – Adds new Featured Post layout
- Fixes bug with new Facebook API update affecting sharing posts
- Fixes bug with Featured 1 layout and Tabber section when no image is used
Affected files: /admin/theme-settings.php /css/media-queries.css /css/media-queries-rtl.css /css/rtl.css /widgets/widget-tabber.php featured.php header.php style.cssv1.1.1 – August 6, 2017
- Fixes bug with translation of “ago”
- Fixes bug with leaderboard ad when using Post Layout 5 or 6 as the default
Affected files: All filesv1.1.0 – August 1, 2017
- NEW FEATURE! – Adds RTL support
- Fixes minor bug in bottom nav menu in Safari
- Fixes bug with Featured Posts 4 layout
- Fixes bug with Woocommerce thumbnail zoom
Affected files: /css/media-queries-rtl.css /css/rtl.css functions.php style.css