Last update: Version 4.5.0 – November 12, 2021
The League is the premier sports news theme for WordPress. Add an instant, undeniable level of credibility and professionalism to your sports news site or blog with a SportsPress compatibility, a Custom Scoreboard, 8 Article Layouts, 4 Featured Posts Layouts, Mobile-First Responsiveness, access to over 800 Google Fonts, and so much more, including Theia Post Slider and Theia Sticky Sidebar included at no extra charge!
More Key Features
One-Click Demo Import – Quickly set up the theme like the demo with the One Click Demo Import plugin!
Optional Custom Scoreboard – Enter and display scores in a matter of seconds with The League’s custom-built scoreboard. You can customize the scoreboard to fit your own team or league by entering the sport or team you need.
Featured Headlines – Most major news and magazine sites use shorter “teaser” headlines in their featured content sections. The League gives you the same option to spruce up your featured items in the Featured Posts section on the homepage and category pages.
RTL Ready – With access to over 800+ Google fonts and a built-in RTL feature that lets you switch the stylesheet to RTL with the click of a button, it has never been easier to set your site to RTL.
Video/Audio Posts – Easily replace the standard featured image in posts with embedded video or audio from sites like YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud.
Retina Ready – The theme and its images look sharp and crisp on retina-ready devices!
800+ Google Fonts – Use any of the over 800 Google Fonts to set the fonts for the general text, navigation menu text, Featured Posts & Headlines, article title, and headings.
Unlimited Colors – Easily change the colors of the main background, navigation background/text, the primary theme color, and links to any color from within the Theme Options.
Unlimited Ad Units – The League takes full advantage of available ad space to give you a myriad of options to place your ads. The ad units include a main leaderboard area with adjustable height and width that can accommodate any size ad, an Ad Widget that can accommodate 300px wide ads of any height in the sidebar as well as any size leaderboard ad in the homepage widget area. The League also comes with a Wallpaper Ad that spans the width of the screen and site behind the content area.
Complete List of Features
- Compatible with WordPress 5.9+
- SEO Optimized
- RTL Ready
- Google AMP Ready
- HTML5 & CSS3
- Translation ready (contains .po/.mo files)
- Child Theme included
- Comes with XML dummy data (posts, tags, categories, menus, dummy images)
- Easy implementation with Google Adsense ads
- WordPress Featured Image support
- WordPress Custom Background support
- WordPress Custom Menu support
- Unlimited Colors
- Youtube, Vimeo, and Soundcloud integration
- Schema.org Rich Snippets
- Custom Fly-Out Navigation
- WooCommerce compatible
- bbPress compatible
- Infinite Scroll
- Custom Theme Options panel
- Custom CSS section in Theme Options so users will not lose custom changes to CSS when you update to a new version
- Full-Width Posts
- Facebook comments support
- Built-In Disqus comments support
- Free lifetime updates
- Easy logo customization
- 800+ Google Fonts
- Threaded comments
- Ability to turn Featured Image on posts on/off
- Ability to turn social buttons on posts on/off
- Optional Caption/Photo Credit below Featured Images in posts
- Custom copyright/footer text
- Custom favicon
- In-depth documentation
- And much more!
MVP Themes takes pride in its support! If you have any questions related to the setup of The League that are not covered by the theme documentation or if you run into any bugs with the theme, please submit a ticket at the MVP Themes Support Center.
Unfortunately, MVP Themes cannot perform customization work for each of our customers, so The League comes “as-is”. Any customization you would like to make to the theme outside of fixing bugs will need to be done by you or a third party.
Updatesv4.5.0 – November 12, 2021
- Adds TikTok social site buttons and updates Font Awesome to latest version.
