Envato Tuts+ Courses
- Video courses taught by expert instructors.
- Learn new skills from start to finish.
- Downloadable Source Files also available on GitHub.
As mobile developers, we want to create the polished user experience that a native app can provide. At the same time, we’d like to share code across platforms to make our development process more efficient—including our UI code! With the continuing evolution of Xamarin.Forms, sharing UI code across platforms has become easier and easier.
In this course, you’ll learn how to create cross-platform mobile apps using Xamarin.Forms. In the process, you’ll learn about working with controls, behaviors, triggers, and more.
What You’ll Learn
- How to create your first project in Xamarin.Forms and set up the correct project structure and app lifecycle.
- Work with different types of controls.
- Set up pages and layouts using XAML.
- Add Views, Cells, ListViews, and TableViews.
- Understand the new features in Xamarin.Forms 1.3.
- Customize the controls and access native APIs.
About the Instructor
Derek Jensen is a lifetime nerd who calls the Chicagoland area home. His day job consists of writing highly transactional back-end web services, data access layers, and n-tier applications using the .NET Framework in C#. You can check out his website, follow him on Twitter, and see his profile on GitHub.