Envato Tuts+ Courses
- Video courses taught by expert instructors.
- Learn new skills from start to finish.
- Downloadable Source Files also available on GitHub.
ASP.NET is used by millions of developers worldwide to build web apps. With each release, Microsoft changes ASP.NET for the better and version 5 with ASP.NET MVC 6 is no exception. Microsoft says that this upgrade makes “ASP.NET leaner, more modular, cross-platform, and cloud optimized.”
In this course, you’ll learn everything you need in order to get started writing web applications with ASP.NET 5. I’ll show you how to create your first app using the ASP.NET MVC 6 framework. We’ll see how to use some of the new tooling for web development, how to implement a web API for consumption by other programs and more, all in the context of building a simple message board app.
What You’ll Learn
- Get hands-on practice with the ASP.NET MVC 6 framework by creating a message board app.
- Learn how to handle GET and POST requests.
- Understand model validation.
- Set up security and authorization.
- Get detailed instructions on displaying data, from adding a service layer and view model through to implementing a web API.
About the Instructor