Affected files: MVP Social Fields plugin (version 1.01) /admin/theme-settings.php /font-awesome (entire folder) featured.php fly-menu.php footer.php functions.php header.php page.php page-fullwidth.php single.php style.cssv4.4.1 – August 12, 2021
- Fixes bug with replying to comments
Affected files: comments.php style.cssv4.4.0 – June 9, 2021
- Adds ability to use shortcodes in all ad areas
Affected files: /widgets/widget-ad.php featured.php functions.php header.php style.cssv4.3.0 – March 13, 2021
- Fixed bug with scrolling navigation
Affected files: featured.php style.cssv4.2.1 – October 29, 2020
- Fixed bug with Featured Posts 4 layout
Affected files: featured.php style.cssv4.2.0 – September 1, 2020
- Fixed bug with comments caused by WordPress 5.5. update
- Fixes bug with video embeds after WordPress 5.5 Update
- Fixed minor bug with Featured Posts 4 layout
Affected files: featured.php functions.php style.cssv4.1.0 – September 11, 2019
- Adds compatibility with SportsPress Pro
- Updates category Featured Posts function
Affected files: category.php functions.php style.cssv4.0.0 – July 19, 2018
- New Feature! – Adds Google AMP compatibility
- Adds TGMPA Plugin Activation function
- Updates Theia Post Slider to the latest version (2.0.0)
Affected files: /admin/theme-settings.php /css/amp-style.css /css/amp-media-queries.css amp-fly-menu.php amp-single.php functions.php style.cssv3.2.0 – April 5, 2018
- Adds One-Click Demo Import feature
Affected files: All files in /import/ folder functions.php style.cssv3.1.0 – November 9, 2017
- Fixes bug with color of SportsPress
- Fixes bug with tabbing of scores page which is included in the updated version of MVP Themes Scoreboard plugin (1.1)
- Fixes bug with the translation of the word “ago”
- Fixes bug with PHP7 compatibility with widgets
- Updates Theia Post Slider to latest version (1.15.1)
Affected files: All filesv3.0.0 – August 22, 2017
- NEW FEATURE! Adds new Featured Posts layout
- NEW FEATURE! Adds mobile-compatible Scoreboard page
- NEW FEATURE! Adds RTL Compatibility
- Fixes bug with scoreboard posts when using Default Templates 5 and 6
- Fixes load issues by updating retina.js file
Affected files: /admin/theme-settings.php /css/media-queries.css /css/media-queries-rtl.css /css/rtl.css /js/jquery.elastislide.js /js/jquery.elastislide-rtl.js /js/retina.js /js/scripts.js featured.php functions.php page-scores.php single.php style.cssv2.1.0 – May 24, 2017
- Fixes bug with translation of dates in widgets
- Fixes WooCommerce bug caused by retina function
Affected files: /js/retina.js /widgets/widget-catfeat-php /widgets/widget-home-catlist.php /widgets/widget-home-tagfeat.php /widgets/widget-tagfeat.php functions.php style.cssv2.0.1 – April 27, 2017
- Makes theme compatible with WooCommerce 3.0
Affected files: functions.php style.cssv2.0.0 – April 25, 2017
- NEW FEATURE! Adds SportsPress compatibility
- Adds days limit for Trending Posts in Featured #4 layout
- Adds “Advertisement” text above sidebar ads to comply with Google Adsense
- Fixes bug with Featured Posts title in mobile version
- Updates Theia Post Slider to latest version (1.14.0)
- Updates Theia Sticky Sidebar to latest version (1.7.0)
Affected files: /admin/theme-settings.php /css/media-queries.css /widgets/widget-ad.php functions.php header.php page.php page-sp.php sidebar-sp.php single.php style.cssv1.02.0 – March 7, 2017
- NEW FEATURE! Adds 4 new widgets
- NEW FEATURE! Adds “Light” skin to scoreboard
- Fixes bug with post social sharing buttons
- Fixes bug with sidebar display
- Fixes bug with Featured Posts 2 layout
Affected files: Allv1.01.0 – March 1, 2017
- NEW FEATURE! Adds two more post templates
- Adds date to posts throughout site
- Improves display of social sharing buttons on mobile devices
- Provides toggle on/off and “hide” options for Trending Posts box on articles
Affected files: /css/media-queries.css /js/scripts.js /widgets/widget-home-catlist.php archive.php category.php footer.php functions.php header.php index.php page-home.php page-latest.php search.php single.php style.cssv1.0.1 – February 23, 2017
- Fixes bug with flyout menu logo
- Fixes bug with Featured Posts 1 layout
- Fixes bug with Google Fonts
Affected files: /css/media-queries.css featured.php fly-menu.php functions.php style.css