Envato Tuts+ Courses
- Video courses taught by expert instructors.
- Learn new skills from start to finish.
- Downloadable Source Files also available on GitHub.
When developing a Node.js app, you will probably need one or more of these dependencies: a database server, a key-value store, a background worker or a search engine. Installing and running these on your local machine gets messy fast. Data from your app can also interfere with other apps you are developing on the same system.
With Vagrant you can isolate these dependencies in a virtual machine, start and stop them all together, and save yourself having to set up everything all over when your system crashes or when you move to a new computer. In this course, you will learn how to create a virtual machine with Vagrant, configure it for Node.js development, and share it with others.
What You’ll Learn
- How Vagrant can help keep your local workstation clean while making your development environment reproducible.
- How to set up your Node.js stack.
- How to use Vagrant for an efficient Node.js workflow.
- Exporting and sharing your Vagrant box.
- Sharing your local Vagrant instance.
About the Instructor