Envato Tuts+ Courses
- Video courses taught by expert instructors.
- Learn new skills from start to finish.
- Downloadable Source Files also available on GitHub.
This course builds on OOP in PHP With Tests. In this course we will continue where we left off previously and we will start programming at a faster pace. We will consider architecture problems and use test-driven development to devise solutions for problems like object creation and persistence.
Each lesson will take the source code one step closer to our goal. We will define the requirements for this course project in a planning session in which we will define the tasks we need to complete, and we will track those tasks through a kanban-style planning board. This will let us follow our progress through the course.
What You’ll Learn
- Explore advanced object-oriented design and architecture topics, while practising test-driven development.
- Rework an existing app by improving the architecture and using test-driven development to devise solutions for problems like object creation and persistence.
- Learn flexible approaches to persistence, such as using factories.
- Implement a new searching logic.
About the Instructor
Patkos Csaba works in several programming languages and uses all the major Agile techniques from Scrum to Lean and from TDD to DDD. Since August 2012 he has been sharing his programming knowledge with the Envato Tuts+ community through articles, tutorials, and courses. You can check out his website, follow him on Twitter, or connect with him on LinkedIn.