Envato Tuts+ Courses
- Video courses taught by expert instructors.
- Learn new skills from start to finish.
- Downloadable Source Files also available on GitHub.
Since its release many years ago, Ruby on Rails has become a staple of the web development industry. Today however, web architectures tend to favour the integration of separate services, or front-end code connecting to the back-end through JSON APIs.
Rails hasn’t always had strong support for API development. However, community-built gems have filled the gap, and Rails is now an excellent choice for developing a server-side API. In this course, Envato Tuts+ instructor José Mota will show you how to get started with API development in Ruby on Rails to deliver data through JSON.
What You’ll Learn
- Build a Rails API for managing a restaurant.
- Go through each of the steps, from managing tables and creating orders to handling payments and receipts.
- Explore refactoring opportunities.
- Introduce extra features like pagination and email notifications.
- Use Active Model Serializers to control data representation.
- Create efficient documentation with Apiary.
About the Instructor