Envato Tuts+ Courses
- Video courses taught by expert instructors.
- Learn new skills from start to finish.
- Downloadable Source Files also available on GitHub.
Web components provide a new standard for building web UI components, and Polymer makes it easy to build reusable components for your web applications. Polymer is built from the ground up for modern browsers, with an emphasis on speed and reduced code size.
In this course, Envato Tuts+ instructor Jeremy McPeak will teach you the fundamentals of Polymer. You’ll learn how to create your own custom elements, how to manage their style, and how to add behaviors to them with events.
What You’ll Learn
- How to get set up with Polymer and install it with Bower.
- How to create custom elements and add content to them.
- The best way to incorporate styles in your custom element by using the shadow DOM.
- How attributes work in Polymer and how to design an API for your elements.
- How to do data binding with the repeater and conditional templates.
- How to listen for events and fire new custom events.
About the Instructor