Envato Tuts+ Courses
- Video courses taught by expert instructors.
- Learn new skills from start to finish.
- Downloadable Source Files also available on GitHub.
Image galleries are used everywhere on the web: for sharing photos, for promoting products, for project portfolios and many other applications. There are lots of pre-built image galleries available, but wouldn’t it be more fun to build our own? Besides, building an image gallery app is a perfect opportunity to practice using Sinatra for simple web apps with authentication, Sequel for database access and Carrierwave for file uploading. We’ll even add social media integration.
What You’ll Learn
- Bootstrap an image gallery project using Sinatra.
- Set up image storage.
- Add buttons for sharing content through social media.
- Create a simple way for the gallery owner to log in and be authorized using HTTP basic authentication.
About the Instructor