About the Template
Slide is a clean, brightly colored, responsive html email template great for newsletters and announcements. Slide includes six prebuilt templates, each with six color options. In addition to standard HTML templates Slide includes special versions for Campaign Monitor and MailChimp.
Slide has been built from the ground up to look great on large screens, tablets, and smart phones. Resize your browser window in the live preview to see it in action.
- Responsive Design – Looks great on large screens, tablets and smartphones.
- Retina Quality Graphics – Logo, Buttons and Icons.
- Email on Acid Tested in over 30 browsers, devices, and email clients.
- 36 HTML Email Templates (Six Colors, Six Layouts).
- Layout PSD.
- PSD for Retina Graphics.
- Modular Design – copy and pasts content blocks to create your own custom layout..
- Documentation covers template editing, Campaign Monitor, MailChimp and more.
Campaign Monitor & MailChimp Support
Slide Mail includes special template files to take full advantage of Campaign Monitor visual editor tags for easy editing and full control over order and placement of content blocks.
This theme includes support for basic MailChimp merge tags. Edit text and images. Show, hide, and duplicate content blocks.
These templates have been tested with Email on Acid in all the major online and desktop email clients as well as major browsers. Mobile tested on Android, iPhone, and iPad. Slide can be sent out via email programs or online services which support importing/editing HTML code (these include Constant Contact, iContact, Mozilla Thunderbird and many others).
The Gmail App for iOS and Android does not support media queries as a result some mobile features of Slide will not work properly on Gmail for iOS or Android. The mobile web version of Gmail does not support media queries. This template is compatible with the desktop version of Gmail for the web.
The included Documentation contains step by step instructions for modifying or creating your own templates and uploading to Campaign Monitor and MailChimp.
Updates, Feedback, and Support
I am always looking ways to improve and update my work. If you have an idea or suggestion on how I might enhance (new element, additional service supported, bug fix) this theme or any of my others, just send me a message via my support email address.
Send any support requests through my ThemeForest contact form. I try to check item comments daily, but I can respond more quickly via the support email address.
I’ve used the following images, fonts, icons or other files as listed. If you would like to use one of them please see the below links.
- Icons – Font Awesome
- Font – Capriola
- Hero Image – Hydrant by Santos “Grim Santo” Gonzalez
Compatible Email Client List
Slide has been tested with the following clients.
- Android 2.3
- Android 4
- Kindle Fire
- Apple Mail 4
- Apple Mail 5
- Apple Mail 6
- Live Mail
- Lotus Notes 8
- Lotus Notes 8.5
- Outlook 2003
- Outlook 2007
- Outlook 2010
- Outlook 2013
- Outlook Express
- Thunderbird 13
- Windows Mail
Note: This template is not compatible with the Gmail App for iOS and Android. These apps do not support the media queries that are required to make the template mobile responsive.
Version History1.7 – July 26, 2014
- Fixed – Media Query formatting related MailChimp mobile preview and display.
- Fixed – Duplicate width attribute that was causing display/preview issues in Adobe Dreamweaver Design Mode.
- Fix – Bug fixes targeting the Gmail for Android app.
- Enhancement – Update documentation to reflect changes in MailChimp’s template import process and their new template/campaign editor.
- Fix – Small fix for MailChimp hero image block.
- Enhancement – Updated documentation to provide additional instructions on using the MailChimp editor to change email content.
- Fix – MailChimp specific templates now correctly apply responsive styles to images.
- Enhancement – Theme Documentation now has additional details on inline CSS for HTML emails.
- First Release!