Envato Tuts+ Courses
- Video courses taught by expert instructors.
- Learn new skills from start to finish.
- Downloadable Source Files also available on GitHub.
Creating native Android apps allows you to deliver a first-class mobile experience to your users. This course will take you through native Android development, from setup to creating a finished app.
In this course you will create an Android app for a zoo. You will create a list of exhibits that opens into a detail page, a gallery and a Google Maps section. You will also implement a navigation drawer and toolbar, while learning the basics of material design.
What You’ll Learn
- Step-by-step walkthrough of creating an Android app, including a gallery, Google Maps integration, a navigation drawer and toolbar, and more.
- Understand what material design is and how to use it in your apps.
- How to get set up with Android Studio and start using it for app development.
- How to style your application with XML and Java code.
About the Instructor
Paul Trebilcox-Ruiz is an Android developer in Boulder, Colorado, USA. He works for Sphero, a company that creates awesome robotic toys, and he has a passion for building Star Wars LEGO sets, playing Ingress and reading. Connect with him on LinkedIn or GitHub+.