Envato Tuts+ Courses
- Video courses taught by expert instructors.
- Learn new skills from start to finish.
- Downloadable Source Files also available on GitHub.
The CSS3 Flexible Box layout model, or Flexbox to use it’s popular name, is a great way to create flexible and grid-based layouts without having to rely on floats or inline-block elements. In this course, Craig Campbell will show you all the fantastic things Flexbox can do, from setting up rows and columns, to understanding the properties of Flexbox. Finally, you’ll put this into practice by creating a simple page layout. So open up your favourite text editor and learn Flexbox!
What You’ll Learn
- Working with Flexbox containers, column widths, and the flex-direction property.
- Reordering your content and adding new content.
- Manipulating content spacing and wrapping.
- Aligning and justifying content.
- Using the flex-flow shorthand, which allows you to combine flex-direction and flex-wrap into one convenient CSS property.
- Finish by creating a sample website layout with Flexbox.
About the Instructor
Craig Campbell is a web designer who has been doodling on computers since the first time he opened Paintbrush in Windows 3.0 in 1990. Since then, he has constantly sought new and exciting ways to make beautiful things on computers.